TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Rock Band!

I just got the game. They've gotta be kidding me with Green Grass and High Tides... This is gonna take a while...

Yeah that's my last song on Expert. It's not fun. The first solo isn't even the hardest. The second one just keeps.....on.....GOING. Check out Wulfe79's solo run of it on YouTube. He doesn't miss a note until a third of the way through the solo. That and him going 100% on Cult of Personality may be two of the most impressive video game events I've seen in a long time.

In other news, everyone involved with RB is getting sued by Gibson for infringement. I guess they forgot to call Gibson before they used them for the guitar.

I caught pure Hell when I first started playing. I just popped the game in and started playing it and thought it was rather hard on easy.

Then I hit pause and discovered it had a "Lefty Mode". Been Having a good time ever since..LOL

I had read it was MTV and EA as well, I think this has something to do with the dodgy midi guitar Gibson made back in 1999ish. They think in someway that relates to the virtual guitar you use in Guitar Hero, which in some ways is similar, but hardly enough to go busting skulls over, especially on the scale they're trying.

What's even stranger is that Gibson have been in partnership with Activision, Harmonix, etc, for the last 3 years and have said NOTHING. This all probably comes down to Gibson thinking they're not getting a big enough cut of the profits.

Gibson's suing the makers of Rock Band, the makers of Guitar Hero, and people selling the games. It's straight up patent trolling for something they filed a decade ago and then never did anything with.

Totally fucked up.

The release in Australia has been pushed back until August. That very fact compelled me to buy a Wii for the next few months to keep me occupied.

First full-album DLC this Tuesday: Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest for $15, or $2 per individual song.

And two more albums to add for future release: The Cars' self-titled album, and Doolittle by The Pixies. Possibly in May and June, respectively. Who's Next and Nevermind are still in the works, as far as I can tell.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44599

The Cars? Sweet. I don't know a whole lot about their early stuff, but the guitar part of "My Best Friend's Girl" should be fun to play. "Moving In Stereo" is going to give me Phoebe Cates flashbacks though.

First full-album DLC this Tuesday: Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest for $15, or $2 per individual song.

And two more albums to add for future release: The Cars' self-titled album, and Doolittle by The Pixies. Possibly in May and June, respectively. Who's Next and Nevermind are still in the works, as far as I can tell.

$15 seems a bit steep for a Judas Priest album at about 8 songs or so. I understand some extra cost involved with the work that goes into taking the tracks and making them playable but still.

$15 seems a bit steep for a Judas Priest album at about 8 songs or so. I understand some extra cost involved with the work that goes into taking the tracks and making them playable but still.

9 tracks, 10 songs, with "The Hellion" mixed in to "Electric Eye", since it's only 41 seconds.

It's in line with the two 6-packs released so far, at $1.66/song. Compared to $1.83/song for 3-packs, or $2/song individually.

I have it too. Mostly play guitar and vocals online since I still suck on drums.

Edited by KingPK