TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Rock Band!

I'm cheap too. :P But in a world of horse armor and for-pay 60-pixel avatars as DLC, this is pretty inoffensive. To me, anyhow. But I play a shit ton of Rock Band.

Yeah me too, that's why I'm going to pay it. BTW, I'm glad they're putting in a bass world tour. My friend and I play together and while I'm pretty good, he's still better than me. So, he usually plays lead and I get stuck keeping the beat. So at least I can get some practice in this way.

I didn't pay for the horse armor though. Shivering Isles, yeah I got it, but fuck horse armor. My horse dies, I'll steal another one. And no way in hell am I paying for avatars.

Where are you exporting them to? Do they just sit on the hardrive?

Yeah, they're on there like downloaded songs. You can even delete some if you feel inclined. It all takes up 1.5 GB.

I was thinking of getting RB2 on a trip to the States tomorrow but then I read it's not bundled with anything until October. I only have a PS2 GH controller so that wouldn't do me much good.

So with Rock Band 2 officially out, is anyone up for starting up a band? I usually do vocals, but I'm up for playing guitar and bass if needed to. Anyone else down?

Yes, finally we can do bands online. I'm in. I can play anything.

2 more?

Edit: I see AnonymousBrocolli playing. I know he wants in. He has to.

I'm not bad on Hard drums, but for the more difficult songs I play Medium online because if I try Hard there would be much failure.

I think it would be prudent to just form 2 bands.

Once we get 8 definites, let's go for it. I'll start a separate thread to help organize things.

I'm a little bummed with the game, to be honest.

Seems like there might be strumming problems with some X-Plorers and Les Pauls. I spent a few hours screwing with calibration trying to figure out why I was missing so much on stuff like "3's & 7's".

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14843

I'm a bit of a ScoreHero fiend (even though I'm not that good), so I've been hoping they'd increase the statistical functions in the game. Turns out they've actually taken steps backwards in that regard. If you play a multi-song set, it will display your score (without the note streaks) for all of about 7 seconds, before automatically going on to the next song. It only stops and shows full stats for the last song of the set.

And the songs I've played so far haven't exactly set my world on fire. I think "PDA" wins the "Anarchy in the U.K." award for "Dear God, when will this monotonous strumming end?" "Alive" was pretty fun on Hard Drums. "Everlong" too, though it was kind of tiring, and gimped the less hi-hat-crazy parts, so it wasn't as good as I was hoping. Unfortunately, I probably won't be very good at said hi-hat parts on Expert, so I don't know if there'll be a happy medium for me.

I can be part of a band eventually, sure. I usually play drums, but my pads are kinda shit. I'm waiting for a replacement, and then I'm hoping to sell them to go towards the bundle. And the guitar is screwy for the time being too. So, I dunno. :bonk:

Sweet Jesus, "Everlong" on guitar is pure bliss. :wub:

"One Step Closer", however, just hurt my hand. And it's fucking Tier 1. :spank:

"One Step Closer" was one of only 2-3 songs I didn't get at least 4 stars on.