TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Rock Band!

I have such a dumb question but how many play on hard normally and how long did it take for you to play normally on hard?

I tried it last night with Rockband 2 and I got to the point where I was just ready to start smashing the guitar. My have a few problems when trying to play on hard.

1. I tend to move my hand over to fast and forget where the buttons are.

2. After a few notes are played, I can't tell what fingers are on what buttons and have to look down to replace my fingers.

3. when a blue note comes up, 85% of the time I'll go right for the orange button.

Any tips on handling the guitar while playing on hard mode?

Learn to slide your index finger from Green to Red so that if your index is on Red, your pinky is on Orange, index on Green then pinky is on Blue.

Helps a lot.

Also, get used to and note the little bumps that are on each button and as Rant said, learn to slide your hand down the neck while still in contact with the buttons instead of lifting it and moving down. Eventually you will be able to know the buttons by feel and not have to look.

Man. the new Rock Band guitar controller is 70 damn dollars? I was going to buy one with Rock Band 2 after hearing some good reviews, but I guess I'll just buy a used Guitar Hero one instead.

AC/DC Track Pack available exclusively at WalMart this holiday. The 18 tracks will be:

"Thunderstruck"

"Shoot to Thrill"

"Back in Black"

"Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"

"Heatseeker"

"Fire Your Guns"

"Jailbreak"

"The Jack"

"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"

"Moneytalks"

"Hells Bells"

"High Voltage"

"Whole Lotta Rosie"

"You Shook Me All Night Long"

"T.N.T."

"Let There Be Rock"

"Highway To Hell"

"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

This game is getting better and better as I unlock more tracks. I totally forgot that Carry On Wayward Son is in this. And Aqualung is awesome as well.

I changed my band name about a week and a half ago, but never mentioned it. I may have th best one ever: Women & Children Die First.

That's awesome, but did they tell you that the band name wasn't "classy" enough for online? That's the message I got about the name of my band.

I changed my band name about a week and a half ago, but never mentioned it. I may have th best one ever: Women & Children Die First.

That's awesome, but did they tell you that the band name wasn't "classy" enough for online? That's the message I got about the name of my band.

Nope. Apparently "Die" is acceptable.

Sorry, PK, but Xbox Live went down last night. Figured you guessed that.

I did and I read about the hiccups people were having.

The registration for the 20 free tracks is open. Just go here and use the code on the back of the manual with your e-mail address to register. When the tracks are available, they will e-mail you a code to get them.

This week's DLC:

The Offspring Pack

"Gone Away"

"Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)"

"Self Esteem"

"Stop!" by Against Me!

"All Right Now" by Free

"Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood

"Cream and Bastards Rise" by Harvey Danger

"Nearly Lost You" by Screaming Trees

"Push It" by Static-X

Also, the rumor is that Dr. Feelgood is the next album release on October 14th. Finally, a video game rendition of Dr. Feelgood that isn't from the Genesis era!

Man, I like Metallica, but fuck "Battery" in the ass. I got to the end of a 6 song West Coast Setlist (guitar on hard) and failed at 71% twice, and I lost the progress for the 5 songs before. I'll have to switch difficulties for this song, I think.

Yeah my friend and I were doing the Rolling Stone Setlist and got "Battery" and "Painekiller" back to back. I nearly threw my guitar out the window.

BTW, "Rob the Prez-o-dent" is one wierd song to play guitar on. So offbeat and just odd.

Can't remember if this was mentioned already. If you bought Rock Band 2 new, you can register on a website with the code on the back of your instruction manual to get 20 free DLC tunes. Those songs have been revealed, and they're available November 4th:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/922/922241p1.html

• The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"
  • Authority Zero - "No Regrets"
  • Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"
  • The Cab - "Bounce"
  • The Chevelles - "Get It On"
  • The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"
  • Dealership - "Database Corrupted"
  • Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"
  • The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"
  • Hollywood Undead - "Young"
  • Kutless - "The Feeling"