TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Rock Band!

I listened to the songs last night, and I can't claim to hate any of them. At least half were fun to listen to, with maybe 6 or 7 being kind of unremarkable.

"Prequel To The Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me would be very cool as an instrumental. With the screaming vocals... not so much. "Like a Fool" by Shaimus is groovy. My bud referred to Lesley Roy as "Discount Paramore", but I kinda like Paramore, so she could be alright. Though probably not as fun on drums. "Ashes To Fire" by The Ghost Hounds has a bluesy/funk feel to it. "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter sounds like a fun strummer with a gonzo solo on guitar. "Bounce" by The Cab -- Same bud: "It's like N'Sync with more guitar." Should send the metalheads into a tizzy.

And "Magnetic Baby" by Semi-Precious Weapons just needs to be pointed out for the video:

DLC this week:

Siouxsie and the Banshees Pack - 440 MSP ($5.49)

"Hong Kong Garden" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

"The Killing Jar" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

"Kiss Them For Me" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

Blink 182 - "Dammit" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

The Psychedelic Furs - "Pretty In Pink" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

Silversun Pickups - "Melatonin" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

Silversun Pickups - "Well Thought Out Twinkles" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

And "Magnetic Baby" by Semi-Precious Weapons just needs to be pointed out for the video:

Holy hell that is awesome.

The Beatles' Apple Corps Ltd. and MTV have scheduled a press teleconference tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. ET to announce "an exclusive agreement to develop a global music project."

Although the announcement does not offer details on the agreement, representatives for the Beatles have been talking to MTV's "Rock Band" team for months.

Credit: Billboard.com

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97824

I am very happy to announce here (before anywhere else) that next week's DLC offering will be the Foo Fighter's The Colour and the Shape album (one of my favorites). With “Everlong” already featured on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack, the DLC album will include the following tracks:

1. "Doll"

2. "Monkey Wrench"

3. "Hey, Johnny Park!"

4. "My Poor Brain”

5. "Wind Up"

6. "Up in Arms"

7. "My Hero"

8. "See You”

9. "Enough Space"

10. "February Stars”

11. "Walking After You”

12. “New Way Home”

The Colour and the Shape will be available for download starting November 11, 2008, for the Xbox®360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and November 13, 2008, for the PS3. Pricing will be $19.99 (1600 Microsoft Points) for the album, or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track. All tracks are masters.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I downloaded the 20 free songs. They're....not so good. I only played the guitar parts and a lot of them are incredibly repetitive. A few aren't that bad, but it sucks that you only download all 20 at once in a big file which prevents you from deleting individual songs.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104472

Next week we have 13 tracks from No Doubt's album "The Singles 1992-2003".

Pricing will be $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track or $19.99 (1600 Microsoft Points) for the pack.

1."Just a Girl"

2."It’s My Life"

3."Hey Baby"

4."Bathwater”

5."Sunday Morning"

6."Hella Good"

7."Underneath It All"

8."Excuse Me Mr.”

9."Running"

10."Spiderwebs”

11."Simple Kind of Life”

12.“Don’t Speak”

13.“Ex-Girlfriend”

I saw an ad for a product that appeared to be a Guitar Hero / Rock Band drum combo - it had 4 panels and 2 cymbals (and the foot peddle of course). I forget what it was called, but it cost $400. What a stupid product, you can almost get two complete game kits for that.

http://www.drumrocker.com/products/index.php

Unfortunately, it is $400 in Canada. (Anywhere that has it in stock, that is.) As opposed to $300 in the US. I was waiting in line at Future Shop the other day, and a guy was buying them. If I had money to burn, I'd probably pick them up, to be honest. I like drumming, but I'm not a huge fan of the stock kit. Even with the RB2 improvements.

Most (well, all) of those details about what the kit really is or does and why it's worth $400 Canadian was not really explained in the Future Shop flyer, they just showed what appeared to be a 3rd party drum set with a huge price tag on it. It sounds kind of cool now, but pricey.

I was playing RB2 with the GH:WT drums at a party on Saturday. I'm already terrible with the drums so that took some adjusting with the cymbal.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107162

Next week we will be dropping the Rockin' the Holidays 2008 pack for DLC. This pack will come out on Xbox 360 and PS3 on Tuesday, December 23rd. Come back Friday for more news on next week's DLC.

Barenaked Ladies - "Hanukkah Blessings"

Billy Squier - “Christmas is the Time To Say I Love You”

The Pretenders - “Blue Christmas”

Holiday tracks will be available for $.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) each or for $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

Looking for a quick answer and I couldn't find it quick with a Google search. Sorry if this has been brought up already but...

I just bought Rock Band 2 as a Christmas present for Wii. I bought the special edition with all the instruments. I was wondering if these instruments would work with other games like Guitar Hero World Tour... if we ever want to pick that up. Anyone know for sure? All I could find is that Guitar Hero instruments work with Rock Band 2.

Looking for a quick answer and I couldn't find it quick with a Google search. Sorry if this has been brought up already but...

I just bought Rock Band 2 as a Christmas present for Wii. I bought the special edition with all the instruments. I was wondering if these instruments would work with other games like Guitar Hero World Tour... if we ever want to pick that up. Anyone know for sure? All I could find is that Guitar Hero instruments work with Rock Band 2.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56401

DLC double shot!

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107391

So yesterday we announced that the Rockin' the Holidays three pack was coming out next week. But that won't be all! On Tuesday (December 23rd) on both PS3 and 360 we will also be releasing a Foo Fighters Pack!

Foo Fighters - “DOA”

Foo Fighters - “Times Like These”

Foo Fighters - “This Is A Call”

The Foo Fighters’ tracks will be available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) each or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, after a hiatus I went back and started playing it a bit, mainly the challenges. Got to the "Impossible Guitar Challenge" which actually wasn't that bad. Three of the four were songs I had beaten handily (Highway Star, Won't Get Fooled Again, and.... something else). However, I FINALLY, for the first time, got through "Flirtin' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchett. Jesus I hate playing that song. WAY too many hammer ons for me to be comfortable with.

Well, not I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I suppose I could go back and do the rest of the guitar challenges, but they're all annoyingly long. I don't know about you, but I need some serious motivation to sit down and play somethin like the "Infinite 80's Marathon" with 30 songs.

I did the Infinite '90s Marathon once. 35 songs on mine. I got $180 for it. <_< But a ton of stars, I assume. Now it says it's in progress, because The Colour and the Shape is all in there.

If it's in the Challenges section, and not Tour mode, you can pause and quit, and it'll save your progress.

Stupid question.

Do Rock Band instruments work with Guitar Hero games, and vice-versa? Or does it only go one way? Or not at all?

My roomie is looking to pick one of them up for his PS3, but he doesn't know which one he wants because both games have some track lists he really likes. Just wondering if there's any cross-over, or if he's boned.

As of Rock Band 2, and Guitar Hero World Tour, all instruments should work with all games on PS3 and 360. I haven't kept up with things all that well to know if that's actually true. If he wants to stay on the safe side, the Guitar Hero (RedOctane) guitars are generally more compatible, since it was mainly GH publisher Activision pitching a fit about cross-compatability in the past. I think most people prefer the feel of the GH guitar controllers anyhow.

Here's Joystiq's chart:

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/