TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Rock Band!

Stupid question.

Do Rock Band instruments work with Guitar Hero games, and vice-versa? Or does it only go one way? Or not at all?

My roomie is looking to pick one of them up for his PS3, but he doesn't know which one he wants because both games have some track lists he really likes. Just wondering if there's any cross-over, or if he's boned.

I have Rock Band 1 and use the instruments to play Guitar Hero World Tour & they all work fine. The old Guitar Hero 3 Les Paul guitar works with Rock Band too.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113359

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC for the week of January 13th. We're putting out a sweet Lenny Kravitz 4 Song Pack, including the following songs:

"Are You Gonna Go My Way"

"Freedom Train"

"Let Love Rule"

"Mr. Cab Driver"

In addition to the Kravitz 4 Pack, we're also putting out two tracks from a pair of fan favorite Harmonix bands.

Megasus - "Megasus"

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - "Entangled"

All tracks are masters. The Kravitz tracks will be available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece or $6.99 (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the full 4 song pack pack. The HMX tracks will be $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points) a piece.

These tracks will be available on the Xbox Marketplace on January 13th, and they'll be up in the Playstation Store on January 15th. The Playstation Store will also be updating with last week's Roy Orbison 6 Pack as well, and you can check last week's announcement thread here for the track listing and pricing.

I know this isn't a Guitar Hero thread, but I figured I'd ask here since I know some of you use GH guitars. In the middle of a session, my strum bar on my GH3 Les Paul stopped working. It'll function maybe one out of every 25 strums, obviously not enough to be useful.

Has anyone had this happen? I've heard of RB1 guitar strum bars messing up, but not Les Pauls. At any rate, I have the RB1 guitar which neither I nor my friends like, and the GHII Xplorer which I will use for one player right now. Any deals on the GH: Aerosmith bundle?

Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups is my new favorite song to play.

I don't know how you're supposed to strum some of that guitar stuff on expert. :wacko: If the song were half as long, I'd like the drum part. At 6 minutes, it gets a little tedious.

"Well Thought Out Twinkles" is one of those songs I keep meaning to download, but haven't, for whatever reason.

I prefer the Guitar Hero version of it.

I also agree with Thoth. I still have the GH2 guitar and it hasn't failed me yet. Considering how often I take it over to friends' houses and how much of a beating it takes that's something.

I also agree with Thoth. I still have the GH2 guitar and it hasn't failed me yet. Considering how often I take it over to friends' houses and how much of a beating it takes that's something.

I actually recommended the Rock Band 2 Guitar. The Guitar Hero 2 guitar, in my opinion, ain't so hot.

I have The GH2, GH3, WT and RB2 guitars..

RB2 is by far the best, most realistic feeling guitar there is.

However, none of my friends like it (nor are they as used to it), so I get to use it all the time.

I actually recommended the Rock Band 2 Guitar. The Guitar Hero 2 guitar, in my opinion, ain't so hot.

*looks at the posts*

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I still like my plastic toy GH2 guitar. It's taken a beating with no problems so far.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115222

Hey everybody,

Posting this from lovely Park City, Utah for the Sundance Film Festival (more on this later). Next week we have a bunch of bands and DLC coming out including the much loved Steve Miller Band, Rob Zombie, Belly, Godsmack, Mute Math, and Ghost Hounds. It is a DLC Bonanza! I don't have the info for Wii quite yet so I will update with that once I can (and can find some wi-fi again).

Release Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace) and Thursday, January 22, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Tracks:

Steve Miller Band “Space Cowboy”

Steve Miller Band “Take the Money and Run”

Steve Miller Band “The Joker”

Godsmack “I Stand Alone”

Belly “Feed the Tree”

Ghost Hounds “Wind Me Up”

Mute Math “Typical”

Rob Zombie “War Zone”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Price:

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the Steve Miller Band 3-pack

Yay Mute Math. :)

I <3 "Typical" :wub:

First, I'll just say that this is a favourite song of mine, generally speaking. After I got my cheap HDTV last summer,

was the first thing I cued up on the DVR. And I happened to really like it. :)

Actually went through all 4 parts consecutively, which I don't think I'd done before. All Expert, too.

First drums, which is SWANK. I'll lose my right stick on occasion in mid-play, but I think this one set a distance record. I was having way too much fun. There's some tricky bits that I didn't pull off, which is standard for me. And I'm not a big fan of hi-hat sections that fast, but they're not too long, so I can deal with it. Got 4 stars.

Second was guitar, which I found really fun, just for the main riff. It's not all that complicated, and I'm sure anyone in practice should handle the chord changes pretty well. Then there's a lovely final solo that'll put your strumming hand to the test. I only got 4 stars, since I'm way out of shape on guitar.

Next bass. Very cool. No dull strumming to the beat for the whole song, which'll automatically put it above a good chunk of bass lines. The rhythm during the guitar solo is pretty fun. I got 4 stars again. Could probably pull off 5 the next time.

Finally, vocals. Having watched/listened to the afore-linked YouTube video several dozen times over the past year and a half, I know the lyrics pretty well. Managed to swing a 32-phrase streak to start, then missed a few at the end when it gets funky. Got 5 stars on Expert, which is pretty decent, since I'm usually on Medium vox.

It was an easy pickup for me, and I'm glad it's as fun as I'd hoped. :headbang:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117163

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC announcement arriving on the week of 1/27. We're busting out our second Grateful Dead pack, bringing you six more tracks from one of the jammin'est bands around. Seriously groovy stuff. The Grateful Dead Pack 02 will contain the following tracks:

"Hell In a Bucket"

"Don't Ease Me In"

"Cold Rain & Snow"

"Doin' That Rag"

"Fire On the Mountain"

"Uncle John's Band"

All tracks are original master recordings.

These tracks will be available on Xbox 360 in the Xbox Live Marketplace on January 27th, and they will be up on the Playstation 3 in the Playstation Store on Thursday January 29th. We'll have more information on upcoming Wii DLC posted shortly, so keep posted to this thread for more info.

These classic Dead tracks will run $1.99 (aka 160 Microsoft Points) a piece, or $9.99 (aka 800 Microsoft points) for the full Grateful Dead 6 pack.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119004

Here's the DLC announcement arriving on the week of 2/3. We're busting out a 3 pack of Thin Lizzy anthems from their new live cd, and backing that up with classic singles from The Pretenders and Pat Benatar, as well as two tracks from Nikko!

Here's the full scoop:

Thin Lizzy - "Boys Are Back In Town" (Live)

Thin Lizzy - "Cowboy Song" (Live)

Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak" (Live)

The Pretenders - "Precious"

Pat Benatar - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"

Nikko - "Break My Heart"

Nikko - "Don't Tell Me"

These tracks will be $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece, or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the Thin Lizzy 3 pack, with the exception of the Nikko tracks which will run $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points) each.

You can find these songs in the Xbox Live Marketplace on Tues Feb 3rd, and in the Playstation Store on Thurs Feb 5th.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120564

This week we're releasing a 3 pack from The Fratellis, featuring tracks from their 2006 album Costello Music!

Here's the track listing

The Fratellis - "Creeping Up the Back Stairs"

The Fratellis - "Flathead"

The Fratellis - "Henrietta"

These tracks will be $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece, or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the full 3 pack.

You can find these songs in the Xbox Live Marketplace on Tues Feb 10th, and in the Playstation Store on Thurs Feb 12th.

Here's some Fratellis sampling from the old YouTubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyT193ZJoSI

It's also being reported that the rest of the Chinese Democracy Guns N' Roses album will be released as DLC in a few months.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/06/guns-n-r...rock-band-this/

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122185

This week we’re announcing three new DLC tracks from two bands new to the RB set list. You get one track from Turbonegro, and two from White Zombie. Here’s the songs coming at you next week:

Turbonegro – "Wasted Again"

White Zombie – "More Human Than Human"

White Zombie – "Black Sunshine"

These tracks will be $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece.

You can find these songs in the Xbox Live Marketplace on Tues Feb 17th, and in the Playstation Store on Thurs Feb 19th.

And if you missed it earlier in the week, Snoop Dogg is coming to Rock Band.

Could they have not picked two White Zombie songs that have been on one of these games before?

Oh, they did with More Human. My bad.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123760

We are pleased to announce 8 tracks for next week's DLC offering. We have 5 tracks for the Alt-Country pack, including acts like Neko Case, Steve Earle, Old 97's, Drive By Truckers, and Lucinda Williams. We also have a Jimmy Eat World 3 pack (happy 10th Anniversary of Clarity!)

Tracks-

Drive By Truckers: "3 Dimes Down"

Lucinda Williams: "Can't Let Go"

Neko Case: "People Got a Lot of Nerve"

Old 97s: "Time Bomb" (LIVE)

Steve Earle: "Satellite Radio"

Jimmy Eat World: "Futures"

Jimmy Eat World: "Lucky Denver Mint"

Jimmy Eat World: "Sweetness"

All tracks are masters.

Price

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$8.49 (680 Microsoft Points) for Alt Country Pack

$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for Jimmy Eat World Pack

Release Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 (Xbox) and Thursday, February 26, 2009 (PS3)

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125206

Next week we have the long awaited Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble album Texas Flood available. In addition we have a single from No Doubt - "New".

Tracks:

Texas Flood

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Love Struck Baby”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Pride and Joy”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Texas Flood”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Tell Me”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Rude Mood”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Testify”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Mary Had a Little Lamb”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Dirty Pool”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “I’m Cryin”

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - “Lenny”

No Doubt - “New”

All tracks are masters.

Release Date

March 3rd on Xbox 360, March 5th on PS3.

Price:

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$15.99 (1280 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for LP Texas Flood

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126447

APPLE CORPS LTD., MTV AND HARMONIX ANNOUNCE

“THE BEATLES: ROCK BAND,”

WORLDWIDE RELEASE SET FOR 9/9/09

New York, NY – March 5, 2008 – Apple Corps, Ltd., Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced the 9/9/09 worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band (http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com). The music-based video game, an unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles, will be available simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ home videogame console from Nintendo.

The Beatles: Rock Band will allow fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band’s legendary career. In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.

The Beatles: Rock Band will be offered as standalone software and hardware as well as a limited edition bundle. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers and other current music-based video game peripherals.

Available on 9/9/09:

The Beatles: Rock Band Software - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP

The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP

The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP

Please note: Pricing outside of the US to be announced at a later date.

The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Harrisongs Ltd, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, has agreed to present The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band will be published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band®. Electronic Arts will serve as distribution partner for the game. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, is providing his expertise and serving as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.

Exclusive content created by Apple Corps, MTV Games and Harmonix will be made available to fans over the next few months who participate in a pre-order campaign through major retailers. More details on The Beatles: Rock Band game and pre-order will be revealed in the coming months.

Please visit http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126636

Next week we have four tracks that cover a good bit of territory. We have two more tracks from the Offspring, a Grammy-winning R.E.M. song with "Losing My Religion", and a track from Richard Thompson named one of the top 20 guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone. We will be announcing the Wii DLC for next week later.

Tracks:

The Offspring- “All I Want”

The Offspring- “The Kids Aren't Alright”

R.E.M.- “Losing My Religion”

Richard Thompson- “The Way That It Shows”

All tracks are masters.

Release Dates:

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360®)

Thursday, March 12, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Price:

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track