TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
randomguy

OAO 4/5 Impact Thread

I liked that opening segment. AJ with the "you made a pinky swear" when talking about the title shot, that was great. AJ is really playing that cocky, funny heel great.

They are almost doing too much Mystery Theater type stuff. Look, we don't give a shit about "OMG, who is going to be on the team???" Just announce the damn teams, get everyone out there, and go with it.

There was a moment last night that was hilarious and sad. Know when Christian and Co. were going out to party. They all said they wanted to party like it's 1999. Can you tell Russo is booking?

Eh, Impact was okay. Nothing special. Could do without VKM on my screen ever again. I don't buy Tomko as any sort of threat when he actually has to wrestle. I much prefer him in the non-wrestling role of henchman. The best bit, like most weeks, was the quick Nash segment backstage.

Edit: Oh, Samoa Joe shouting at Kurt Angle was pretty good too. Showing continuity and saying he hates him. At least he remembers he's supposed to hate Angle. Good stuff.

Speaking of the yelling...everyone on TNA yells all the time. With the yelling, 20 things happening at once, Backlund being there for no reason, just totally bizarre. It's sensory overload.

Clearly yelling is the best way to get your point across in TNA land. How else could the wreslters possibly communicate? It makes everthing sound, extra super duper important! Yeah!

Sharkboy for champ! This just in Planet Christian is just as bad as Planet Jarrett y'all know I'm surprised that they didn't give Monty Brown 5 title shots and never let it happen...

All of this yelling brings back sweet memories of the the classic Ren & Stimpy wrestling episode "HEY NOW ITS MY TIME TO YELL I WANT A TITLE SHOT THE BELT IS NICE AND SHINY I WANT IT!"

I like Sharkboy and everything, but him being in the X-Title match just shows the derth of contenders in the X-Division.

I like Sharkboy and everything, but him being in the X-Title match just shows the derth of contenders in the X-Division.

Thats because Petey Williams is still feuding with Robert Roode and for whatever reason Senshi vs THE Austin Starr are fighting for the love of ye olde senile Mr. Bob Backland. Come on the Deep Sea Drop is a wicked awesome move! And ya know that if Sharkboy did win by some freak accident he could have the greatest comedy match of the year against Eric Young!

Oh, I admit if Sharkboy won I'd be pretty happy. (Despite my love for Sabin) Its just his inclusion made me think.

So, at present the X-Division consists of:

Chris Sabin

Jerry Lynn

Alex Shelley

Austin Starr

Senshi

Jay Lethal

Sonjay Dutt

Petey Williams

Sharkboy

Damn that's depressing.

So is Christopher Daniels still in the division or has he moved on to be yet another righteous cult leader beating people up for their own good? I ask cause The new look Fallen Angel has a match with Jerry Lynn at Lockdown. And coming to think of it you could stretch out the division out even futher to include the 3 members of Seretonin and maybe the Naturals if they are still employed. Looking at that list of yours its kind of sad that they are now a bunch of comedy acts with the exceptions of Jerry Lynn and Senshi. Now thats depressing. A bunch of freakin comedians who are forced to work with the old geezer Backland and/or play second banana to Nash's crazy schemes or be used to promote some stupid movie.

Clearly yelling is the best way to get your point across in TNA land. How else could the wreslters possibly communicate? It makes everthing sound, extra super duper important! Yeah!

I think the only reason they yell is that the mics are so shitty.

So is Christopher Daniels still in the division or has he moved on to be yet another righteous cult leader beating people up for their own good? I ask cause The new look Fallen Angel has a match with Jerry Lynn at Lockdown. And coming to think of it you could stretch out the division out even futher to include the 3 members of Seretonin and maybe the Naturals if they are still employed. Looking at that list of yours its kind of sad that they are now a bunch of comedy acts with the exceptions of Jerry Lynn and Senshi. Now thats depressing. A bunch of freakin comedians who are forced to work with the old geezer Backland and/or play second banana to Nash's crazy schemes or be used to promote some stupid movie.

I wasn't too sure about Daniels so I didn't add him to the list for now. I give him maybe a month or two before he's back working the X-Division when they run out of ideas for him. Seretonin and The Naturals could be used in the X-Division but I think TNA are quite content to use them as job boys for the Tag Division. I'd suggest a new influx of talent for the X Division but it's not like they've done anything really with the current crop but turn the maority into walking jokes.

Edit: 1,500th post. It's taken me over 4 years but I got there eventually.

Yeah why bring in real comedy acts from WSXPW, PWG, Rev Pro, Chikara when all TNA is going to do is ruin it with piss poor booking and weak match ups.

This conversation has made me realise just how ass backwards TNA is. Instead of bringing in guys who already have a track record of being able to do the ridiculous/light hearted gimmicks they want, they use guys that have never (to the best of my knowledge) worked in that capacity instead. Bah.

This makes me want Delirious/Jimmy Jacobs brought in all the more.

Psssh, if they need them then they clearly require D.I.F.H on top of that.

I got bored and turned it off after 10 minutes. Oh well.

Starting the thread then on the third post proclaiming you "got bored and turned it off after 10 minutes" really has proven to this board just how cool you are.

Yeah he should have said "I got bored after 10 minutes but dammit I kept watching anyway!" TNA is a lot of things but it's certainly not boring. If anything it's an assault on the senses to the point where it's tough to retain anything you've seen.

cornette-qa.jpg

Only he can explain to us what is going on in the company!

LAX vs Team 3-D in an electric cage match for the NWA Tag Team Titles! Cause they did every other damn street fight for the past year this time they lay their lives on the line.

Christian playing the part of Jeff Jarrett will lead his team against Team Angle who has not one but two mystery partners in TNA's version of WarGames!

Gail Kim vs Jaqueline in the weekend midnight movie of the week catfight! Why do they hate each other who cares!

Drunk Cowboy vs One Eye Southern Boy in a Blind Fold Match! Here's to wishing that Jake Roberts wasn't on crack the week he was planning the match!

Robert Roode vs Petey Williams cause you just can't have one tag team split up feud! Eric Young better bring the funny this match!

Jerry Lynn vs Christopher Daniels why cause they need to be on the show damn it!

....And the rest of the X Division in the monthly #1 Contenders match!

Dayum~

What can I say? I turned it on, I got bored, I turned it off. I literally could not understand a freaking word in the first segment, 6 guys talking at once is too much for me.

Just wait until next month! They all will be involved in a King of the Mountain match but guess who is going to win it, that's right the returning superstar Jeff Jarrett.