TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EMAXSAUN

Sonata Arctica

Any fans of the Finnish Metal band Sonata Arctica? I have personally been into them since 2000, and they have their 5th studio album, Unia, coming out at the end of the May.

Anyone else into them?

Meh. Could be worse. They could be Dragonforce (who my girlfriend made me suffer through yesterday because I made her listen to Send More Paramedics and Municipal Waste).

I am a fan of them. I don't like everything they have done but I do own 3 of the 4 albums that are out right now. When the new comes out I'll have to pick it up. As far as Finish metal goes, I'm more of a LORDI fan. Similar to the sound of Sonata though, I really like Iced Earth, DragonForce, Dream Evil, Nevermore and Nightwish more then them. I would however, love to see Sonata when they come to New York but I will be working when they show up.

I've seen Sonata twice live so far, one time in NYC and one time near my college in Rochester. I am going to try to make the NYC show for sure. Their new album got leaked and it is very interesting but good overall and I will defiantly buy it when it is released.

Decent metal band... I thought they started off really good with Ecliptica and Silence, but tapered off with their last two.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, they're pretty decent. Really popular amongst the small metalhead crowd in South Florida, as is a lot of power metal and Dragonforce for some unknown reason.

Guest Vitamin X

I said South Florida, completely different than the rest of Florida. The main focus on music that's not Latin there is on rap/hip-hop or techno/club/dance. If you're into rock, you usually listen to terrible clearchannel mainstream shit, and if you're into any metal at all, it's likely to be power. Death metal starts from about northern Broward county on upwards.