TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Worst.Cover.Ever

I could take about 5 seconds of the Joy Division cover before I had to quit out of it. The worst so far in this thread.

Shakira's was just lazy, but at least it had the badass guitars.

The worst cover ever Is Britney Spears doing 'Satisfaction.' Every single second of it is rancid.

Guest jonnymack

The worst cover ever Is Britney Spears doing 'Satisfaction.' Every single second of it is rancid.

Agreed.

I don't know if it's considered a cover since it's a movie but good lord don't ever see "Happy Feet" (disclaimer, nieces in town ages 6-10 - no choice) they did covers of Prince's "Kiss", Queen's "Somebody to Love" (AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!) and a bunch of others that were all terrible. Funniest thing was there's on penguin who's singing the refrain from "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash so now these girls are singing "Don't push me, cause I'm close to the edge". High comedy.

I just listened to a whole CD of QUEEN covers. There is nothing on this planet worse than Gavin DeGraw trying to re-imagine and sing "We are the Champions". Not even Joss Stone covering "Under Pressure".

I just listened to a whole CD of QUEEN covers. There is nothing on this planet worse than Gavin DeGraw trying to re-imagine and sing "We are the Champions". Not even Joss Stone covering "Under Pressure".

Why would you reimagine "We Are The Champions"? And who was the brilliant person that thought Joss Stone singing "Under Pressure" was a good idea?

Guest Smues

No thread about the worst covers ever can be complete without mentioning how Madonna just sodomized Don McLean's American Pie. That song almost makes me crash my car just to stop the pain.

Yeah, really, a terrible song and an even worse cover.

While we're on the topic of "Under Pressure", Gerard Way and Bert McCracken's (the singers for My Chemical Romance and The Used respectively) cover of that song is up there on the list of the worst.

OK just heard another contender-

Jennifer Love Hewitt did a cover of "Me and Bobby McGee" and the track was acapella except for the use of bongos.

It was as bad as you would think it would be.

Atleast on the Sunkist site you can mute the song. Wow, that was horrible.

Alright, as a huge Fall Out Boy fan, I will say, that cover sucked.

But...going and listening to the Joy Division song (who before entering this thread, I had never heard of..yea, I listen to pop punk, so what) it was just as shitty.

Everyone always hates on these popular/"MTV" bands, but the shit they listen to, or consider "classics" are just that.

But...going and listening to the Joy Division song (who before entering this thread, I had never heard of..yea, I listen to pop punk, so what) it was just as shitty.

You can't seriously think this, right?

Didn't you see banky's post earlier in the thread? People who like Joy Division are incapable of free will. No one really likes it.

Didn't you see banky's post earlier in the thread? People who like Joy Division are incapable of free will. No one really likes it.

pretty much

IF he's not thinking then... he can't be serious OR LaParkaEsMiPapi likes him some disappointment...

When Wilson Phillips tried their comeback a few years ago, the first single off of their album was a cover of Go Your Own Way. If they'd gone over to Stevie Nicks' place armed with meat cleavers, they could not have butchered Fleetwood Mac any worse.

Love will tear us apart is a good song. Its not Joy Divisions best track (thats Transmition) but its 100% better than Fall Out Boy's dumping of the track.

Everyone always hates on these popular/"MTV" bands, but the shit they listen to, or consider "classics" are just that.

Well, he just took the music folder down a peg

Any music that you, yourself, do not like in any way, shape, or form is shit. Period. If you can respect any aspect of a certain song or even a certain style of music, it's not shit, it's just something you don't care for.

Laz: explaining pointless opinions since...aw fuck this noise.