5 N The Reaping WB $10,080,000 - 2,603 - $3,872 $12,010,000 - 1

6 3 300 WB $8,825,000 -22.8% 2,674 -330 $3,300 $193,880,000 $65 5

7 5 Wild Hogs BV $6,838,000 -21.1% 2,825 -375 $2,420 $145,453,000 - 6

8 6 Shooter Par. $5,800,000 -30.7% 2,353 -453 $2,464 $36,656,000 $61 3

9 4 TMNT WB $4,935,000 -46.5% 2,811 -309 $1,755 $46,722,000 $34 3

10 N Firehouse Dog Fox $4,000,000 - 2,860 - $1,398 $5,257,000 - 1

11 7 Premonition Sony $3,200,000 -38.6% 1,752 -722 $1,826 $44,600,000 $20 4

12 9 Reign Over Me Sony $2,500,000 -34.8% 1,747 +76 $1,431 $17,406,000 $20 3

And if you want more than the top 5 at BoxOfficeMojo, you need to be a premier member.

They should of split the movie into two volumes like Kill Bill :) Grindhouse Vol 1: Machine Gun Leg and Grindhouse Vol 2: Killproof Car

Nah, as Hawk said, Grindhouse was really made for a niche market not to be a huge box office success.

Thought it'd do better than the Ice Cube family comedy sequel though.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

I wonder why they didn't release Grindhouse on Fri. the 13th. I bet it would have taken in a better opening weekend total.

The Grindhouse numbers have to be considered a disappointment. It was basically universally praised by critics, had the Tarantino name behind it and a cool idea working in it's favour and it was still stomped. It cost $55 million to make and I can't see them recovering that in domestic ticket sales. Looks like DVD will have to save this movie.

And if you want more than the top 5 at BoxOfficeMojo, you need to be a premier member.

No, if you want more then the top 5 WEEKLY numbers you need to be a premiere member. Not the weekend.

I mentioned that one of the factors on Grindhouse is that its 3 hours and 20 minutes long, which cuts the # of showings down a lot.

And yeah..they probably should have moved it back a week to next weekend instead of Easter Weekend..

I'm with Hawk, to anyone seeing the previews it looked incredibly cheesy and if you didn't intend to see it before then they weren't changing your mind. It's a very niche movie and while I think the totals still stink, at least it beat that god awful THE REAPING. I'm more interested in how Grindhouse holds up in week 2 than I am opening weekend.

I still think it's going to be horrible on DVD. It'll lose the whole feel that is needed for it to be enjoyable.

It cost $55 million to make and I can't see them recovering that in domestic ticket sales. Looks like DVD will have to save this movie.

DVD is where the lionshare of the studios money is made anyway and it will also probably play well abroad.

I'm with Hawk, to anyone seeing the previews it looked incredibly cheesy and if you didn't intend to see it before then they weren't changing your mind. It's a very niche movie and while I think the totals still stink, at least it beat that god awful THE REAPING. I'm more interested in how Grindhouse holds up in week 2 than I am opening weekend.

I still think it's going to be horrible on DVD. It'll lose the whole feel that is needed for it to be enjoyable.

Id buy it if they put any one of the fake trailer movies (as a whole movie) on a 2nd disc as a bonus. Not sure if thats possible or not.

Wow, I'm glad I saw it on opening night with a raucous crowd. (line to the end of the block) Seeing it with an empty thatrre, or on DVD would be kind of a drag. Of course Seattle theatres are kinda different. The one cheap movie place (the Crest). I remember there was a two-block line to see the 5th Element.

I actually think Grindhouse will play much better at home on DVD. Let's face it, sitting through 2 movies over 3+ hours is a grueling cinema trip. At home you can put on one disc with Planet Terror and watch it, enjoy at leisure. Then later in the day put on Death Proof. Put the fake trailers in as extras. I'd advise at least having a group of people over to watch it though.

Still, those numbers are disappointing. Why release it on Easter weekend? Next week is Friday the 13th, so why not open it then? Did they think Pathfinder would score the R rated audience?

This probably won't be a big deal for Rodriguez, since he has Sin City 2 to worry about and that should be maybe a bigger hit that the first one if done right. But Tarantino? I have to wonder if he's running out of fresh ideas and is content with recycling 70s genre flicks.

I actually think Grindhouse will play much better at home on DVD. Let's face it, sitting through 2 movies over 3+ hours is a grueling cinema trip. At home you can put on one disc with Planet Terror and watch it, enjoy at leisure. Then later in the day put on Death Proof. Put the fake trailers in as extras. I'd advise at least having a group of people over to watch it though.

Still, those numbers are disappointing. Why release it on Easter weekend? Next week is Friday the 13th, so why not open it then? Did they think Pathfinder would score the R rated audience?

This probably won't be a big deal for Rodriguez, since he has Sin City 2 to worry about and that should be maybe a bigger hit that the first one if done right. But Tarantino? I have to wonder if he's running out of fresh ideas and is content with recycling 70s genre flicks.

Pathfinder has actually been in the can for over a year now, Fox is finally dumping it next weekend to at least reap some money off of it, and to fulfill obligations.

Tarantino to me seems the type who thinks everything he touches is gold. Don't get me wrong, Reservoir Dogs is a great film, and Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favorites, but everything he's done since has been lackluster. The first Kill Bill is great, but the second one is all dialog, and was a real drag.

what is Grindhouse exactly anyways?

the commercials on TV made it look like a garbage movie with a really lame gag about a woman with a gun on her foot. Had never heard of it before the commercials, and it looked like shit. I'd imagine everyone else felt the same way.

No, if you want more then the top 5 WEEKLY numbers you need to be a premiere member. Not the weekend.

Oh really? I must have clicked on the wrong thing.

I actually watched both Kill Bill movies yesterday since I was in the mood for Tarantino after seeing Grindhouse. The first Kill Bill is insane, a kinetic kick to the nuts for 111m. The 2nd movie is something that can't help but disappoint on its initial viewing. Whatever anyone was expecting out of that 2nd movie wasn't really what was delivered. This was my 3rd time seeing it and I finally warmed up to it.

Grindhouse will find more of an audience on DVD.

I expected Grindhouse to royally tank over the Easter weekend, no surprise. Should be an awesome DVD, though. Plus a lot of the target audience either downloads the films or gets the DVD, it'll be fine.

(And before you go all "IT DIDNT TANK, LEARN WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN"...the studio has already publicly expressed its disappointment in the opening weekend, expecting at least 20 million. I love a jab to moviegoers on moviefone.com, Winestein (however it's spelled) is all "They tried to re-educate the audience on this type of movie. It takes a while for them (the audience) to learn.)

Personally loved the movies.

the Ice Cube movie was retard fare.

Corrected. Seriously, "ARE WE DONE YET", what the fuck does that mean? It's Ice Cube doing the same fucking thing with poorly-animated CGI animal faces. Anyone who sees this movie should be robbed by a mugger in the manner of Bruce Wayne's parents after exiting the theatre. Stop encourading studios to put this shit out.

Maybe the studio is thinking they can stretch this franchise out like the Nutty Professor.....I'm expecting a spinoff that is direct to video that is all about the kids.

Yeah, but Nutty Professor was entertaining, to a degree, and had the raunchy Klump family, which is at least a NEW IDEA, to build a sequel around. Did they deserve a 2nd movie? Probably not, but at least there were some funny jokes around it that everyone got, so what the hell. Ice Cube impresses girl and kids make stupid faces. Hey, let's do it again!

The fact that Ice Cube makes family movies really blows my fucking mind. Really. It does.

More than one of the guys who wrote "Cop Killer" being a regular cast member on Law & Order?