TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The road to the Stanley Cup begins.

Neither is Anaheim.

3-1 after tonight for the Ducks isn't championship hockey? It doesn't matter how you win, it's that you win. The only pick that I have dead to rights wrong was the Stars over Canucks. I'll take that any day. Tampa's only up by a game guys, and their goaltending is not very good. They could lose control of that series in a hurry.

The refs have been just horrific in this Ducks vs Wild hockey game! Three horrible calls and the worst was the goal that was just waived off. Just crap! Wild are winning so its not gonna cost us but wow some bad calls.

Partyin' like its 1999.

Absolutley horrible on that no goal.

King:

Anaheim doesn't seem convincing as a threat, and really should have manhandled them throughout the series.

What the fuck was that!!! Real classy team those Ducks are! What a bunch of pussies. Thornton is a fuckin idiot and May is just a sucker punching pussy. Good luck in the playoffs. Boggard is gonna kick someones ass!

Partyin' like its 1999.

Absolutley horrible on that no goal.

King:

Anaheim doesn't seem convincing as a threat, and really should have manhandled them throughout the series.

The Wild are the best defensive team in the league, and statistically they allow the least goals of anyone in the league. They have a great powerplay and the 2nd best penalty kill in the league. Nobody manhandles teams that are that good. Not to mention that Giguere has only played this game, after Bryzgalov got pulled. I've seen the Wild play in person, and you just don't score goals against them. They are so well coached.

Guest Queen Leelee
Well Buffalo isn't playing championship hockey.

What.

They were the best team in the regular season.

They've far outplayed the Islanders in 2 of 3 games, and were slightly unfortunate to lose the competitive one.

You'll regret those words. Oh yes, you will.

Well Buffalo isn't playing championship hockey.

What.

They were the best team in the regular season.

They've far outplayed the Islanders in 2 of 3 games, and were slightly unfortunate to lose the competitive one.

You'll regret those words. Oh yes, you will.

Oh how many times it is stressed that the regular season means squat in the playoffs.

Game 1: Outplayed them.

Game 2 & 3: Lazy and lucky to win one of the games. Miller bailed the team out on game two and game three.

Buffalo needs to play like the best team in the league, not just some average club.

I'd even make the case (although I'll look more into this) that Buffalo's play is not poor, but that they need more even strength goals. Goals primarily by defencemen don't neccesarily mean poor play by forwards, but I think that' s being a little overlooked since Buffalo was expected to win 20-1 each game.

Edit: Well, they have outshot Long Island in all 3. Their PP is an impressive 4-16. Forwards couuuuuuuuuuuld have more goals, but 35 shots? A lot of that should be attributed to Dipietro (and Dubie to some degree). Baron's claim holds water, but, civil-war style, I'm with Leena.

Double edit: IGINLA! 3-2 Flames!

So if I get Game 5 tickets in Anaheim, I hope there is goalie fight. I fell asleep during the first two periods. I think this will be the last time we'll see Brzgalov during the playoffs.

During the Wild's last goal, there was a Wild player laid out on the ice. He got up but they never showed what happened.

Anyway, Calgary is leading so far as I type so no teams are sweeping in the first round.

Aren't the Rangers up 3-0? and all but killed Atlanta today.

As for the Red Wings game, they need to take less penalites since 4 out of 5 calgary goals have been on the powerplay this series.

And please bench Samuellsson or Lang and play Jiri Hudler, he is so much faster, younger, and better.

During the Wild's last goal, there was a Wild player laid out on the ice. He got up but they never showed what happened.

Brad May sucker punched Kim Johnsson.

Very frustrating game tonight, and being there live made it even worse. The Wings better take this as a wake-up call and bury the Flames on Thursday. Of course, since the Flames are at home, I'm not holding my breath.

And please bench Samuellsson or Lang and play Jiri Hudler, he is so much faster, younger, and better.

I agree 100 percent. Lang has been shit for a while and it's really starting to piss me off.

I was watching the Rangers game last night and came to the realization that Atlanta is a hell of a dirty team. I've known that for a while, but it came out in full force last night. Oh no they are getting crushed, no reason to get chippy the way they did. Didn't they learn from the end of Game 2 that Avery and the other Rangers weren't going to be suckered into taking a stupid fighting penalty. I will trade off Avery of Kovalchuck(sp?) in every game. Also, the Ragners, though 3 games have really done a great time shutting down Hossa's line.

Guest Queen Leelee

Sabres take the ice again tonight!

My prediction: 5-3 Buffalo.

The Sabres start out slow again thinking they have this series wrapped up, probably that wimp Kotalik does something pussy... then, Dani Briere gets viciously attacked many times, and we get 2 PPG's through that. And then Pommy finally makes his mark in this series with 2 goals. Championship Hockey.

Sabres take the ice again tonight!

My prediction: 5-3 Buffalo.

The Sabres start out slow again thinking they have this series wrapped up, probably that wimp Kotalik does something pussy... then, Dani Briere gets viciously attacked many times, and we get 2 PPG's through that. And then Pommy finally makes his mark in this series with 2 goals. Championship Hockey.

What do have against Briere?

Prediction tonight:

Buffalo 5-0 in an absolute domination, but three of the goals will be on the PP and also scored by D-Men. Islanders will get 16 shots on net, not testing Miller.

i wouldnt bench lang, he's the kinda guy who can come up in times of need. maybe samulesson?

Either of them would be fine, but lately Lang has had some unbelievable chances that he should have buried and didn't. Hudler had points in his first two games so you might as well use someone who's actually producing. I also don't like Bertuzzi being on the fourth line, as that line was working just fine until he was put on it. It was only one game, but if that line goes cold, Bertuzzi should be taken off it.

...and the Rangers are the first team to move on to the next round in a hard fought game. Exciting from the drop of the puck. I always love the hand shakes at the end. It's classy.

Guest Queen Leelee

Awesome goal by Pommy to clinch the win! That's hardworking hockey. Championship Hockey.

As if the goal taken away (and it was a goal, that whistle went 3 seconds after the puck was in) wasn't sure enough, Pominville's goal ten seconds later locks this up for Buffalo tonight.

Edit: Gord Miller just referenced Pominville's series winner over the Sens last year. Awful. I'm still having nightmares over how that occured, and I'm not a Sens fan. That was straight out of a video game.

Guest Queen Leelee

Heh, memories of the NHLPA '93 cheese goal by Pominville. Yes, they're good. Scary good.