TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 4/9/2007

The first Raw after WrestleMania saw Shawn Michaels eliminate his partner John Cena in a Tag Team Battle Royal, The Hardys crowned new World Tag Team Champions and ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley continue his dominance against all who dare to face him in the ring. Also last week, third-generation Superstar Randy Orton confronted Shawn Michaels backstage. Later in the night, it was announced that on the next Raw, Orton will face Michaels for a chance to compete for the WWE Championship. A match featuring The Legend Killer and The Showstopper in the same ring will no doubt be thrilling for WWE fans; who will prevail?

Fan favorite Mick Foley announced that on Raw next week, he will continue his charity work by making a special Make-A-Wish announcement. WWE Superstars pride themselves in reaching out to help their communities and inspire WWE fans with what they do in the ring, as well as what they do for their fellow man. What will the Hardcore Legend’s announcement reveal?

Find out this and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network!

Orton vs. HBK with an Edge run in for a no decision. Hey, I'd take that setting up a 4 way over the other logical conclusion that Orton wins to face Cena at Backlash.

Orton vs. HBK with an Edge run in for a no decision. Hey, I'd take that setting up a 4 way over the other logical conclusion that Orton wins to face Cena at Backlash.

I think that they may do a rematch at backlash between cena and hbk

Fatal Four Way?

I don't want to see Cena OVERCOME THE ODDS again.

Or have him drop without getting pinned only to beat the transitional champ again.

But look at it this way: Cena can't be champ FOREVER...

Right?

Guest jonnymack

You would think that at some point Cena has to drop the belt but after Mania Cena might be the champ for another 10 years. Think about it, he's made HHH AND HBK tap at WM, who's left to really challenge and beat him?

I honestly wonder if it is going to be a yearly ritual from here on that the MITB winner beats Cena for the belt and then just jobs it right back a month later.

Guest Queen Leelee

How does Orton logically keep returning to title contention? He's 1 for 14324 in such important situations.

How does Orton logically keep returning to title contention? He's 1 for 14324 in such important situations.

He annoys the guys above him and they just humor him with a match. That's all I have ever been able to figure out from the logic standpoint. Plus he does have the WWE equal of a Nascar past champions provisional that keeps getting him back into the mix.

Seriously? In this case they likely just want a guy there to eat a pin at Backlash if it's a one fall match. That and there really isn't much depth to the main event scene on Raw.

Have fun, bob. Maybe chime in with your thoughts on the latest 'The Office' sometime this month as well - the thread is just a hollow shell of opinions without your input.

Will we see the dream match that is Cade and Murdoch vs. The Hardys tonight? Maybe a continuation of Hardys vs MNM (the new M being Miz of course)? Hardys vs WGTT would be nice sometime.

I honestly wonder if it is going to be a yearly ritual from here on that the MITB winner beats Cena for the belt and then just jobs it right back a month later.

I dont think its gonna be a ritual, but I know that Cena must really hate the MITB match seeing as how the winners take his title

I don't think I'm in camera range- I got the $30 seats.

Pissed me off- when they went on sale, they said the $40 seats were grabbed up, so I settled for $30 and I think that turned out to be a momentary glitch on Ticketmaster's part.

I will be wearing my CM Punk shirt though

Well, Edge running in wouldn't explain why he gets to be in the match (logically they'd just have a rematch with him banned from ringside) but more importantly, they did almost the exact same booking with Flair and Carlito not a month ago.

How long has it been since the 'double pin off a back superplex' spot. That was HHH vs. Angle, right? 1999... well, it's past it's 7 year cycle, maybe they'll go with that and have Edge weasel his way in somehow.

I always thought that a great side angle would've been where Eric Bischoff continues to make little returns, and as the weeks go by Coach gets closer and closer to him. When Vince and Bischoff were coming around, it always looked like Coach looked up to Bishoff more to McMahon. I'm not sure what you could've done with that, or where it could've led to, but I always thought that something was there to produce some entertaining TV.

How long has it been since the 'double pin off a back superplex' spot. That was HHH vs. Angle, right? 1999... well, it's past it's 7 year cycle, maybe they'll go with that and have Edge weasel his way in somehow.

Didn't Edge/Benoit do the double pin finish in that triple threat match that took the title off HHH back in 2004? Of course, a brilliant way to add to his title reign count.

Shawn/HHH did the double pin on the last Raw of 2003 as well, I believe.

Also added to the card:

-Shane McMahon promises to "make an impact."

I hope he doesn't spoil TNA Impact for this week and blurt out Kurt Angle's 5th man for Lockdown.

So will Mister Kennedy, Kennedy get in line for the right to beat up Superman Cena, too? And how many times are they going to preview the new Stone Cold movie? What?