TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Danville_Wrestling

Imus Remarks

That was my point. Sure, there is PLENTY of positive hip hop out there to listen to, if you so choose, and if you go look for it.

But turn on a Top 40 hiphop / RnB station, and you're not very likely to hear it, or at least not very much of it.

rutgerstq7.jpg

Because a whole lotta bitches talkin shit

In fairness to Imus, not too many white women or hispanic women wear their hair like the second one from the right.

Doesn't make the comment right, but still.

But still what? I don't think I am gathering the point here.

Another aspect of the fake outrage that interests me with this whole ordeal. The outrage didn't just pile up right away, it slowly gained momentum and seemed contrived to me. When Rush Limbaugh made his comments about Donovan McNabb a few years ago, the outrage was instant. Ditto when Tim Hardaway said that he would never accept a gay teammate. The women's tournament ended a week ago and we're only now supposed to be offended? Yes, what Imus said was stupid, but it would seem to me the outrage should have been instant for it to mean anything. It's like the Simpsons episode when someone calls Homer slow and by the time he figures out what to be pissed off about the party was long since over.

The university had initially released a statement condemning Imus's words, but the team captain Essence Carson explained the press conference by saying, "At first we thought to let it slide, but when we read the transcript, we decided it was unacceptable." Carson added, "He's a broadcaster that gets his show across to so many people. Can you imagine how many people thought, 'Maybe there is some truth to this'?"

Read: We realized how much money we can get out of this old bastard.

But here's what bugs me the most:

Another player, Heather Zurich, said, "All of our accomplishments were lost. Our moment was taken away. We were stripped of this moment by the degrading comments made by Mr. Imus."

Saying they were thrust into this by no fault of their own isn't entirely accurate. They could have easily either A) Not shown up for the press conference, or B) Stood up to Imus at the press conference and said "You can't take this moment away from us with your idiotic comments because we're stronger than that." Instead, they were "scarred for life."

The university had initially released a statement condemning Imus's words, but the team captain Essence Carson explained the press conference by saying, "At first we thought to let it slide, but when we read the transcript, we decided it was unacceptable." Carson added, "He's a broadcaster that gets his show across to so many people. Can you imagine how many people thought, 'Maybe there is some truth to this'?"

Read: We realized how much money we can get out of this old bastard.

But here's what bugs me the most:

Another player, Heather Zurich, said, "All of our accomplishments were lost. Our moment was taken away. We were stripped of this moment by the degrading comments made by Mr. Imus."

Saying they were thrust into this by no fault of their own isn't entirely accurate. They could have easily either A) Not shown up for the press conference, or B) Stood up to Imus at the press conference and said "You can't take this moment away from us with your idiotic comments because we're stronger than that." Instead, they were "scarred for life."

A: What money? What are you even talking about? How will they get any money out of this situation.

B: Um, it did strip away their moment. Honestly now, if someone mentions the Rutgers Womens Basketball team, how many people are going to first think of their improbable run in the NCAA tourny all the way to the championship game? How many will think of Don Imus and nappy headed hos. His comment started to strip it away, the attention that it got completely ripped it away. They weren't the ones to complain at first. The comments were heard, and a stir started. As it gained more and more attention, they finally held a press conference a WEEK later.

It is entirely accurate. Imus gets most of the blame because he made the comment, the people acting like he drug a black baby from the back of his truck get a some blame for making sure you couldn't take two steps without hearing this story. All these girls did was play basketball and next thing you know, through NO actions of their own they were being called nappy headed hos a MILLION times in newspapers and news cast across the country.

You are honestly going to rip on them for eventually making a statement?

A: What money? What are you even talking about? How will they get any money out of this situation.

People are suggesting that he should contribute some money to Rutgers basketball, not to mention the recruitment that's going on. But really, that's not the point.

B: Um, it did strip away their moment. Honestly now, if someone mentions the Rutgers Womens Basketball team, how many people are going to first think of their improbable run in the NCAA tourny all the way to the championship game? How many will think of Don Imus and nappy headed hos. His comment started to strip it away, the attention that it got completely ripped it away. They weren't the ones to complain at first. The comments were heard, and a stir started. As it gained more and more attention, they finally held a press conference a WEEK later.

You're making my point. I didn't see the stir that you're talking about. In fact, I think this story was actually starting to die down until they called a press conference. Now you can't turn on a television or listen to a radio station without hearing about this story. Ignore him like the dolt that he is and it all goes away. If they were really so devastated by the comments, they would've come out with this days ago.

It is entirely accurate. Imus gets most of the blame because he made the comment, the people acting like he drug a black baby from the back of his truck get a some blame for making sure you couldn't take two steps without hearing this story. All these girls did was play basketball and next thing you know, through NO actions of their own they were being called nappy headed hos a MILLION times in newspapers and news cast across the country.

You are honestly going to rip on them for eventually making a statement?

That was the action that blew this wide open.

I'm just glad his really stupid remark gave me a chance to look at the rather attractive bench players on Rutgers during their miniature press conference on the subject. Some of those girls looked very good and Rip, I'll still remember the run but thats because remembering this other thing would allow that moron to ruin what was one hell of a sports effort.

Him getting suspended for two weeks is a gift and if he comes back and does it again, well I guess he just wants gone.

Yeah, Boon. They gave the conference, what, yesterday or Monday?

This thing was all over the news a few days after he said it and alot of the stories were "still waiting for response from team". Them making a statment came days after it was already blown wide open. he had already aplogized, set up an appearance on Sharptons radio show, appeared on Sharptons radio show and a protest led by Jesse "show me the money" Jackson had already occured before they finally made that statement.

It was already blown wide open.

Yeah, Boon. They gave the conference, what, yesterday or Monday?

This thing was all over the news a few days after he said it and alot of the stories were "still waiting for response from team". Them making a statment came days after it was already blown wide open. he had already aplogized, set up an appearance on Sharptons radio show, appeared on Sharptons radio show and a protest led by Jesse "show me the money" Jackson had already occured before they finally made that statement.

It was already blown wide open.

Imus made the comments on the 4th. The apology and the statement from the presidents of NCAA and Rutgers released on the 6th would have been the end of it. A week after the comments were made the team comes out and they're scarred for life. I just don't buy it. I missed the story being blown wide open, so I'll take your word for it. But to me, that just means the team saw how huge the story was getting and wanted to get in on the ground floor.

Edit: I shouldn't say the team. I should say their coach.

Guest Mos_Def

Fuck a "race card"... has "hip hop" become the new shield for racist white folks?

*whitey says something racist*

*...gets called on it*

*response: huh, huh, well what about 50 Cent, Ma$e, and Young MC??????

How many Blacks are the ultimate gatekeepers and have definitive, final say? Fuck out of here with this "well black people can say this" shit... 3 6 Mafia cant say shit unless somebody white allows them to say it, which makes the condemnation of hip hop amusing. Go after the whites in charge who are making a point of exploiting the culture. You guys got nerve, I'll give you that. Wont even start on the lame in this thread that invoked slavery as a way to SUPPORT Imus. SMH.

Thank god your women are so slutty and love black dick. Keeps us from slappin' the shit out of ya'll on a regular basis.

Imus made the comments on the 4th. The apology and the statement from the presidents of NCAA and Rutgers released on the 6th would have been the end of it. A week after the comments were made the team comes out and they're scarred for life. I just don't buy it. I missed the story being blown wide open, so I'll take your word for it. But to me, that just means the team saw how huge the story was getting and wanted to get in on the ground floor.

Edit: I shouldn't say the team. I should say their coach.

during any 'racial controversy' you can always tell which people harbor a racial dislike, because at the end of the day, they're more upset that they can't be racist without people criticizing than they are about the actual racism!!!

Guest Eagle Man
Thank god your women are so slutty and love black dick. Keeps us from slappin' the shit out of ya'll on a regular basis.

Haha, "slappin' the shit out of ya'll."

I missed the part where I revealed that I'm a racist. It must have been somewhere between calling Imus a fucking idiot and saying the Rutger's team were potential role models. Damn, you caught me anyway!

rutgerstq7.jpg

In fairness to Imus, not too many white women or hispanic women wear their hair like the second one from the right.

Damn, is that the men's or women's team. The two on the far right look like men, and the other three look like drag queens in bad wigs.

Guest Smues
rutgerstq7.jpg

Damn, is that the men's or women's team. The two on the far right look like men, and the other three look like drag queens in bad wigs.

Oh come on, they don't look like men. The only one you can make the case for is the last one on the right, and I'm sure that's just because she's at the back of the photo and if she were sitting up front would look normal.

Fuck a "race card"... has "hip hop" become the new shield for racist white folks?

*whitey says something racist*

*...gets called on it*

*response: huh, huh, well what about 50 Cent, Ma$e, and Young MC??????

How many Blacks are the ultimate gatekeepers and have definitive, final say? Fuck out of here with this "well black people can say this" shit... 3 6 Mafia cant say shit unless somebody white allows them to say it, which makes the condemnation of hip hop amusing. Go after the whites in charge who are making a point of exploiting the culture. You guys got nerve, I'll give you that. Wont even start on the lame in this thread that invoked slavery as a way to SUPPORT Imus. SMH.

Black! You know their dads are hating this.

post-1763-1176327084_thumb.jpg

Guest Queen Leelee

The biggest problem from this crap is that women's basketball is getting attention from this. It's a horrible product. Black, white, asian, albino. Who actually watches this shit outside of a 50 mile radius from Knoxville, Storrs and some east coast schools.

Guest Eagle Man

Recreational racism!

Imus is off MSNBC, so I'm happy, because barring the debut of "Breakfast With Olbermann," this improves the station's schedule a notch.

The biggest problem from this crap is that women's basketball is getting attention from this. It's a horrible product. Black, white, asian, albino. Who actually watches this shit outside of a 50 mile radius from Knoxville, Storrs and some east coast schools.

Go to hell. And kiss my ass on your way down.

Guest rockaustin

I love how Howard Stern says even worse things even before Sirius, yet he gets away with it because Robin is black.

I love Howard, never listen to Imus, but damn, what the hell? The guy apologized, the world shouldn't stop, let him make his paycheck and shut the fuck up! For God's sake, Iran and Korea have nukes and the whole country is worried about this?

No wonder all the other countries thinks we're a joke.

Guest Eagle Man

Where's this whole thing coming from about "THIS is why the world thinks we're a joke!" with respect to political correctness? I thought the world thinks we're a joke because of our conservative tendencies, not our "progressive" ones. Furthermore, who do we really need to impress here?