TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Danville_Wrestling

Imus Remarks

If you have to be shocking and offensive to get an audience then you should be prepared for the consequences. I've always thought people like Rush make their causes look bad. You can get your points across without being a douchebag.

Yeah, but who would fucking listen to that?

Sucks Imus got canned over this. I never listened to the guy at all but I know he's a legend in radio. All over a dumb comment. And didn't he apologise profusly afterwards. That was really the only reprocussions this situation warrented.

Guest Eagle Man

Low, because they're trying to push an XM-Sirius merger past the government, and if Don Imus is part of that, then Jesse is going to be on Capitol Hill faster than you can say "harelipped extorting fuckface," making a stink about how terrible this would be. He's gonna have to lie low until they get that merger approved, and he may just want to retire or die anyway.

Can somebody explain to me why many of the same people that were offended by the comment are the same ones that go out and buy the latest rap CDs where women in general, not just black women (although it's usually implied), are called a lot worse than "nappy-headed hos"? And why do people even still listen to Al Sharpton when he proved years ago that he doesn't know what he's talking about?

Has Bill Crosby commented on this yet? I know that Russel Simmons tried to spin it in the usual rhetoric of "reflection of society" to defend the double standard that is the music industry.

Can somebody explain to me why many of the same people that were offended by the comment are the same ones that go out and buy the latest rap CDs where women in general, not just black women (although it's usually implied), are called a lot worse than "nappy-headed hos"??

No; can you read the thread? Because it's been gone over ad nauseaum.

Can somebody explain to me why many of the same people that were offended by the comment are the same ones that go out and buy the latest rap CDs where women in general, not just black women (although it's usually implied), are called a lot worse than "nappy-headed hos"? And why do people even still listen to Al Sharpton when he proved years ago that he doesn't know what he's talking about?

You know, white young people are the biggest buyers of crappy rap CD's.

Oh and I did read Russell Simmons reponse to it and it was about as idiotic and hypocritical as you would expect.

And Bill Cosby would just blame poor people.

Ok so Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are not the be all end all persons to apologize to but Bill Crosby and Oprah Winphry are the real king and queen of the NAACP! Poor people are not the problem its the media glamorizing the false reality that is promoted in music videos, movies, television and the kids of the suburbs just eat it up. So the next time another crazy old man or a crazy fat lesbian with a daytime talk show says something stupid don't blame them blame the MAN for looking the other way for so many years.

I'm confused....

What do Neil Boortz and Rosie O'Donnell have to do with this...you really did just lose me.

Guest Eagle Man

I think somebody hit razazteca in the head with a hammer in his formative years. Several times.

The fact is things like this get said all the time. Roesy, Sharpton, Jackson and a slew of others have all said something that would offend somebody. It's just ridiculous that no body will stand up to these assholes Sharpton and Jackson. O&A have been brilliant this week in pointing out how fucked up this whole thing is. And Imus has over-whelming support in all the poles and his radiothon is doing as much as 10 times the donations per hour from what it did last year. I'm looking forward to see what Trey and Matt do about this. I hope that black people will one day stand up and tell those two theiving fucks fat Al and ol' mushmouth Jackson that no one ever elected you leader of any body. This is really a sad day in our country and I think that it has furthered the divide between the races.

I blame George Bush for everything and CNN, MSNBC, FOX for turning 24 hour news channels into tabloid television with no substance. Lost and/or confused well that's the whole point this is what happens when freedom of speech runs wild brotha when a person has no idea what they are ranting about...no conscience needed.

Guest Eagle Man

I think somebody should hit razazteca in the head with a hammer and finish the job. (Several times.)

Imus has over-whelming support in all the poles

Chicago's North Side is firmly behind Don Imus!

Guest Eagle Man

Damn sorry 'bout that Macho post

EDIT:

Solidarnosc.gif

We're all pullin' for ya, Don. You have over-whelming support in THIS kielbasa-eater's heart.

Guest Queen Leelee

Is there any chance this could finally start the end of the "shock jock" fad that nearly every radio station does now.

Is there any chance this could finally start the end of the "shock jock" fad that nearly every radio station does now.

In a perfect world it would. Sadly, it's not.

Also, raz has reached new levels of shitty posting in this thread.

Condi Rice just joined the anti-Imus parade :lol:

btw to put some perspective to the $$$ side of the firing, i heard somewhere that the number of sponsors who dropped out was nearing TRIPLE FIGURES (though it wasn't elaborated whether TV or radio or combined).

Guest Eagle Man
Condi Rice just joined the anti-Imus parade

fuck that nappy-headed ho, she's goin' up against the poles now

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Low, because they're trying to push an XM-Sirius merger past the government, and if Don Imus is part of that, then Jesse is going to be on Capitol Hill faster than you can say "harelipped extorting fuckface," making a stink about how terrible this would be. He's gonna have to lie low until they get that merger approved, and he may just want to retire or die anyway.

We also would've accepted "Hymietown"

Guest Eagle Man

I wanted to give him an extra second to pull his dick out of his mistress.

Saw this on another forum. No idea if it's true or not.

Oprah had the Rutgers women's basketball team on, talking about this whole matter. For the next segment, she moved on to the topic of "updating your dance moves' for those who might be rhythmically challenged"... and Oprah said "well, we all know that WHITE GUY that can't dance..."

Guest Eagle Man

So? We do all know a white guy that can't dance. I know me. Who do you know? I also know this guy named Matt who would make those stupid "uh-ooounh! uh-ooounh!" sounds and kind of flinch his arms. He took up smoking and blew cigarette smoke in my face as he said hi. I told him to fuck himself.