TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Buzz

CTDWAT: Indies/Overseas/General

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet, but apparently Big Show is turning down all wrestling offers right now to focus on becoming a professional boxer. He's down to the 440s in terms of weight as well.

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet, but apparently Big Show is turning down all wrestling offers right now to focus on becoming a professional boxer. He's down to the 440s in terms of weight as well.

Butterbean Vs The Big Show- book it now, Don King!

I'd rather see him in MMA personally. I think if he trained and dropped enough weight to gain back some of his lost speed he may do decently for a few fights. Not for a career choice, but for some heavily marketed fights against Butterbean, Brock Lesnar, etc.

Saw ROH PPV the other day caught the main event of Danielson/KENTA/Morishima/McGinesis and loved it. Damn American Dragon kicks all kinds of ass with the use of the elbow strikes and submisions. I noticed that KENTA is the person CM Punk borrowed a few moves from and the ROH champion is the japanese version of Terry Gordy big, fat, killer lariats, and the ever popular BACKDROP DRIVAHHHHHHHHH.....poor poor BJ Whitmer. McGinesis had some nice uppercuts.

Where was this motivation when he was in WWE? Show wrestling at 440 could have done wonders for him conditioning-wise. Hope he keeps it up.

Maybe they wanted to scream THE 500 pound BIG SHOW! alot and figured he couldn't fake that extra 60 pounds.

If they bring back Celebrity Boxing, I'm sure that all but fits Big Show right now.

I didn't want to start a thread but the Billy Boy and Sexy Starr vs Los Apaches angle from AAA might be the best angle anywhere in years. Gran Apache is my wrestler of the year over cena this year and that's no lie.

A local independent promotion is advertising an appearance by The Ultimate Warrior at an unspecified date. It's probably either A. Bullshit (This isn't exactly an established indy promotion- they've done two shows in the year and a half or so they've been around) or B. An autograph signing. Warrior's not crazy enough to have his comeback take place at a no name indy show in Westbrook friggin Maine. But they're advertising it as "The Return of a Wrestling Icon" which implies he's going to do something more than sign autographs.

So yeah, it's probably bullshit.

I didn't want to start a thread but the Billy Boy and Sexy Starr vs Los Apaches angle from AAA might be the best angle anywhere in years. Gran Apache is my wrestler of the year over cena this year and that's no lie.

You actually like that more than the Zorro angle with the evil mask and the manly beard or the whole Main Man Cibernetico vs Ricky Banderas angle?

Yes and yes. Cibernetico sucks but him putting Banderas into the Volcano only for Bandears to come back unscared was bullshit.

Cibernetico and Muerta/Banderas/Mesias do the WWE style promo to near perfection. The matches generally suck cause Kenzo Susuki is involved and is a waste of time etc., etc., etc., but Cibernetico has the stage presence that cannot be ignored. Zorro's "I've been in a dungeon forever" beard sets him apart from everybody else in the company but he is still just tag partner #3 at the moment what a shame. The Apaches vs Billy is basically the only angle that makes sense on tv at the moment but to say thats its the best is just crazy. This just shows that the bookers everywhere need to keep it simple.

I'll watch WWE if I want to see WWE type of matches. Billy Boy/Apaches is awesome because I'm a huge mark for Los Apaches. Plus you have the Alfa dynamic that everyone knows is billy boy but Apache and Super Calo(who has been incredible this year) don't. And you can't forget Baby Marvin.

Zorro unmasked was awesome until they had him join Los Hell Brothers. I wanted him to be a loner that wasn't a rudo but also wasn't a technico. Now he's smiling and kissing babies.

I can't stand Cibernetico. He's just so bland and so over that I can't stand it. VIVA LOS RUDOS.

http://www.scott-hall.us/Images/displayima...um=97&pos=5

Recent pics of Scott Hall from Puerto Rico against Carlito. Looks like he's trimmed down from his autograph appearances last year. Still has a little bit of a gut, but if he's still working on a comeback. He is well on his way to being in shape for it.

http://www.scott-hall.us/Images/displayima...um=97&pos=5

Recent pics of Scott Hall from Puerto Rico against Carlito. Looks like he's trimmed down from his autograph appearances last year. Still has a little bit of a gut, but if he's still working on a comeback. He is well on his way to being in shape for it.

Damn, he looks so much better than that convention picture with that G-Unit sweat shirt.

Am I the only one that wishes CHIKARA would book Hydra -v- Sharkboy?

Your not the only one...that would be awesome. In general, the Order of the Neo Solar Temple is just flat out awesome.

Am I the only one that wishes CHIKARA would book Hydra -v- Sharkboy?

Your not the only one...that would be awesome. In general, the Order of the Neo Solar Temple is just flat out awesome.

I totally agree, there's not a CHIKARA show that goes by that they don't entertain me, same with The Colony. CHIKARA is probably the main reason I'm still liking wrestling at the moment and watch TNA and WWE.

For a little while now I just haven't been too fired up about wrestling. But I watched a Claudio match last night and it has revived my wrestling spirit. It was everything that I like about wrestling right now. It mixed the fun and serious so well. The whole stripper style rip-apart tux was fantastic, throwing out the 'Heeeeeeys' etc was wonderful and then a throughly enjoyable competitive squash over Sterling James Keenan ensued. What's not to love.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty of Claudios work in the past, but it had been a while and it just flicked a switch inside me.

I presume this is taken from the most recent Observer:

Mitsuharu Misawa said on a talk show in Japan on 7/29 that he would be going with Joe Higuchi to ROH in November. Since Higuchi's role is to read the proclamation at the start of championship matches, it seems they are looking to do an authentic title match ceremony for Misawa to defend the GHC title. ROH hasn't announced it, nor has NOAH, but that is more or less the plan where things stand.

Not only is Misawa going to ROH but defending the GHC title as well. He'll probably be facing Nigel McGuinness, as he's the most high profile heavyweight ROH guy who wrestles in NOAH.

I also really love Chikara and have been watching it a lot lately. It's just really fun and easy to watch. Everything about it is good. The characters, the commentary. I have very few complaints when it comes to Chikara.

I presume this is taken from the most recent Observer:

Mitsuharu Misawa said on a talk show in Japan on 7/29 that he would be going with Joe Higuchi to ROH in November. Since Higuchi's role is to read the proclamation at the start of championship matches, it seems they are looking to do an authentic title match ceremony for Misawa to defend the GHC title. ROH hasn't announced it, nor has NOAH, but that is more or less the plan where things stand.

Not only is Misawa going to ROH but defending the GHC title as well. He'll probably be facing Nigel McGuinness, as he's the most high profile heavyweight ROH guy who wrestles in NOAH.

I really hope it's in NYC. I'd love to be there.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but has anyone seen Tanahashi's horrible performances on Ninja Warrior/Sasuke? He's been on there twice--the last time with the IWGP title--and look clumsy and horrible the whole 10 seconds or so he lasted. I can see the first time, but why would New Japan let their current champion do something that would make him look so bad? I know it's just a game show but still... it was almost sad.

What ROH event had the match of Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels vs Steve Corino vs CM Punk? And did Corino ever feud with CM Punk in ROH or the indies?

What ROH event had the match of Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels vs Steve Corino vs CM Punk? And did Corino ever feud with CM Punk in ROH or the indies?

That would be Main Event Spectacles, all-around great show with A.J. Styles vs. Bryan Danielson and the first Scramble Cage. Can't help you on the other question

I believe they were set to have a rivalry that was beginning out of their short lived tag team where they'd constantly try to out do each other, but It's been awhile since I watched the older dvds so I could be wrong.

I remember promos with Punk and Corino which kinda centered around Punk forgetting which ear it was Corino's hearing is impaired in. And then, I think they were meant to team against Joe and Lethal on the show where Stevie Richards showed up (Back To Basics?), but Corino was replaced with Spanky. Punk cut a promo thinly vieled at Corino. Whether it was a shoot or a worked shoot or not, who knows, it is ROH after all. But that might have been the possible beginnings of something

while i do think this warrants a thread, i'll put this in here anyway, since i havent seen it anywhere else

With American Dragon injured, he was pulled out of the tournament to crown a new NWA champ.

Adam Pearce defeated Brent Albright last night in Bayamon, Puerto Rico to become the champion.

I think Danielson was the special guest referee.

So what are the plans for the NWA World Title now? Stay in Puerto Rico and defend it there until Danielson gets healthy or go to Houston to be on its televised program that is suppose to be going national soon or tour the high schools and civic centers of America heeling it up beating up the local heroes?