TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Buzz

CTDWAT: Indies/Overseas/General

Guest cobainwasmurdered

That would be cool.

I also want to thank you for your awesome puro sites, They're what got me into puro.

Who are the psycho clowns in AAA? One of them seems familar for some reason.

Is anyone else hopeful Bischoff WILL start a new wrestling promotion?

I know he bombed out at the end of WCW, but 96-98 was a tremendous period (profit and quality) for the company. And honestly, Bischoff strikes me as the sort who could take on Vince McMahon and win. He has that ruthless aggression, the drive to win. And it'd be a good period for the industry if the WWE had competition. They get a little complacent for my liking.

And re: the talent issue, form an alliance with ROH. They're struggling a bit it seems.

Has there been a recent rumor that Bischoff could start his own promotion? I remember there was talk back a few years ago but I think he has shifted his focus towards Hollywood these days. If it were to happen, I would imagine the promotion's roster would look like the XWF's did back in '02 and I would expect the promotion to have a similar life-span.

Is anyone else hopeful Bischoff WILL start a new wrestling promotion?

I know he bombed out at the end of WCW, but 96-98 was a tremendous period (profit and quality) for the company. And honestly, Bischoff strikes me as the sort who could take on Vince McMahon and win. He has that ruthless aggression, the drive to win. And it'd be a good period for the industry if the WWE had competition. They get a little complacent for my liking.

And re: the talent issue, form an alliance with ROH. They're struggling a bit it seems.

He thought about it, but his big intrests were looking into hollywood and writing. I met him last year and I over heard talking to a lot of the guys in the locker room that he was having a good time staying away from wrestling.

In a real strange turn, the latest WON just posted says the Gedo and Jado, along with Jushin Liger, are now booking New Japan. It also says that Liger was the 'impetus' in removing Riki Choshu from his booking position. I must have missed something at some point, because hearing Gedo and Jado are now helping book New Japan came out of nowhere.

In a real strange turn, the latest WON just posted says the Gedo and Jado, along with Jushin Liger, are now booking New Japan. It also says that Liger was the 'impetus' in removing Riki Choshu from his booking position. I must have missed something at some point, because hearing Gedo and Jado are now helping book New Japan came out of nowhere.

Why was Choshu removed? What happened there in NJ?

Why was Choshu removed? What happened there in NJ?

I don't know why Choshu was removed, but it wasn't too long after he was brought back in that the complaints started, and I think he'd taken a lesser role in the booking some time ago.

The original complaints about Choshu booking might have been the usual grumbling you get when a new booker comes in and the guys lose their pushes to someone else, but he did get knocked for not moving with the times, which is hardly something unique to Choshu. Whatever it was, it looks to have caught up with him.

Courtesy of PWInsider.com

FOOTAGE OF STRANGE JAKE ROBERTS INCIDENT APPEARS ONLINE

by Mike Johnson @ 3:40 PM on 9/14/2008

There was a strange incident on 9/12 involving Jake Roberts working for Firestorm Pro Wrestling in Lakewood, Ohio. The video embedded above features Roberts giving some sort of promo before having a match with local worker JT Lightning. The match doesn't go well at all, leading to Lightning ripping apart Roberts on the mic. The video above features strong language and is edited at times, so we don't know what the full series of events were.

And a follow-up:

UPDATE ON JAKE ROBERTS WEEKEND INCIDENT INCLUDING ROBERTS' STATEMENT IN RESPONSE

by Mike Johnson @ 12:07 PM on 9/15/2008

As we noted over the weekend, there was a strange incident with Jake Roberts, obviously intoxicated, appearing for Firestorm Pro Wrestling in Lakewood, Ohio. The video embedded above features Roberts giving some sort of promo before having a match with local worker JT Lightning. The match doesn't go well at all, leading to Lightning ripping apart Roberts on the mic. The video above features strong language and is edited at times.

Lightning commented on the incident the next day, alleging a number of salacious activities on Robert's part. You can read the entire, uncensored statement by clicking here.

Jake Roberts' assistant, issued the following statement in response to the incident and the video finding it's way online:

Jake was booked at a show this weekend in Cleveland. He went to this show, doing a live interview earlier in the morning for the promotion, that by all reports went very smoothly. His appearance at the show did not.

Before I tell you what I know about what happened to him at the show, and that knowledge is very limited, I was not there, I will tell you this. Jake's behavior would normally be construed as completely unacceptible. I understand from the promoter that he spend endless time wandering back and forth to the bar. Jake took his rehab from the WWE very seriously, and has not done such a thing in months, so this behavior made me really scratch my head as to the REASON. My sincere apologies go out to JC, the over the top kind natured promoter who did nothing to deserve this, and has been nothing but kind to Jake, and by association, myself as well. My sincere apologies to the fine fans of Cleveland, you did not deserve this at all.

That for this, again. Jake was given an open container of what he was told was a cold drink. That happened when he got to the venue. He remembers nothing between that time, and the time he woke up the next morning in the motel, alone, beaten, injured. I had a really fun time getting him back on the same page, by phone, to just get him to the airport to try to get back home. It was a constant string of conversation just to get him to MOVE. This is not how he behaves ever. On his worst days, Jake has always had total recall.

Jake was drugged. He has been home since Saturday afternoon about 4:30PM and up until last night about 8:30PM, had not eaten or slept. His standard answer for everything the last two days has been "I don't know."

That is the other side of the story, folks, believe it or not, it is certainly your choice. I'm dealing with the guy they sent home, and folks, it is frightening to both me, and to him, and really not much fun. To the guy's that did this, and I say this often when confronted with sub-human behavior, something I see far too often I'm sorry to say, God's a funny guy. You'll get yours, I have no doubt at all.

Thank you for reading.

Shannon, Jake's assistant

Team Snake

Anyone have any clue who the valet for Hart Foundation 2.0 is in AAA? It's bugging me a little bit not being able to figure out who she is.

I don't know if I missed it posted in another thread, but Muta is now both the Triple Crown and IWGP champion.

Anyone have any clue who the valet for Hart Foundation 2.0 is in AAA? It's bugging me a little bit not being able to figure out who she is.

All I've heard them say is Nikki......I think she is just Teddy Hart's real life gf who he is bringing into the business as his manager from what I know.

Sandman has announced his retirement according to several wrestling sites. He'll finish out any dates booked or any dates booked for him within the next few weeks I guess.

Wow that really sucks. I've always enjoyed watching the Sandman, and he was also great to work with.

Man am I uppset...I just saw a commercial for a show by the local NWA affliate with Koko B. Ware and La Parka on the card and I CAN'T GO! This promotion also has a legit 7 footer with a pharoh gimmick on the roster. I expect him to be snapped up by 'E in the near future.

This promotion also has a legit 7 footer with a pharoh gimmick on the roster. I expect him to be snapped up by 'E in the near future.

They'll probably have him feud with Khali too.

I've been watching WWC for a few months, as it comes on Saturday afternoons here on WAPA America, and I've tried looking everywhere for this, but what happened to Orlando Colon? I don't see him on these shows after the Aniversario show, and can't find out if he is injured or what. It's interesting that they show Primo and Carlito in these shows from Smackdown as well. My spanish isn't that great, but I haven't heard "Orlando Colon" either. Any news on where he's been?

Sandman has announced his retirement according to several wrestling sites. He'll finish out any dates booked or any dates booked for him within the next few weeks I guess.

I wonder if he'll make the Dec 6 show here that I mentioned in another thread, cuz they laterally just announced it.

Then again I figured he wouldn't be welcome back in my town after his arrest here in Aug.

Prince Nana returned to ROH at last night's show in Danbury, CT.

Happy days are here again.

Too bad Rave isn't still around.

He lost all his riches! He has begged for a job only to get kicked out by security.

Nana trying to a spot back with ROH will give the company much needed comedic relief.