TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Buzz

CTDWAT: Indies/Overseas/General

Yes, it does. The following is at 411mania:

Ring of Honor Announcement

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ring of Honor is announcing that Gabe Sapolsky will be leaving the company effective immediately. Everybody at ROH would like to thank him for his contributions and wish him well in all future endeavors.

Going forward Ring of Honor will be focusing on the stories and the talent in the ring. The company will have no further comments on this issue or a replacement for Mr. Sapolsky. We would like to thank all of the fans and media who have supported us over the years and look forward to bringing you more great wrestling excitement in the future.

And less thread-worthy- there's a new NWA Champion!

The National Wrestling Alliance sent out the following press release:

Mexico City, MX (October 25, 2008) – Centro Banamex Convention Center was a history making site as it hosted the NWA™ Worlds Heavyweight Championship match featuring Adam Pearce Vs. Blue Demon, Jr. In the end, Blue Demon, Jr. won the famous "10 lbs. of Gold" in a very controversial fashion.

"I passed out while Demon had me in a Half Boston Crab and when I woke up I was told that I was under the rope and the Referee had stopped that match. This is clearly against the NWA Rule Book and I will be taking this up with Trobich. Demon, you are not the NWA Worlds Champion," said former champion Adam Pearce.

"I think Pearce has a case. I've reviewed the footage and he is in the right, his arm is under the rope, but in the NWA, the Referee's decision if final," states Ruben Zamora of NWA Latin American Relations.

Blue Demon, Jr. is the first Mexican and Masked Wrestler to ever win the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship in the six decades the National Wrestling Alliance has been in business.

For more information on the NWA please visit nwawrestling.com

The guy that used to post here as Slingshot Suplex too the pic of her with the belt that was blown up to 20x30. He was one of Gateway's officially photogs.

MsChif is a very nice person. And insanely hot (and smart) to boot

Apparently the Super 8 just happened

--ECWA Super 8 tournament from Saturday night in Newark, DE: Chase Del Monte b Scott Reed, Maverick b Loca Vida, Adem Chambers b Frankie Arion, Alex Koslov b Shannon Moore, Aden Chambers b Maverick, Koslov b Chase Del Monte, Chambers b Koslov to win tournament, Magnum won Summit Rumble

Amusing tidbit- I mentioned Koko B. Ware's going to be appearing at an indy show about an hour away from me this weekend. Well, apparently he is sans bird and is looking for one to borrow on craigslist...

Oh how the semi-mighty have fallen

Old news, but Koko's house burned down some time ago, and Frankie was killed. At least, I think I remembered that correctly.

Well yeah, I knew Frankie had died sometime ago. I just assumed he had gotten a new bird. Come on- you've got to find some humor in the dude having to look on Craigslist to borrow a bird! IT'S FUNNY DAMMIT!

Something interesting that has been making the rounds:

MsChif's Day Job

Talk about a woman who can do it all!

Having only just recently gotten into SHIMMER, I must say that's awesome.

Incidentally, I recently ordered Vol. 13-20... So far, I'm up to Vol. 17, and I'm not regretting the investment in the least; are there any particularly noteworthy matches in Vol's. 1-12 that merit ordering those as well?

I'm getting to watch the local NWA affliate's TV show for the first time. Right now, there's a match between a woefully unathletic balding dude who looks to be in his mid to late '20s against a guy with an evil baby gimmick named Baby Huey managed by a Mick Foley impersonator (who doesn't really look all that much like Mick Foley....)

Woah boy---next week, they're doing two shows featuring such titans of the squared circle as Baby Huey, The Scufflin' Hillbillies, and The Giant Pharoh! The Logan Brothers (who?) are headlining.

I'm getting to watch the local NWA affliate's TV show for the first time. Right now, there's a match between a woefully unathletic balding dude who looks to be in his mid to late '20s against a guy with an evil baby gimmick named Baby Huey managed by a Mick Foley impersonator (who doesn't really look all that much like Mick Foley....)

Was it this guy?

http://www.myspace.com/dickfoley

I don't think so. This guy had short hair and a couple years older. Dude on here's name was Cactus.

Now we've got Wiggers Vs Fat Samoans for the tag team titles! It's Falls Count Anywhere baby! Pandemonium in the elementary school gymnaisum!

Oh indy wrestling, how I missed thee!

Highspots has put together an awesome show on December 6 in Charlotte, NC.

Reid Flair & David Flair will be up against The Nasty Boys, who will be managed by Jimmy (the Mouth of the South) Hart. So who’s managing the Flair Boys for Reid’s professional debut? None other than The Nature Boy! Who’s the ref? None other than Hulk Hogan! Richie Steamboat Jr. will also be appearing. And for the first time in 18 years— together in the ring again-- The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express!! All VIP ticket holders are entered into a drawing to party in Charlotte with Ric Flair after the show (limo is washed and waxed and ready to roll)!.

Hogan reffing? Strange.

I'm actually thinking about going to that show.

I wonder if Hogan will be playing heel, since this is on Flair's retirement tour thing that highspots is doing. Although if anyone else is planning on going, I wouldn't get too excited about the RnR vs. Midnight matchup, since Gibson has a history of no-showing his indy bookings.

Edit: It also appears that next year, Flair is taking his retirement tour out of the Carolinas, and into Pittsburgh. So if any TSMers in Pittsburgh are interested, there ya go.

WWE Developmental Talent and ECWA Super 8 winner Steve Bradley found dead at 32

Damn. I was just thinking earlier today about how we hadn't had any young, recently active wrestlers die for a while (well...by pro wrestling standards) and then I find this out...

I remember them hyping this guy up a bit in PWI and WOW in '99ish as one of the WWF's hottest prospects. I remember a lot of people saying he'd be the WWF's answer to RVD. His career kind of fizzled after a while though, especially after ECW went belly up and the WWF actually signed RVD. Dude was stuck in development for a long time, he signed in '98 and stayed till '02 without ever being called up. I saw him wrestle once at a house show shortly before he was released and wondered why he never got called up to the show. He was a hell of a lot better than some of the stiffs WWE brought up over the years.

Apparently, Gerweck is saying Hogan is reffing for free as a favor to Ric Flair. Which is odd considering how Flair has mentioned in his book and various interviews his dislike for Hogan. Looks like that was all WWE based bullshit.

The finish to last night's Nasty Boys-Flair Brothers match. Looks like everybody showed up. Got to love Hogan's sleeveless referee shirt and the fact that he didn't take off the bandana.

Hulk Hogan reportedly flew himself into Charlotte and worked the Highspots show, featuring the debut of Reid Flair for free. Many think that Hogan worked the show as a way to talk business with Flair for a possible Hogan Farewell Tour or new company that he and Bishoff have been discussing. The event saw 1,000 fans attend, with people turned away at the door. [Credit: Pwinsider.com]

PWG needs to step it up with their promotion. They have their biggest show of the year, BOLA, delayed indefinitely, apparently because of time conflicts with the wrestlers, but then end up running it with a reduced lineup anyway.

It was supposed to be in August, and ended up being run on Halloween weekend. Their last show before that was in July. Their next show won't be until January. That's barely 2 shows over 6 months. They can't even give us any updates on the storylines, of which there aren't much. Low Ki won BOLA, and apparently gets a title shot, but no mention of it was made after the show. PWG used to be a source of pride for LA, being a unique and original indy in a country where almost nothing in the West gets much attention. Hopefully they can steer away from aiming at supershows with the same wrestlers you can see anywhere, and get back to using the local talent that made them great.