TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmazingRen

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/13

Mr Kennedy has cred though, he's seen as a smart wrestler. That and.. Taker's gonna need a good heel to go up against if he has an extended reign, right?

[ /fandom ]

the only thing I have against Taker as Heavyweight Champion is he just holds the belt to the ring. Sence Undertaker is all about old school. I would love for him to wear the belt around his waist the way it should be worn. but thats just me. other than that, I'am enjoying every minute with Taker as Champion.

SmackDown was excellent tonight. the Tag Title Match, MVP/Benoit and the main-event were all top-notch. watching SmackDown is like I'am watching an actual sports show because they always seem to put the wrestling above the entertainment stuff. thats the main difference between Raw and SmackDown. watching Raw is like watching a badly acted TV show and watching SmackDown is like watching a actual sporting event. that alone matches SmackDown the #1 brand.

Yeah, SD at least seems to realize when people go to a wrestling show they kinda want to see wrestling. ECW too at least feels for the most part like a wrestling show. Right now Raw somehow has the most angles and the least interesting stuff, if that's possible.

Also, SD has UT with the world title and Benoit with the US title. What is this, champions with actual credibility?

WWE should tape ECW before SD! rather than having ECW air live after the SD! taping. I mean I like ECW but can understand the apathy towards the ecw matches after watching Benoit/MVP, London and Kendrick vs D&D and the ME and then watching the minor leagues. It's like putting on the "Opening act" after the main attraction at a concert.

the only thing I have against Taker as Heavyweight Champion is he just holds the belt to the ring. Sence Undertaker is all about old school. I would love for him to wear the belt around his waist the way it should be worn. but thats just me. other than that, I'am enjoying every minute with Taker as Champion.

I agree that him holding the title (when it's snapped) looks stupid. Actually, what I'd like for him to do is what he did when he had his first (7 day?) reign, when he walked to the ring holding the belt (that was unsnapped) at one end in one hand. Different from other guys, but looks kind of cool (and would be old school, in regards to his character). Actually, I'm bored by guys wearing it around their waste, or what Cena currently does with it. The two coolest ways I saw a belt brought to the ring was by Eddie Guerrero, is his WCW days, when he carried the (cruiserweight?) belt over his back with one hand; it looked like he was a really sleazy guy for some reason, which was his character at the time. The other was Cena going to the ring at ONS 2 when he held it high with both hands when the belt was snapped; it just looked cool.