TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoff

It's pretty fucked up that Hawaii is a state

I mean, look, it's almost the entire width of the continental US away from the mainland; it's tiny, and serves no real purpose (I know sugar, and military...anything else?), and it's just...weird. Very.

Hmm. Intriguing offer.

Seriously, though. Take a look at the world map for a sec:

map.jpg

That ain't right.

Well, Supes, that's another fucked up thing about Hawaii. I mean, do we even want it as a state? Is it good for us? I have severe reservations about this. I say we ditch Hawaii in favor of Cuba. That way we get mad cigars and we won't have to change the flag.

Hawaii has a high intake of American tourists on such a small area. By making Hawaii a state, we can tax the living hell out of it and our citizens to make additional money while avoiding having to sit them all in the bullshit passport line looking like fucking assholes.

Money and energy. Plus, fuck we need somewhere to get our hot tanned half asian babes don't we? That's an import/export we can NEVER dare lose.

Hawaii only became a state because the US stuck a naval base there and it got bombed to hell by Japan. IF the US didn't have Pearl Harbor, they wouldnt have cared if Japan tried to take over Hawaii, and Japan probably wouldnt have bothered anyway.

Hawaii doesn't even get all the great fast food deals (OFFER NOT VALID IN AL & HI)..

They cant even shoot the Pro Bowl in HD due to the large distance.

the big island might as well be part of Japan.

for anyone that's ever wanted to take a trip to Japan, DON'T...just go to Honolulu instead. Less of a hassle, same culture.

IF the US didn't have Pearl Harbor, they wouldnt have cared if Japan tried to take over Hawaii, and Japan probably wouldnt have bothered anyway.

You so crazy, Marvin. Japan would've JUMPED at the chance to control Hawaii during WWII, since it'd make it extremely easy to launch attacks on the US west coast. Japan attacked Midway in order to have a forward Pacific base with which to launch attacks (and control the Pacific Ocean), and we (successfully) defended the islands in order to prevent that. Hawaii is closer than Midway.

OH MY GOD NO PRO BOWLS IN HD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WILL I EVER DO???????????????????

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME..............

Hawaii only became a state because the US stuck a naval base there and it got bombed to hell by Japan. IF the US didn't have Pearl Harbor, they wouldnt have cared if Japan tried to take over Hawaii, and Japan probably wouldnt have bothered anyway.

Hawaii doesn't even get all the great fast food deals (OFFER NOT VALID IN AL & HI)..

What are you talking about, Bama gets fast food deals. I should know, I live there.

Guest Smues

What are you talking about, Bama gets fast food deals. I should know, I live there.

Do you get the deals out of sympathy for living in Alabama?

See, this is what I'm saying. And it doesn't even have to be Cuba, although Inc makes a good point, but the thing is, there are other small islands/territories with so much more to offer. Like, look at New Zealand. How much easier would it be to film all of out medieval fantasy epics if we didn't have to worry about international tariff laws?

Well, we're already stuck with them. I've never known an Old Glory with something other than 50 stars.

But that's the beauty of simultaneously admitting a new state. No need for the change.

Alaska is what keeps Canada in check. It's just a shame it's not on the other side, between it and that pesky England! You KNOW England is always planning some shit.

Guest Queen Leelee

We could conquer Newfoundland or whatever the fuck province wildpegasus lives. I don't think Canada would mind too much. Not that they'd do anything about it anyway.

Greenland/Iceland would be a nice place to exile all our blacks criminals, but we'd be get squashed by all the Magnus ver Magnusson types there.

Guest Eagle Man

Not one of your best outings, Hoff. I mean, you've got the silly premise, and the MS Paint work, and all that, but I'm not feeling it. I think Hawaii should be a state.

You know what? YOU KNOW WHAT? You go live there, if you love it so much. I hate you. I heard Eagle Man was a deadbeat dad, anyway. WHY DO YOU HURT ME?!?

i just wanna be friends

*sniff*