TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

OAO TNA Lockdown 2007 Thread

Card and predictions:

Lethal Lockdown 2007

Person Who Gets The Pin Gets A Title Shot @ Sacrifice

Team Cage (Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, Abyss, AJ Styles, Tomko) .VS. Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Rhino, Sting, Jeff Jarrett)

Winner: Team Cage (AJ Styles)

NWA World Tag Team Championship

Electrified Cage Match

LAX (Homicide y Hernandez) © .VS. Team 3D.

Winnes: Team 3D

TNA X-Division Championship

X-Scape Rules

Chris Sabin © .VS. Jay Lethal .VS. Alex Shelley .VS. Shark Boy .VS. Sonjay Dutt

Winner: Jay Lethal

Christopher Daniels .VS. Jerry Lynn

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Special Guest Ref: Bob Backlund

Senshi .VS. THE Austin Starr

Winner: THE Austin Starr

Gail Kim .VS. Jackie Moore

Winner: Gail Kim

Blindfold Match

Chris Harris .VS. James Storm

Winner: James Storm

Petey Williams .VS. Bobby Roode

Winner: Bobby Roode

Christy Hemme's Team #2 vs. The Voodoo Kin Mafia

Winners: VKM

Russo really has killed the fed if apathy has run this strong.

Russo really has killed the fed if apathy has run this strong.

Let me put it to you this way: a year ago at this time, I was a HUGE TNA fan, and was chomping at the bit for Lockdown. This year I work during the show, and I'm not too disappointed. I'd say I went from red-hot excited about TNA to luke warm.

I can vouch for the same thing actually... a year ago, I couldn't shut up about the fed. Now, I find myself forcing myself to make the threads since other people don't.

The last Impact was good so hopefully TNA can get back on track to making great PPVs and television! That being said I think the people want to see Samoa Joe get his long awaited NWA championship title run.

I stopped caring and watching. Maybe I'll download this.

I'm with the guys further up the thread. From September 2005 to October 2006 I was hugely into TNA. Now, since Russo made his return, I've just become more and more disinterested in the product. I barely even watch Impact these days and only watch the PPV's because we get them for free the following Wednesday.

That said, I am looking forward to the "Lethal Lockdown" and X-Division matches and wonder what the "electric cage" match will be like.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm actually pretty excited about this PPV. I've been done on TNA for most of the Russo tenure (the last show I ordered was Genesis), but I think this show has been built pretty well and I'm definitely ordering.

Notes from Meltz about tonight's show:

--A few notes from tomorrow's TNA Lockdown PPV. The pre-show match will be VKM (Kip & B.G. James) vs. a mystery team. As noted in the newsletter a few weeks back, due to the Missouri State Athletic Commission needing blood work done on all participants on the show, they couldn't get any outsiders. There was talk of using the Bashams, and the original plan was to use two wrestlers from AAA, but they are going to use wrestlers currently in the promotion. About 3,800 tickets have been sold for the show, so it will be the largest attendance for a U.S. TNA event in history.

Notes from Meltz about tonight's show:

--A few notes from tomorrow's TNA Lockdown PPV. The pre-show match will be VKM (Kip & B.G. James) vs. a mystery team. As noted in the newsletter a few weeks back, due to the Missouri State Athletic Commission needing blood work done on all participants on the show, they couldn't get any outsiders. There was talk of using the Bashams, and the original plan was to use two wrestlers from AAA, but they are going to use wrestlers currently in the promotion. About 3,800 tickets have been sold for the show, so it will be the largest attendance for a U.S. TNA event in history.

Seritonin then.

As for the PPV itself, im sort of looking forward to it, Id like to see AJ get the pin in the final match to see the dispute between him and Cage at the end of the show.

X-Scape Rules

Are you high?

It has to be either Jay Lethal or Alex Shelley and Black Machismo has been getting alot of tv time.

Look, i know i said it was funny and all that, but i didnt think he'd be getting the belt. It would be great for Jay Lethal, but not great for the legitmacy of the X division.

I've seen a few FMW electricfied cage matches and those came off really well. Hopefully LAX/Dudleys follow that style.

I like the idea of AJ scoring the pinfall (preferably on Jarrett). A heel - heel feud for one month really would be something different, and AJ winning sets up the title scene for Slammiversary, where hopefully Joe gets the belt.

People seem to think there will be an one on one title match at Slammiversary. Have you guys already forgotten the KOTM gimmick match?

Who thinks that, i thought everyone knew it was the King Of The Mountain match.

Lethal Lockdown 2007

Person Who Gets The Pin Gets A Title Shot @ Sacrifice

Team Cage (Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, Abyss, AJ Styles, Tomko) .VS. Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Rhino, Sting, Jeff Jarrett)

Winner: Team Angle (Jarrett pinning Tomko)

NWA World Tag Team Championship

Electrified Cage Match

LAX (Homicide y Hernandez) © .VS. Team 3D.

Winners: Team 3D

X-Scape Rules

Christopher Daniels .VS. Jerry Lynn

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Special Guest Ref: Bob Backlund

Senshi .VS. THE Austin Starr

Winner: THE Austin Starr, when Backlund nonsensically turns on Senshi.

Gail Kim .VS. Jackie Moore

Winner: Gail Kim

Blindfold Match

Chris Harris .VS. James Storm

Winner: James Storm

Petey Williams .VS. Bobby Roode

Winner: Bobby Roode

Christy Hemme's Team #2 vs. The Voodoo Kin Mafia

Winners: VKM

People seem to think there will be an one on one title match at Slammiversary. Have you guys already forgotten the KOTM gimmick match?

Don't think I said anything about Joe vs. AJ one-on-one at Slammiversary, just that AJ beating Christian at Sacrifice would set the stage: you get Joe in a contender's match, the various guys Christian promised matches, Christian's rematch and champ AJ in the KOTM. When you assume, you make an ass etc. etc.

I like the idea of AJ scoring the pinfall (preferably on Jarrett). A heel - heel feud for one month really would be something different, and AJ winning sets up the title scene for Slammiversary, where hopefully Joe gets the belt.

I will be stunned if Jarrett gets pinned tonight, and I'll be shocked if Jarrett isn't the guy that beats Christian for the TNA title.

I will be stunned if Jarrett gets pinned tonight, and I'll be shocked if Jarrett isn't the guy that beats Christian for the TNA title.

Oh same here. I'm not delusional, I'm just thinking wishfully.

Wait, since the gimmick was first announced, everyone said Jay Lethal will never get the title, now 2 people have said that he will. Backward ass logic isn't it?

Wait, since the gimmick was first announced, everyone said Jay Lethal will never get the title, now 2 people have said that he will. Backward ass logic isn't it?

I don't think it's backwards logic for him to get the title. He's actually being pushed and seems over. I hope this match is the gateway for Sabin and Shelley forming the Motor City Machine Guns in TNA.

I don't it's backwards logic for him to get the title. He's actually being pushed and seems over. I hope this match is the gateway for Sabin and Shelley forming the Motor City Machine Guns in TNA.

No, i dont mean backwards logic from the TNA standpoint, with him being over and pushed it sort of makes sense. I mean from the TSM point of view. I was the only one to say the gimmick was funny and might work.

I don't it's backwards logic for him to get the title. He's actually being pushed and seems over. I hope this match is the gateway for Sabin and Shelley forming the Motor City Machine Guns in TNA.

No, i dont mean backwards logic from the TNA standpoint, with him being over and pushed it sort of makes sense. I mean from the TSM point of view. I was the only one to say the gimmick was funny and might work.

Oh, OK. Gotcha.

Jay Lethal getting the X-Division title doesn't necessarily translate that he's over with the fans or that the gimmick is working. It might be getting some laughs now, but unless that gimmick has legs, and comedy gimmicks like his have a short shelf life, then him getting the title means nothing in regards to him being over.

Jay Lethal getting the X-Division title doesn't necessarily translate that he's over with the fans or that the gimmick is working. It might be getting some laughs now, but unless that gimmick has legs, and comedy gimmicks like his have a short shelf life, then him getting the title means nothing in regards to him being over.

Huh? He's over because the fans are cheering him, rather fervently at that. He might not last, but perhaps they're striking while the iron's hot with the belt. I don't really understand what the point you're trying to make is.

Huh? He's over because the fans are cheering him, rather fervently at that. He might not last, but perhaps they're striking while the iron's hot with the belt. I don't really understand what the point you're trying to make is.

He's somewhat over now, or at least getting a reaction, because of the gimmick, but once the gimmick runs its course, what use is it? TNA have shown no willingness to get the younger X-Division guys over as anything other than comedy figures. That might get a short term buzz, like with 'Black Machismo', but over the long haul it does nothing but make it harder for them to get over on their talent because TNA keeps drumming into the fans heads the idea that the young X-Division guys are comedy figures to be laughed at and not taken seriously.

Oh, I see. That makes sense. Ideally I'd like to see this gimmick get Lethal the title since he's a great worker, then have him transitioned into a serious worker. I'm not holding my breath, but if this gimmick can get him that initial pop, and that be transitioned into something more lasting, that's ideal.

It has to be either Jay Lethal or Alex Shelley and Black Machismo has been getting alot of tv time.

Look, i know i said it was funny and all that, but i didnt think he'd be getting the belt. It would be great for Jay Lethal, but not great for the legitmacy of the X division.

They quit caring when they had Samoa Joe lose the belt on a meaningless Impact in a three way match which Senshi won by some run in or stupid ref did not see the interference bs finish. It think it was the beginning of the Joe vs Steiner buildup actually. Then of course Sabin won the belt on some forgetful PPV or Impact then I think Daniels and AJ probably got token reigns but its back to the revolving door of whose turn is it. I'm thinking that everybody but Dutt and Sharkboy will be given time to run with the belt.

- Bashams are in the building, but their no-compete with WWE has not expired yet and thus they will not be the mystery team for Hemme. June PPV is in Nashville, which you'd think will be the site of the Jeff Jarrett title shot against Christian, so he probably isn't winning tonight. Angle may be the favorite. At press time, the babyfaces have the advantage in the match, which makes utterly no sense, and I expect that to be changed by the time the match rolls around. Tag Title change seems to be a definite as there isn't much time left for Team 3-D to add the NWA Titles to their resume seeing as to how TNA is about to drop the affiliation. Several of the matches, including Senshi vs. Starr and Harris vs. Storm, are classic TNA PPV booking where they take a match that could be good on its own and add some wacky stipulation that they think will sell buys (but won't) and only results in a worse match. Seriously, the first Harris vs. Storm match is a blindfold match INSIDE A STEEL CAGE?

From Alvarez by way of WO.com