TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoff

Interview with Dixie Carter

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560...7170207,00.html

Posted at 411, I thought I'd share it. I think she comes off very well.

The only problem is that if she believes that she really is "competing" with the WWE, she's possibly delusional. Is she in a better position than promotions like ROH? Certainly. But she competes with the WWE only in the most basic sense - that they are both wrestling promotion business. You might as well say that the shrew competes with the shark, since they're both predators.

Her defense of Russo is actually reasonable. The booking committee itself deserves more of the blame than simply one member of it. The basic purpose of a committee is to temper the bad tendencies or ideas that show up, hopefully coming up with something better than one individual could have done. That does not seem to be happening. It's not just Russo that's screwing things up, if any of the most egregious offenses were his brainchildren, it's the whole booking committee not doing its job. Mantell is a problem too. I'm surprised that Jarrett, Raven, and Cornette, all of whom I would have thought understood the business better, and who are also supposedly part of the booking committee, are letting a lot of this stuff go.

I'm surprised that Jarrett, Raven, and Cornette, all of whom I would have thought understood the business better, and who are also supposedly part of the booking committee, are letting a lot of this stuff go.

Raven isnt on the booking committee and dont ruin his good name by throwing him in with them.

As for Dixie, she did come off very well and her defending of Russo was very admrable. TBH, her admitting of the crowds chants came off even better. Shows that at least they're listening, even if there not doing anything about it.

I'm surprised that Jarrett, Raven, and Cornette, all of whom I would have thought understood the business better, and who are also supposedly part of the booking committee, are letting a lot of this stuff go.

The booking committee is Jarrett, Russo and Dutch Mantel. Jarrett is the head of the committee, but all three of them have input. At least as of a few weeks ago, Russo was mainly responsible for the writing of Impact, although for the last couple of weeks Mantel has been 'making the final calls' of what goes into Impact. However, Jeff's wife has taken a turn for the worse lately, so the booking is mainly just Russo and Mantel for obvious reasons.

While Cornette, Raven, etc can pitch ideas, it all comes down to the aforementioned trio of Jarrett, Russo and Mantel.

Raven isnt on the booking committee and dont ruin his good name by throwing him in with them.

As for Dixie, she did come off very well and her defending of Russo was very admrable. TBH, her admitting of the crowds chants came off even better. Shows that at least they're listening, even if there not doing anything about it.

The booking committee is Jarrett, Russo and Dutch Mantel. Jarrett is the head of the committee, but all three of them have input. At least as of a few weeks ago, Russo was mainly responsible for the writing of Impact, although for the last couple of weeks Mantel has been 'making the final calls' of what goes into Impact. However, Jeff's wife has taken a turn for the worse lately, so the booking is mainly just Russo and Mantel for obvious reasons.

While Cornette, Raven, etc can pitch ideas, it all comes down to the aforementioned trio of Jarrett, Russo and Mantel.

Raven is absolved then if he isn't one of the final decision-makers. Jarrett should know better, but if Mantell has final say, then the blame is all his.

Dixie is really amazing at convincing people she has a big surprise up her sleeve. She single handed made me go from "well the card looks good but I really don't know" to "Holy hell, I gotta order this thing..damn you Dixie". That woman can promote the hell out of any PPV announcement better than almost anyone in wrestling. When does print interviews, she can convince you of nearly anything.

Incredibly optimistic lady, I'm surprised the cold hard hand of the wrestling world hasn't slapped her in the face yet.

Dixie is really amazing at convincing people she has a big surprise up her sleeve. She single handed made me go from "well the card looks good but I really don't know" to "Holy hell, I gotta order this thing..damn you Dixie". That woman can promote the hell out of any PPV announcement better than almost anyone in wrestling. When does print interviews, she can convince you of nearly anything.

Incredibly optimistic lady, I'm surprised the cold hard hand of the wrestling world hasn't slapped her in the face yet.

She's been responsible for the biggest surprise of the decade as far as I'm concerned in the signing of Angle, just a shame the buzz and hype about it has died down now. She truely is amazing!

She's been responsible for the biggest surprise of the decade as far as I'm concerned in the signing of Angle, just a shame the buzz and hype about it has died down now. She truely is amazing!

The biggest surprise of the decade? Let's not go that far, Russo.

The decade is only six years old and no one outside of a few people in TNA had any IDEA it was happening. TNA screws up a lot of things, but they did manage to make one amazing surprise since there was absolutely zero spoiler about it. Which considering where we are at in the time of wrestling is beyond a surprise, it's damn near improbable that they actually kept it secret.

Guest Queen Leelee

Signing a guy whose body is completely broken down and was released from his prior place of employment because of that! Amazing! What a fucking heroine!

The decade is only six years old and no one outside of a few people in TNA had any IDEA it was happening. TNA screws up a lot of things, but they did manage to make one amazing surprise since there was absolutely zero spoiler about it. Which considering where we are at in the time of wrestling is beyond a surprise, it's damn near improbable that they actually kept it secret.

I agree, in this day in age, its so difficult to keep something a secret in wrestling these days. What with Meltzer and all of the other "insiders" giving away spoilers.

But TNA and Dixie kept sigining Angle a secret, and very well i might add. No one saw it coming. People speculated, but no one knew he was signing, unlike some of the other aqustiotions like Christian, Rhino and Team 3D.

I think I'll just go back to lurking and reading the Observer Notes that get posted now and again, if that's what happens when you post what you think in this place.

Guest LividLiquid
I think I'll just go back to lurking and reading the Observer Notes that get posted now and again, if that's what happens when you post what you think in this place.

Haven't you heard, dude? If you like anything about TNA around here, your opinion is WRONG!

Haven't you heard, dude? If you like anything about TNA around here, your opinion is WRONG!

A wild guess, but are you a big fan of TNA?

Stick around.

Criminy, one person disagreed with you and was shouted down. Unless you're talking about other incidents, in which case it's my mistake. The best thing you can do is continue to post, but just back up what's posted. Angle going to TNA was a pretty big shock to everyone, but this decade also had the WWF buying WCW.