TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lomasmoney

Shooting at Virginia Tech Campus

Ripper said he would go all Steven Segal on the guy if he went to VT.

I have become convinced that you can't read. You have a speak and type software or something and can understand parts of other people post but really, reading is just a lost art to you.

More like Jackie Chan. Run like a mutherfucker and fight when I get cornered.

"Please...I don wan no trobole."

A point was raised on NPR the other day by a police officer.

Most people, when confronted with a loaded and pointed gun, EVEN IF THEY HAVE A HOLSTERED WEAPON, will on first instinct, run. So everyone being "armed" might not have been so helpful.

Guest Richard McBeef

Watch out, guys, EricMM is droppin' knowledge from NPR! I can't talk, because I listen to NPR too (I picked up a great recipe for vegan twinkies, not making this up), but it just made me laugh.

Guest Smues

I listen to NPR too! But I don't get to learn about vegan twinkies and guns, all I get is updates on Indians sueing the government.

And speaking of that, how long until someone sues the college or the police for not locking down the campus before the 2nd round of shooting?

But that would never happen, ever.

We've had shootings on this campus, and it certainly wasn't locked down.

It would be like suing the air force for not shooting down the 9/11 planes after they were highjacked. Minus a bit of hyperbole...

Ripper, duder, go back and read your posts in this thread. They're funny, even moreso with your Matt Youngin' approach to them in hindsight.

My comment:

Listen, i am not like alot of people that think they can go all Bauer on people with guns because its not realistic and you are going to die.

your response:

Ripper, life isn't a shoot-em-up action-adventure movie. It doesn't work the same as when Chuck Norris can spinkick a ninja or Jack Bauer can left-hook a rocket launcher off an Arab's shoulder at a director's request. Sorry, dude.

REALLY? So you are mocking me by saying the exact same fucking thing? REALLY. Once again, what the fuck were you reading?

I said attack the attacker when there are no more options. I thought the guy locked himself in the classroom with the students with a chain and lock so they couldn't get out and started shooting at least 50 people multiple times each with two guns that held 17 bullets. That wasn't the case as Eric explained to me, but if it was and there was no other option outside of faking dead, you would have to think mobbing the guy would have to come up as a "If I don't do this I am going to die" situtation.

Once again:

1: Run

2: Hide

3: Lie down and hope shooter moves on

4: Fake Dead

5: If all else fails, make a move and hope for the best.

Now from this you get "Man I would so just run up and beat the shit out of that guy."

Dude, I am not trying to take a guy with a knife either unless I think he is trying to kill everyone. Plus, what is he going to do...throw it at me when I start running.

This isn't tough guy talk. This is simple fight or flight. When flight is no longer an option (and its almost always an option) you need to do something. And simple want to survive would eventually take over if no other option is seen. But like Eric has explained, the chance to survive was present when the guy left the room those times so yeah, I would have been huddled in a corner hoping he would have come back.

My post was on a misunderstanding of the situtation. I am saying lock me in a room with a guy that needs to reload, and I see he is hell bent on killing everyone in said room, eventually, 5-6 of us are going to have to rush the dude. and try to over power him.

I will say this. If I was on flight 93 and they told me they were turning the plane around and going somewhere else and noone would get hurt, I wouldn't have rushed them even though they just had box cutters.

I will never ever rush anyone unless I think that I am going to die if I Run, hide or fake dead. And I thought that was the situation these kids were in.

Yes because MOBBING with 5-6 people is me saying single handedly diving around doing shit that I called unrealistic in the first post I made in the thread is what should have happened.

Yep...multiple times of me saying RUN AND HIDE is the same as going Steven Segal on some guys (skinney Segal...not fat one...that one actualy gets punched like once or twice in a movie.

Yeah...I think I am going to stand by my assumption that you can't read.

Guest Richard McBeef

Well, I know somebody said to mob the guy with a gun. I feel uncomfortable now.

Wait....wait....wait....

He shot and killed 32 people and injured another what, 20 with a fucking glock and a .22 semi automatic? Seriously? And the doctor said that he didn't see anyone with less than 3 bullets in them? From one freakin guy?

Listen, i am not like alot of people that think they can go all Bauer on people with guns because its not realistic and you are going to die. Most times I say get the fuck out of there and run, but dude. The dude has a 10 shot .22 and a 17 shot glock. And was shooting people multiple times. Its not like he could really reload one while shooting the other. Eventually you have to see this asshole is hell bent on killing everyone in there and either rush him or just fake dead. There comes a point when wait in see has to go out the window here.

Funny thing too, the headlines in local papers :Shooter is Korean...

Thats it. Like that is the important detail. I guess they are happy it wasn't a white kid. Now this can be used to attack immigration instead of video games.

That's the entirety of the Jack Bauer post from Ripper. There were a couple where he prefaced with "I'm no Bauer but..." and then offered up his John Rambo ideas.

Once again, not saying I am Mr. Hero or something. My first option would be to run, second would be to lay down, third would be to fake dead. But if I see none of that shit is going to work...its time to gather the troops and go at the guy and hope for the best.

That would be another example. It's quite the idea, really. First he suggests running around, then laying down, followed by faking dead (all with the retard still shooting away at people) and then it would be time to 'gather the troops' (the troops in Ripper's scenario would presumably the remaining kids alive with the balls that only he and certain cowboys could possess) and go after the guy.

The truth is if 2 or 3 guys in the first class had tackled him, we probably wouldn't be dealing with this many deaths. However, while common sense may dictate "he's shooting at everyone, you have nothing to lose so you may as well try something." if you're actually in the situation, common sense goes out the window. You're simply reverting to natural instints, which is to hide behind a desk and hope to God the guy doesn't shoot you.

Actually some of the kids did fake dead, seeing as the guy shot up the place and left and came back in shooting, lying in pile of dead kids not only might work, it did work.

And its a "John Rambo" idea to try and stop a guy who you think is DEFINATELY going to shoot you. Really?

And you are saying that if a guy is reloading the BEST option if you see he is still walking up and shooting the people that ran and hid would be to wait for him to reload again and wait for him to shoot you?

The ONLY reason noone tried to tackle this guy is because they thought when he left he had left for good. Then the psycho came back and started shooting again and left again. The leaving and coming back is what left the glimmer of hope that the dude was done and wasn't going to try and kill everyone in the room, which, as I stated NUMEROUS times in MULTIPLE post, is a reason to not rush him.

1: Run

2: Hide

3: Lie down and hope shooter moves on

4: Fake Dead

5: If all else fails, make a move and hope for the best.

That is apparently a action movie cowboy rambo suggestion now. What the fuck kinda Cowboy Rambo movies have you been watching that this is steps they go through. yeah, i rememeber that time in Rambo 2 when the guy came out with a gun and John was all "I am about to run" and got away. Or that time John Wayne HID from the guys with the guns....yeah.

Just admit you were trying to be a dick. It would take a special kind of retard to see me saying once EVERY OTHER OPTION has been tried and didn't work, rushing they guy and HOPING FOR THE BEST would be an option and turning that into "Man, i just would've kicked the guys ass."

snuffbox is being excessively dopey here. Ripper wasn't the "LET'S GET 'EM!" guy.

I'd like something else horrible to happen in the news so we stop getting articles and exposure about this murderin' dude.

So wait, was there ever a consensus as to whether he was using illegal 15 round clips or not?

Because, like Ripper said, it's easy enough to charge someone when they're reloading, but not if they have so many bullets. He wouldn't have had to reload but a few times.

Eventually you have to see this asshole is hell bent on killing everyone in there and either rush him or just fake dead. There comes a point when wait in see has to go out the window here.

This must be new slang for something else.

Give it up dipshit, he isn't saying going 24 on the fucker. He is NOT trying to be Rambo. You are either trying to be a dick(and failing) or trying to be a retard(passing with flying colors). Just stop typing and do the rest of us the favor.

Guest Queen Leelee
I'd like something else horrible to happen in the news so we stop getting articles and exposure about this murderin' dude.

Indeed.

Come on, one of you media people. Say nigger. Or, President Bush, go get a blowjob.

You know, in the book, Rambo was fucking mental, and he died. Not a bad book, and not a bad film.

Beyond that, people feigning shock, or, worse actually being shocked by the media, are laughable.

The days of Edward R Murrow are long gone. Seeing as I'm a young'un, I don't know if they were even there. Kinda doubt it.

Everything's sensationalist, and I don't even know why you were surprised. Moment the shootings came down the pike, I bet every single anchor got a fucking hard-on. From the Wussiest psychoanylists, to the spluttering sycophants. Pumping away on their story. Trying to get the least little bit of cum-info.

'GUNS FOR ALL'

BOO

'GUNS FOR NO ONE'

BOOOOO

'GUNS FOR SOME, and so forth...

Why isn't there just an outright gun ban in America? I fail to understand this..

Wait, the right to bear arms. Oh, that crazy constitution.

OMG LYK IF GUNS = ILLEGAL THEN ONLY ILLEGALS WILL HAVE GUNS OH NOES.

Because, y'know, we see every day how the average gun owner becomes a local hero just by possessing a firearm.