TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

and the new Incredible Hulk is....

Norton's quite the talent, but I would have thought that he'd have something better to do than starring in a Hulk movie. He's really above the material at this point.

Maybes it was another studio contract deal like when he had to appear in Italian Job remake or maybes he's just a Hulk mark and this is a childhood dream come true!

Still not a fan of CGI Hulk though.

CGI hulk in the last movie was one of the more perfect CGI/real film integrations this side of Fight Club. Sheer perfection. Made me happy as a animator. People that said it looked fake, I still have to question how they think a 9 foot tall 2 ton green man looks in real life.

My friends dad always questioned why they didn't just paint a guy green like they did with the TV show. We would answer, "because it looks shit".

My friends dad always questioned why they didn't just paint a guy green like they did with the TV show. We would answer, "because it looks shit".

Hell no, Lou looked awesome. That guy painted all green looked excellent. The Hulk CGI looked fine, it was just the rest of the CGI looked absolutely horrible. Like I commented during the movie, "I saw better CGI and production values in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie!"

I don't have a problem with Gray Hulk either...but let's hope gray is the only other color they're thinking about!

Well for the TV series one of the TV execs wanted the Hulk to be red to show that he was angry. Of course, Stan Lee didn't go for that.

Hell no, Lou looked awesome. That guy painted all green looked excellent. The Hulk CGI looked fine, it was just the rest of the CGI looked absolutely horrible. Like I commented during the movie, "I saw better CGI and production values in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie!"

You cant say a bad word about the Power Rangers movie. It was all kinds of excellent :P

I don't have a problem with Gray Hulk either...but let's hope gray is the only other color they're thinking about!

Avi Arad just confirmed that the Hulk's color will remain green. When he mentioned it would be a "new color" he was just joking, he meant a new green tone, not a different color altogether.

Avi Arad just confirmed that the Hulk's color will remain green. When he mentioned it would be a "new color" he was just joking, he meant a new green tone, not a different color altogether.

oh that bastard!

They shouldn't "re-do" the origin, just start the movie with him out there on the road (if I recall, that's how the ANg Lee Hulk movie ended didn't it, with Banner out in some jungle or some such thing, thought to be dead). not directly reference the first movie's events, just go in with that shared knowledge that when this guy gets mad, out comes The Hulk.

yeah, you got the ending right, metro...all they have to do is pickup where they left off, do a little Hulk Smash, don't reference events from the first movie with the exception of Thunderbolt Ross and go from there.

Well, Jennifer Connelly's out too. Liv Tyler is the new Betty Ross.

A few notes from comicon:

Apparently Edward Norton is now writing the script - working off from earlier drafts by Zak Penn.

I know he has a reputation for doing a lot of tweaking, light re-writing, ad-libbing, etc to films he stars in, and has directed in the past - generally his movies tend to be good, so he must be doing something right. Being that I thought Zak Penn's X3 script was shit (and that the movie was "saved" by the charm of the actors), I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing.

Oh, and there's this:

9375776699c616481a491dcsl8.jpg

also an interview with cast and crew:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/070...rediblehulk.htm

I'm quite excited for this, they seem to have a good group of people, good actors. I thought the Ang Lee movie was average - but I tihnk it's clear from various comments that they are doing something different. I'm a big fan of Edward Norton.

That actually sounds like it doesn't ignore the original. So that works perfectly fine for me. Sounds more fun but with a nice bit of emotional as well. Good for Edward.

I didn't know if I said anything spoiler, so better safe than sorry.

I don't know, every time I think of Ed Norton, I think of his smarmy, "I want to knock you teeth down your throat for all the trouble you caused" character in Rounders, or his "I actually cheered when Charlize Theron drilled you with a right cross" character in The Italian Job. I think this might be a touch of miscasting as they are once again going for star power rather than people who can play the role the best (re: Daredevil, Ghost Rider).

Liv Tyler can play Betty Ross well, though Jennifer Connelly did a great job, and no one is going to top Sam Elliot's portrayal of General Ross.

I did a survey on this movie a couple of months ago, and I wasn't really encouraged by what it told me about the movie. I was more excited by the knowledge that Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh are going to be in the the new Mummy movie, or that the Hellboy sequel is not too far away.

I don't know, every time I think of Ed Norton, I think of his smarmy, "I want to knock you teeth down your throat for all the trouble you caused" character in Rounders, or his "I actually cheered when Charlize Theron drilled you with a right cross" character in The Italian Job. I think this might be a touch of miscasting as they are once again going for star power rather than people who can play the role the best (re: Daredevil, Ghost Rider).

Liv Tyler can play Betty Ross well, though Jennifer Connelly did a great job, and no one is going to top Sam Elliot's portrayal of General Ross.

I did a survey on this movie a couple of months ago, and I wasn't really encouraged by what it told me about the movie. I was more excited by the knowledge that Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh are going to be in the the new Mummy movie, or that the Hellboy sequel is not too far away.

Any doubters with regards to Edward Norton's involvement in this movie or in the movie in general should see this:

There are three parts after that one.

Apparently Norton is a life long fan of the Incredible Hulk, both the comics and the TV show. He even references the stuff Bruce Jones did a few years ago. He wanted very much to be a part of this movie. That's why he was involved in reworking the screenplay. After watching what he and the director had to say, I'm very encouraged.

This is not a sequel. It's a relaunch of the franchise. However, from what Norton says, it's not going to be an origin movie. He explains why in the clips.

I'm greatly looking forward to this movie. Then again, I was hyped for the last one that disappointed the hell out of me. I, like Edward Norton, am a life long fan of the comics and show. Disappoint me once, shame on you. Disappoint me twice, put a bullet in your head.

Originally, this was going to be a pseudo sequel, but with Norton's involvement with the script, it looks like this movie will definitely be a remake. Oh, and William Hurt is the new General Ross (which really sucks, not that I got anything against Hurt, but Elliot's performance was top notch and probably one of the best parts of the previous Hulk film).

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080124a.php

dward Norton has dismissed any connection between the upcoming "The Incredible Hulk" and Ang Lee's not-so-acclaimted 2003 "Hulk" movie according to The Sun.

"First off it's utterly unrelated to that film. This is in no way a response to it or picking up from it. I think like Chris Nolan and those guys did with Batman, we just said: 'We're going to start completely with our own version of this myth or saga.'" Norton tells Total Film magazine.

Norton initially showed reluctance to take on the role, that was until he was offered the chance to rewrite the screenplay - "When the phone rings and someone says, ‘Hey, would you be interested in the big green guy?” there’s that part of all of us that doesn’t want to look like an idiot. There’s the wince factor or the defensive part of you that recoils at what the bad version of what that would be. And I did that, basically. I said ‘no’ to it a couple of times."

Norton envisions a franchise - "To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts. We left a lot out on purpose. It’s definitely intended as chapter one." The new 'Hulk' premieres onscreen in June.

Really psyched about this, and also Iron Man. Norton and Robert Downey Jr. = good.