TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

and the new Incredible Hulk is....

CGI has really come a long way in the past 5 years. That Hulk looks about a million times better than the green blur that was in Ang Lee's 2003 abortion. The only good thing that came out of that is the green Hershey's syrup that was available for a short time as a marketing tie-in. My biggest complaint about the '03 movie aside from the Hulk being too cartoony was the film being shot "comic book" style. It was something different, and I'll commend the editing department for that, but it gave me a bit of a headache.

WOW, that looks fucking awesome! I'm definitely checking TIH out.

I think this might be a touch of miscasting as they are once again going for star power rather than people who can play the role the best (re: Daredevil, Ghost Rider)

Nicolas Cage was a complete disaster for Ghost Rider, I shift my blame towards him and / or the studio for the bullshit kiddy crap we got with that movie that was made into a total letdown to GR fans. At least, the director seemed to be a real big comic book fan so if he had a real say or pull in the matter, we would've had a TRUE adaption of Ghost Rider.

I thought Ben Affleck did just fine in DareDevil, but there's too many Affleck / DD haters out there for whatever reason. After seeing the Director's Cut, DD absolutely became one of my top favorite Marvel films.

The thing with Edward Norton is after seeing his work whether its Fight Club, American History, Red Dragon, etc. , he has a nack for playing tortured characters and he's really good at that so I think he fits right into playing the role of Bruce Banner. Plus he's a superior actor to Eric Bana.

was the film being shot "comic book" style.

I guess I'm one of the few people who liked the comic book style shots as well. I thought it was a nice touch to its source.

WOW, that looks fucking awesome! I'm definitely checking TIH out.

I think this might be a touch of miscasting as they are once again going for star power rather than people who can play the role the best (re: Daredevil, Ghost Rider)

Nicolas Cage was a complete disaster for Ghost Rider, I shift my blame towards him and / or the studio for the bullshit kiddy crap we got with that movie that was made into a total letdown to GR fans. At least, the director seemed to be a real big comic book fan so if he had a real say or pull in the matter, we would've had a TRUE adaption of Ghost Rider.

I thought Ben Affleck did just fine in DareDevil, but there's too many Affleck / DD haters out there for whatever reason. After seeing the Director's Cut, DD absolutely became one of my top favorite Marvel films.

I am not an Affleck hater per se, but I am firmly convinced that the man can't act unless Kevin Smith is involved somehow. Hell, Matt Damon would have been a better Daredevil.

And getting Jennifer Garner was downright stupid. I have nothing against her either, but considering that Elektra was Greek and obviously so in the comics, they needed to get someone who at least *looked* the part. That was the studio trying to bank off of Garner's popularity from Alias and nothing more.

The "director's cut", huh? I'll put that on my Netflix queue and see if it raises my opinion of the movie at all.

Or an incredibly true one.

DD pisses me off on many accounts. The casting is bad, real bad. The dialogue is fucking terrible. The effects are pretty substandard. the soundtrack sucks balls on both accounts - the nu-metal garbage is toss and the "fight music" sounds like something from a bad Dreamcast game.

But what pisses me off the most is that they crammed one of the most complex love storylines into one crappy hour and a half movie. The DD/Elektra story really should have been spread over a trilogy.

Ben Affleck made a pretty decent Daredevil. One of the few times I actually enjoyed him in anything.

Michael Clarke Duncan was an odd choice for Kingpin...you know, the whole black thing and all...but he was pretty good and really needed more screentime than he got. Tell me he doesn't look pimp in that suit with the cane.

I rarely RARELY enjoy a Colin Ferrell performance...I liked him here.

Jennifer Garner was about the worst casting choice in the movie. That, I can agree with.

I'm glad they went with Abomination as opposed to Hulk poodles/energy absorbing Nick Nolte.

I will see this, although I still think the last Hulk movie left a bad taste in everyone's mouth and I think the box office reciepts will show this.

DD pisses me off on many accounts. The casting is bad, real bad. The dialogue is fucking terrible. The effects are pretty substandard. the soundtrack sucks balls on both accounts - the nu-metal garbage is toss and the "fight music" sounds like something from a bad Dreamcast game.

But what pisses me off the most is that they crammed one of the most complex love storylines into one crappy hour and a half movie. The DD/Elektra story really should have been spread over a trilogy.

Ah, you mean you don't like the soundtrack that brought "Bring Me to Life" (an OK song, as much as it got overplayed) to the masses? "Won't Back Down" by Fuel is a pretty decent song, though.

I've never managed to sit through the entire film, but after hearing so many positive things about the Director's Cut, I may give it a shot.

I'll wait for a few more Hulk trailers before passing judgment on this new one. I just hope Hershey's does the green milk marketing tie-in again. I may be 26, but you're never too old to enjoy novelty colored chocolate milk.

Ah, you mean you don't like the soundtrack that brought "Bring Me to Life" (an OK song, as much as it got overplayed) to the masses?

I've always hated that song.

Incredible Hulk Director Bids To Better 'Disappointing' Ang Lee Version

10 June 2008 12:05 PM, PDT

Director Louis Leterrier made The Incredible Hulk just five years after the comic book character last hit the big screen - because he was "disappointed' with Ang Lee's effort.

Bruce Banner and his alter ego are back, with Edward Norton in the lead role, alongside Liv Tyler as Betty Ross - following in the footsteps of Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly who took on the roles in the 2003 big screen adaptation.

Leterrier claims his film is not a remake or a sequel - but more of a revisiting. And although the filmmaker claims he was a fan of Lee's 2003 effort, he felt he could capture the Marvel Comics creation better.

He says, "Technically, my film is not a sequel. But at the same time I didn't want to insult people who saw the first movie because I'm a fan of it myself. There were so many great ideas in it, but as a Hulk fan I was disappointed. It wasn't the Hulk movie I wanted to see."

I can't wait for Friday.

I was a little surprised to see the preview with Tony Stark's cameo- I thought they'd leave that for the film itself. Still- this will be interesting. The Hulk is not my favorite character, but I like Ed Norton, so this could be worth a look.

My sister won some tickets for a free screening tomorrow night. I wouldn't go see it unless it was free, so, lets hope for some good things.

Thanks again for the tix, Marv.

Ms. Dandy and I will be seeing the movie tomorrow evening. I want to see the movie, but I have a feeling that I will see a preview of The Dark Knight before the film and I will spend my time geeking over its impending release.

well They got this one right.

The cool thing about this movie is that they leave it open enough so that it can kinda be a sequel to the first one if you liked it and if you didn't like it then it can stand as it's own movie.

This movie got so many little things right there are refrences to the comic book, tv show, cartoon show other marvel heros (not who'd you think either!), Iron man: The movie and more. Some exposition scenes are really choppily cut but the action is awesome and the final battle is just awesome. My main gripe is the lack of Rick Jones who would've been an awesome addition to the story but alas. Not as great as Iron Man but damn close and a damn good film. Non-stop action

Oh and after you see this movie you will agree Lou Ferigno is THE MAN!

Saw the midnight showing last night and I actually liked it. Pretty good stuff.

Oh and Liv Tyler breaks up the "epic" Hulk/Abomination fight

No Fury cameo, just the Stark appearance that's been hyped and even put into the newest commercial. The movie is phenomenal, and not only that, but it builds and alludes to what's going to go down in Captain America, Incredible Hulk 2, Iron Man 2, and The Avengers.

No Fury cameo, just the Stark appearance that's been hyped and even put into the newest commercial. The movie is phenomenal, and not only that, but it builds and alludes to what's going to go down in Captain America, Incredible Hulk 2, Iron Man 2, and The Avengers.

If this is true, I need to see it now!