TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Ongoing ECW and Smackdown spoilers

**SPOILERS** ECW Tapings For Tonight

04/17/2007 by Ryan Clark

Eric Ganzerli of PWInsider.com sent in these results:

*The New Breed are all in the ring waiting for the show to begin. When the show starts, CM Punk gets a big entrance and comes to the ring. He says that everyone is asking why he joined The New Breeed but he's going to keep that to himself for now. Rob Van Dam comes out on the stage and says that all the ECW Originals are going to make Punk regret his choice. Elijah Burke tells RVD that all the Originals are losers.

Van Dam challenges Burke to a match, but Punk says that if Van Dam wants to challenge the leader of the New Breed, then he's challenging Punk. Burke looks shocked at that, then jumps in to accept the challenge.

Snitsky vs. Nunzio

Little Guido is announced as Nunzio and comes out with an Italian flag. The crowd is chanting his name and is behind him bigtime. Snitsky nails the big boot and it's over that quick.

*Backstage, CM Punk tells Elijah Burke that he was hesitating about taking RVD's challenge. Burke told Punk, he had better stay in line as a member of the New Breed. They are already teasing tension between the two.

Tommy Dreamer & Sandman vs. Kevin Thorn & Marcus Cor Von

Dreamer gets the win, pinning Thorn with a rollup and a hand on the ropes.

*Backstage, Punk was backstage with Matt Striker. Punk looked disgusted about the loss and walks away.

*ECW champion Bobby Lashley comes out and says he cannot wait for Backlash. He introduces new WWE Intercontinental champion Santino Marella. Marella thanks the fans and Italy, saying he cannot believe he's IC champion.

*Backstage, CM Punk is giving Marcus Cor Von and Kevin Thorn a pep talk about their loss. Burke tries to tell Punk to stay in line but Punk blows him off.

Elijah Burke vs. Rob Van Dam

Both come out alone. There are some boring chants early. The referee gets bumped. CM Punk hits ringside, grabs a chair and slides it too fast. Van Dam gets it, nails Burke, then hits the five star frogsplash for the pin. The show ends with Punk trying to explain to Burke what happened and apologizing.

Smackdown:

*JBL and Michael Cole came to the ring. JBL made Cole hold an American flag in the ring and sang "God Bless America" for heel heat.

Smackdown

Batista vs. Finlay

Ken Kennedy hits the ring, causing a DQ. They beat down Batista as the referees try to stop them. Finlay hits the Celtic Cross, leading to them teasing Batista is injured but he eventually walks out.

*Condemned Trailer.

*Jillian Hall comes to the ring and brags about putting Ashley Massaro out of action. She sings, badly. Michelle McCool stops it, telling Hall, in Italian, that she sucks. They have a catfight and McCool clears the ring.

WWE Tag Team champions The Hardys & WWE United States champion Chris Benoit vs. MVP & Chavo Guerrero & Gregory Helms

Although this will be edited, live they weren't ready for MVP's entrance and had to stall. Chris Benoit used the Sharpshooter on Helms for the win.

WWE Tag Team champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Deuce & Domino

Deuce and Domino capture the belts. During the match, London did a moonsault to the floor but missed. Paramedics checked on him, so they did an injury deal to build to the finish. They hit the Crack 'Em In The Mouth on Kendrick for the win.

*The main event tonight is WWE World champion The Undertaker vs. Ken Kennedy (non-title)

*They recap Backlash. No new matches.

Kane vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor

Kane wins via countout in a long match after the Brits finally walk out.

*Backstage, Regal and Taylor complain to Teddy Long, who announces they will wrestle Kane and The Boogeyman next week in the UK. Kristal Marshall arrives and shows Long all the expensive things she bought while shopping. Long tells her that the time they have spent together is the best time of his life and they kiss.

WWE World champion Undertaker vs. Ken Kennedy

Kennedy put himself over on the mic when he entered the ring. Undertaker had his grand entrance. Finlay interferes to cause a DQ. Kennedy and Finlay beat down Undertaker. Kane hits the ring to make the save, which may take place after the show goes off the air.

Both sets of spoilers are completed now.

Deuce and Domino capture the belts. During the match, London did a moonsault to the floor but missed. Paramedics checked on him, so they did an injury deal to build to the finish. They hit the Crack 'Em In The Mouth on Kendrick for the win.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

yeah really! WTF!! So much for de-pushing D&N

Man they couldn't just let Londrick get their year long title run?

Damn them. Even though Cena has had his belt for like, forever, and I'm sure D&D won't do much with em. Maybe Kendrick did fuck up unifying the tag titles? And this is a kick in the ass?

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Still, an almost 11 month reign that produced some great matches nonetheless. They can regain at next week's tapings, can't they?

There's only so many times they can do this thing with Londrick where they bat away the new heel challengers. Being long-time champions has gotten them to a certain level of popularity. I think them chasing the titles is what's needed to really cement them as people the fans get behind. Although 'Crack 'Em In The Mouth' may be the lamest name for a finisher ever.

And it looks like I'm going have to watch ECW this week.

I hate this "Hardy Boys appearing on both brands" bullshit. they're the Raw Tag Team Champions and they're in a feud with Cade and Murdock. there is absolutly no reason why the Raw Champs should be on SmackDown.

D N'D impressed me last week so in doesn't bother me to much that they're the Champs. what does bother me is why didn't they save this for Backlash?.

WWE is just as likely to blow up London and Kendrick sooner than later anyway. After a rematch at Backlash plus one or two where they lose all of them? Maybe. It'd be a bigger surprise if they actually keep them together.

Am i the only one happy to see D&D win? Seriously, i was getting tired of Londrick, they needed a fresh start. Now with them chasing the titles, they might have more of an edge to them.

This is baffling booking to job out guys who have held belts for 11 months on an overseas episode of SD. I guess my dad will be happy though, for some bizarre reason he's a fan of D & D. Maybe it's the retro gimmick? Just wondering but what did Kendrick do that pissed people off backstage? It was alluded to earlier.

Why is Kennedy getting matches with a world champ AT ALL if it's not to cash in the MITB? The notion of the MITB is to keep the winner away from the champ until he's ready to cash it in. I see Kennedy moving to Raw fairly soon, since that title scene is beyond stale. Maybe move Edge over to SD in a trade?

I hate this "Hardy Boys appearing on both brands" bullshit. they're the Raw Tag Team Champions and they're in a feud with Cade and Murdock. there is absolutly no reason why the Raw Champs should be on SmackDown.

Simple answer:

Because Matt's still listed as a Smackdown Superstar

Thus, since one half of those champs is still listed as a Smackdown Superstar, the Hardys have claim to appear on either brand.

Londrick dropping the titles is hardly a bullshit move and where the event occurs is meaningless. The reaction would be the same in Nebraska as it was overseas. This gives something new to this program. D&D is hardly a tremendous team but right now they are clearly the best option out there with Londrick.

Edit: It seems that the idea is for Punk to fuck with Burke for all his recruiting bullshit and screw him in the end and explain that he's always been on his own. I mean he's quite suddenly pissing Burke right off the bat and making him look second string. I think that would just be more interesting. Burke can't work as a face but Punk, punking people again is a good thing to do.

This is baffling booking to job out guys who have held belts for 11 months on an overseas episode of SD. I guess my dad will be happy though, for some bizarre reason he's a fan of D & D. Maybe it's the retro gimmick? Just wondering but what did Kendrick do that pissed people off backstage? It was alluded to earlier.

Because it seemed like he 'botched' the finish to that tag battle royal on Raw a few weeks ago (where he eliminated Chavo, but got bumped off the apron in the process) and that Londrick were supposed to win the World Tag Team Titles, not The Hardyz.

I don't know if that was ever confirmed, but that'd be the reason people alluded to.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Still, an almost 11 month reign that produced some great matches nonetheless. They can regain at next week's tapings, can't they?

It's possible, but I am very sure that it won't happen.

I really think that they should've saved the match for Backlash.

Maybe this happened because it was the 400th episode or that it took place overseas.

I think the Smackdown bookers realize they've got something with London and Kendrick. they could have been broken up so many times before, and after they won the tag titles but they never did it. For months now, Kendrick and London have been a fixture of Smackdown's midcard/uppercard, where they virtually guaranteed a great match every time out. In fact, weren't D&D originally depushed BECAUSE the bookers felt they weren't selling London and Kendrick enough? That suggests that they don't see them as just a team, but a featured part of the "brand".

D&D will hold the titles for probably a max of two months. Since day one they've been built up as the London & Kendrick killers, so it makes sense that they get the tag titles back relatively soon. This is probably going to be a long term feud which makes sense. They've already been feuding off and on for the better part of the year, and it'll continue from here.

I sincerely doubt London and Kendrick are going to be broken up or depushed significantly anytime soon.

I really want to believe that London & Kendrick won't be forgotten or depushed, but WWE's track record with teams over the last year or so hasn't been good. Nearly every team that's lost the titles have been broken up shortly after (MNM- originally, Cade & Murdoch- originally, Big Show & Kane, Spirit Squad), and of course despite actually having a better number of active teams than usual, the division is basically non-existant for any team that isn't the champs with the occasional random challengers of the month.

Logic says that Londrick should be chasing the belts, but WWE's track record for logic isn't that great either.

A great show tonight. I for one am glad that Deuce & Domino are the tag champs. It was a good match aswell.

I can't wait to go to Earls Court on Tuesday for Smackdown.

I thought of a cool idea for a DN"D Vs London and Kendrick rematch. how bout a tag team parking lot brawl. sorta like the one Cena and Eddie had a couple of years ago, with the surrounding cars being 50s Cadillacs and such. I think this type of match would fit Deuce and Dominos gimick perfectly. but anyways, glad that D N"D are the Tag Champions. they've grown on me latley, and they have a pretty catchy theme song.

I thought of a cool idea for a DN"D Vs London and Kendrick rematch. how bout a tag team parking lot brawl. sorta like the one Cena and Eddie had a couple of years ago, with the surrounding cars being 50s Cadillacs and such. I think this type of match would fit Deuce and Dominos gimick perfectly. but anyways, glad that D N"D are the Tag Champions. they've grown on me latley, and they have a pretty catchy theme song.

The one between Cena and Eddie was a one-on-one match I believe, but I do like that idea, but really doubt that it will happen