TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Round 1

Guest Richard McBeef

Scrap the cap. Even though it's not as rigid as the NFL's, I'm still of the belief that salary caps are utterly pointless.

Guest Richard McBeef

Yes, I'm qualified to disavow the salary cap as worthless!

What the Lakers really need is a point guard who can shoot the three. While Farmar will be better than Parker next year, he's still not quite ready to be a starter in the NBA and LA needs another shooter in their rotation anyway. Every year, I keep thinking Kwame Brown's going to improve and have a breakout season and he never does, so maybe that's a lost cause, but he's still a serviceable post player, and I think he's good enough to keep the spot warm for Bynum until he matures. If the Lakers trade Bynum though, then they'll definitely need an upgrade at C.

Still though, I can't emphasize enough that what the Lakers really need is another consistent 3-point shooter. A lot of the reason Kobe falls into relying on the jumper is that when he's driving the lane, he either has to try to score it 1-on-3 or pass out to the perimeter to a wide open shooter who's going to miss 70% of the time or so. Maybe Smush would do better on a team that's not going to make the playoffs since he seems to play about 100x worse when there's postseason pressure.

Just give me some improvement over these past few seasons. That's all I ask. The leap from horrible years that preceded it is great and all but it's for naught if all we're gonna do is win one and go home each post-season.

That's the point I was trying to make about 'Melo's postseason performances. Of course I didn't expect them to beat the Spurs but I would like to see something that indicates they can make it farther in the next couple years. After too long, it will become a T-Mac or KG situation where it takes forever to get out the 1st round.

Guest Richard McBeef
Let's talk commercials on TNT. Who's cuter: the redhead on the plane in the Wendy's commercial or the girl in the Radio Shack commercial with the records?

I'd say Penelope.

Guest Richard McBeef

There's always that one series that just goes on and on and on and you just don't fucking care at all. Remember Miami-New Orleans in 2004?

There's always that one series that just goes on and on and on and you just don't fucking care at all.

The '05 Finals

I don't know what it is, but this Jazz/Rockets series really bores me and I wish it would just end already.

Agreed. I'm only watching it because I'm anxious for the Dallas/Golden State game to start and it seems like basketball's a good lead-in.

I'm hoping that Golden State wins tonight so that we get to see them play the Jazz or Rockets. Because holy fuck, that would be a clash in philosophies.

And I say that I hope Golden State wins tonight because if they don't, they have no chance in a 7th game.

What a terrible effort by the Rockets in the 4th quarter. There was a stretch where they went for like 6 straight possessions without even getting a shot up. Doesn't help that they couldn't get a call to save their lives while Utah was practically in the penalty 3 minutes in.

And Yao needs considerably less playing time against the Jazz. Boozer gets around him like a practice dummy on the defensive end, and Yao's offense seems to consist mainly of turning the ball over and settling for 18-footers. The small lineup with T-Mac, Alston, Battier, Howard, and Hayes has easily been the most effective combo we've thrown at Utah, but that group only sees about 2 minutes of action a game.

And I don't blame anyone for not caring about this series. Lots of low-scoring blowouts, no road wins, poor offense in just about every game... If you're not a fan of either team, this series sucks.

man i'm psyched for Dallas-GS.

Can't wait, it's gonna be really interesting to see what happens. I could see GS running them out of the building, or I could see Dallas come back. I do think that winning may have helped break the mental "we can't beat them!" aspect that Dallas was feeling, as their only previous win had been with Baron and others ejected.

This game resembles a typical one between myself and a friend on LIVE: three pointer after three pointer.

Wow, Stephen Jackson is on fire.

Hey Alf...

STEPHEN JACKSON IS ON FIRE

Guest Richard McBeef

Okay, let's talk series win here. Now as a fan who grew up with the hometown team winning six out of eight years in my life, I'm accustomed to basketball excellence. When the Timberwolves won a first-round series for the first (and so far last) time in history back in 2004, they celebrated ridiculously for a first-round win, and I made fun of them as a Mickey Mouse operation that should save that for when it really matters. Likewise, the Wizards printing "we won a series" t-shirts in 2005 when they beat the Bulls. But if the Warriors win tonight, for some reason, I think they've earned the right to go crazy and get off the deck.

Guest Vitamin X

Man, how could you hate the Warriors. I freakin love this team.

Apparently the crowd tonight set a new attendance for a basketball game in the STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Yes, more than the Kings or Lakers have ever done. That is just insane.

Hey, the Warriors are the geographically closest team to me right now still in the playoffs, so that goes along withmy egocentric "wherever I move, NBA championships follow" theory.

They really were the long shot coming as far as they have. Think that Dallas had their playoff spot locked up a month ago, and the Warriors had to fight their ass off just to get in (Portland resting everyone and helping along GS on the last night of the season where GS needed a win to get in over the Clippers helped a bit, too). I mean, this crowd is just awesome, their style of play is fun, and then you've got a beer drinking, Star Wars analogy using coach.