TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Round 1

Guest Vitamin X

Man, the Mavs aren't even trying anymore. There's all quit in this team.

Okay, let's talk series win here. Now as a fan who grew up with the hometown team winning six out of eight years in my life, I'm accustomed to basketball excellence. When the Timberwolves won a first-round series for the first (and so far last) time in history back in 2004, they celebrated ridiculously for a first-round win, and I made fun of them as a Mickey Mouse operation that should save that for when it really matters. Likewise, the Wizards printing "we won a series" t-shirts in 2005 when they beat the Bulls. But if the Warriors win tonight, for some reason, I think they've earned the right to go crazy and get off the deck.

This is different, this is the 8th seed upsetting the 1st seed in best of 7. The most craziest upset in such a basketball deprived place that is now going nuts for it? They deserve to go ballistic. The only crazier thing that could have happened would be if they came back from an 0-3 deficit to win it.

Man, the Mavs aren't even trying anymore. There's all quit in this team.

I know, instead of being excited and happy for the Warriors

I' am absolutely disgusted and ashamed of the Mavs performance

I don't care about the Mvs choking, and I don't even care that I can't see the game. The box score is entertaining enough.

I expected Golden State to give this a good effort tonight but I thought the game would be close, not a Golden State team holding a 25 point lead with less than 4:30 to go.

Now if my Jazz can navigate past the Rockets on Saturday we have a decent shot at getting to the Conference finals. I'm pretty excited.

Anyone have some quick comments on what this loss might mean for Dallas in the offseason?

I wonder if Dirk will ever feel the urge to actually give a damn and play in the playoffs? Cause it doesn't seem to be happening much. Dirk is the leader of the Mavs and he continues to just no-show when needed. I love the guy in the regular season but it seems when it matters, he no shows every damn time.

I guess in hindsight Dallas should've played their starters at the end of the regular season to try to eliminate Golden State.

Edit: I've also got to give it up to the Warriors fans. They personified what home court advantage is in this series.

I've been rooting for GS but this game was just fucking depressing. I've been saying all year that Dallas was overacheiving and overrated, but I still thought they'd be a tough out, not get punked the fuck out like this. Dirk Nowitzki should retire, he is fucking done. Fuck him.

That takes a whole lot of ignoring last years playoffs to say that Dirk never shows up in the playoffs. The Mavs got the ONE team that Dirk couldn't dominate against. The ONE.

I said this before and will say it again. In THIS matchup, Golden State is the better team and that shouldn't have been a suprise to anyone.

wow this is gonna be a legendary series. Props to whoever picked GS to win, i figured they were just another "overrated underdog seed" of the year, since every lower seed seems to be overrated (c'mon now, denver never had a chance).

Guest Richard McBeef
What did Cuban just mouth to the camera?

"Fuck it, I'm buying the Cubs."

Glad to see Adonel Foyle get in at the end. Overpaid slug but probably the nicest guy in sports.

Simply awesome. No matter what happens the rest of the payoffs, after this series Baron Davis will never be able to do anything wrong in the eyes of Warriors fans.

That takes a whole lot of ignoring last years playoffs to say that Dirk never shows up in the playoffs. The Mavs got the ONE team that Dirk couldn't dominate against. The ONE.

I said this before and will say it again. In THIS matchup, Golden State is the better team and that shouldn't have been a suprise to anyone.

It's not the fact that Dirk couldn't dominate the Warriors, it's the fact that he didn't do ANYTHING, and just played like someone who didn't have any confidence or fire. Like, he never even worked hard to get position on offense, the a defender would front him and one would shade from behind and he'd just stand there with his hand up, STAND THERE, no effort to GET THE BALL IN HIS FUCKING HANDS. I don't care if he misses shots or isn't able to singlehandedly win games, he has to at least make an effort to be the man. Fuck him, that was a pathetic fucking display tonight.

And props to you Ripper for calling this all along :cheers:

Fantastic. Now for Houston and the Nets to win through, and I'll be happy with the final 8 teams left in the Playoffs.

It's not the fact that Dirk couldn't dominate the Warriors, it's the fact that he didn't do ANYTHING, and just played like someone who didn't have any confidence or fire. Like, he never even worked hard to get position on offense, the a defender would front him and one would shade from behind and he'd just stand there with his hand up, STAND THERE, no effort to GET THE BALL IN HIS FUCKING HANDS. I don't care if he misses shots or isn't able to singlehandedly win games, he has to at least make an effort to be the man. Fuck him, that was a pathetic fucking display tonight.

And props to you Ripper for calling this all along :cheers:

Exactly. If Dirk had gone 3-25 then you can live with it, but he didn't even try.

Leena and myself picked the Warriors also, so time to gloat :cheers:

Wow, I don't even know what you can do here from the Mavericks' perspective. At least in LA, they can say "oh if we get this piece for Kobe or that piece for Kobe", we can win a title. But for Dallas tonight, the problem was the superstar. It was Dirk. You can have a great coach and all the role players in the world, but if your leader scores 8 points of 2/13 shooting, you're going home. Not that I'd mind if they fired Avery, but the Mavs are looking pretty lost right now.

Guest Richard McBeef

Time to see the real Dirk Nowitzki.

The crowd was fairly restrained in victory, all things considered.

Mark Cuban has to be pulling all of the hair out of his head right now after this playoff defeat. I wouldn't be shocked if Avery was made the scapegoat and ran out of town even though Dirk definitely didn't play to his potential in this series. I'm still shocked at what I just saw. Even with Golden State having the series lead part of me thought Dallas could still wake up and put it together but it never happened. I thought tonight's Game 6 would be another close battle with Dallas finding a way to win in the end but the blowout just blew me away. Baron Davis could do no wrong in this series aside from the Game 2 ejection so hats off to Golden State and those that picked them to win the series.

You think the NBA burns all those MVP ballots and pretends it was Nash all along now?

I totally agree with the majority opinion about that dogshit effort from Dallas. I mean, GS was down 21 in Game 5, and still fought back on the road. Dallas just quit halfway through the 3rd. I knew they were in trouble when all their 1st quarter points came from Stackhouse 3's. Sure, Stack can chip in for 20+ on a given night, but asking him to carry a team? Dallas got a gift with the Baron injury, and they couldn't do shit. That's one of the saddest efforts I've seen in any sport in a good while.

Guest Queen Leelee

Hey, I was right! Woo! I know very little about the current NBA.

But, Biedrins is awesome. What a hoss. Nellie should play him more.

The only negative of this is that Houston probably makes the Semifinals, and I don't like McGrady. I don't know why, but I don't.

Dirk isn't clutch. He's the Derek Jeter of the NBA. And I'm a Nowitzesness.

Guest Queen Leelee

Yeah, that'll change things.

Guest Richard McBeef

Yeah, that'll change things.

I've had enough of your anti-Cub bias.