TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Balls. That was a pretty good fake.

So was the other one a fake too? The intended look for him?

In keeping with what this series of Batman films is going with I think that is the best possible looking Joker..it's what the Joker would probably look like if he were actually a real person...

Yeah, like the other guy said, they didn't want Katie back was because the people in charge felt her overexposed relationship with Crazy Cruise hurt the box office performance of BB. I hated the character anyway, I hope she dies in TDK.

If that's the real picture of Joker's face, I have to give kudos to Nolan and the make-up ward. I guess he really is emphasizing on Batman being in a realistic setting.

That's very....interesting.I don't like how the red is smeared all over his mouth and off his lips, but other than that, it certainly looks terrifying.

I actually like the way the makeup is smeared all around the mouth. It makes him look more psychotic, moreso than if he took his time to put it on perfectly like past Jokers. I love the look. The eyes look sadistic as hell and the scars only help it.

I actually like the fake image better. Drop the black colored coat for a dark purple one and you've got a Joker that could look pretty good. This real image looks even more fake to me. Besides, the Joker looks the way he is because of his exposure to chemicals, he doesn't put make-up on. A Joker that actually puts on make-up sounds really stupid.

Actually, that makeup seems more "real" if it is the result of exposure to chemicals. Seemingly, it would not have perfect lines.

From CinemaBlend:

The Joker’s secret web page which went up a few days ago has changed again. The site no longer shows a picture of what Heath Ledger will look like in full Joker getup. Instead, go to the page and all you’ll get is the words “Page not found”… or is it?

Highlight the page with your cursor, and you’ll see the Joker’s trademark manic “HA ha HA” embedded in the background. Look even closer, and you’ll see extraneous characters mixed in with the laughter. Put those extra characters together and you get a message which says, “See you in December.”

What the heck does it mean? I’m guessing it may be when we’ll see the first Dark Knight trailer, or maybe the first time we’ll see The Joker in action, in a trailer. Or, it could be the date Warner Brothers is planning the next update to the site. Or, it could be nothing and the entire site could be a complete and total fake. No one knows, and you’re not supposed to. It’s viral marketing and as long as whoever is running the site can keep it up, they’re going to keep us guessing.

Site Link: http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

I actually like the fake image better. Drop the black colored coat for a dark purple one and you've got a Joker that could look pretty good. This real image looks even more fake to me. Besides, the Joker looks the way he is because of his exposure to chemicals, he doesn't put make-up on. A Joker that actually puts on make-up sounds really stupid.

Since when would being exposed to chemicals make a perfect line around your mouth? Having it all messed up the way it is looks more REAL

I still can't believe that Ledger is being kept on for this role after the things he said about comic books/comic book movies. "Oh, but I love what Nolan has done." How convenient, Heath. Maybe he should stick to crap like A Knight's Tale and Ballsack Mountin.

Ballsack Mountain? That was horrible. Yes, Ledger played a gay guy in a movie. Obviously, he can't act a damn. Except that he is a tremendous actor but that means nothing, because he doesn't like comics. Why should he be taken off the project? He's an actor, not a comic-book historian. He's paid to play a role, not to be a fanboy of comic books.

Anyway, they had him base his character off The Killing Joke, so he'll be adapting exactly what's coming off the comic book.

If that's what they are going for than no sir, I don't like it.

The out of control make up/chemicalwhathaveyou(as the Joker lies about his past and isn't even sure himself) gives him too much of a sloppy look; it's just too much. What is so creepy about the real Joker's look is how controlled it is, an excellent contradiction to his mad personality and in the better drawn comics his crazy eyes.

Ballsack Mountain? That was horrible. Yes, Ledger played a gay guy in a movie. Obviously, he can't act a damn. Except that he is a tremendous actor but that means nothing, because he doesn't like comics. Why should he be taken off the project? He's an actor, not a comic-book historian. He's paid to play a role, not to be a fanboy of comic books.

I'd link the facebook image where I got the Ballsack Mountin' reference from, but I think my co-worker's profile is locked to the public anyway. Either way it was a pretty funny mock movie poster.

ANYWAY, I didn't say anything about him playing a gay guy in a movie and whether or not he was a good actor. Maybe you should pay attention to the point of the post instead of nitpicking on little things and twisting them into something they're not. The fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with being a fanboy or a comic historian. The guy went on record to say he "fucking hates" comics and comic book movies. Dunno about you, but I'd question the guys committment to the project of a COMIC BOOK MOVIE if he was on my payroll.

yeah, but vivi, I'd bet the house that Ledger is the kind of guy that will make the most of any role he takes...for god's sake, he was in The Brothers Grimm (with Matt Damon no less, how the hell did THAT happen?). Regardless of his thoughts on comic book movies, I'm sure a combination of money offered as well as the exposure he'd surely get were enough to get him to sign...and I doubt he'll purposely tank and ham up a role just because. I've gotta think he's far too professional for that!

Didn't Tim Burton say "anybody who knows me knows that I don't read comic books"?

Saying that you don't read comics and going out of your way to say that you hate comics and hate comic book movies are two different things in my eyes.

I'm not trying to start a fight here - but I'm also not going to apologize for my opinion that Ledger doesn't deserve the role and that there are far better actors out there who probably wouldn't go out of their way to make such assholish remarks right before they start filming a movie of the same genre that they say they "fucking hate."

Moving on....