TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Heath Ledger is going to have to pull off the acting performance of a lifetime because so far they've totally fucked up the look/character of The Joker for this movie.

Oh my, you couldn't be more wrong on that front. This is what The Joker should look like.

Agreed, I like the Joker looking all messed up and demented. Not neat and tidy

Heath Ledger is going to have to pull off the acting performance of a lifetime because so far they've totally fucked up the look/character of The Joker for this movie.

Oh my, you couldn't be more wrong on that front. This is what The Joker should look like.

Based on what? Certainly not the character's history. He's a psycho but he's also meticulous and quite the perfectionist. He's not just a crazy guy who wears makeup. He's a guy who has a fucking permanent smile burned into his skin. We don't get that, but we do get some herpes bubbles on the side of Ledger's mouth.

HOW EDGY.

I cracked the safe. All that is inside is evidence. No new links or anything. It just says something like "Way to think outside the box, i'll have more tasks in a few days". I'm sure the evidence has a purpose, but I have no idea what.

Just go to the safe and set your PC clock to 7:38 AM. Then click on the safe door and it should open right up. Make sure to fix your clock afterwards.

I really hope those people who were so angry about Ledger being named for this role (HE PLAYED A GAY COWBOY! HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!) feel stupid now.

...because of a picture...that has no way of determining how good he will be in the film?

Based on what? Certainly not the character's history. He's a psycho but he's also meticulous and quite the perfectionist. He's not just a crazy guy who wears makeup. He's a guy who has a fucking permanent smile burned into his skin. We don't get that, but we do get some herpes bubbles on the side of Ledger's mouth.

HOW EDGY.

I agree, I don't want a dirty, gritty Joker either. I would also like a well cleaned/kept Joker.

The jury is still out for me. Based on certain pics, he looks awesome. Based on others, he does not. The laugh sounds good in the teaser though.

I need to see more footage before I make a decision. I'm still not 100% convinced on Ledger, but if he's right for the role then I will admit that I was wrong.

HOW EDGY.

First, you're wrong: The Joker is meticulous, but a perfectionist? He's more of an egotist if anything. Think about it: If someone told him something was wrong with his plan, what would be the first thing he'd do? Probably shoot the guy for questioning him. Then he might correct it, depending on the severity of the flaw and his mood at the time.

Smile burned on his face? I don't remember that in his origin story. Skin bleached, yes. But the smile is his and only his. He never had it burned on, not in the movie or the comics. Unless you can give me a story cite (My own would be The Killing Joke, where he shows no sign of being 'burned' and he actually frowns and looks sad at one point), I think you're simply mistaken. The whole "burned face" idea is a more recent idea, though that picture doesn't show it off as well as it could. I think there are some earlier pics that show it off much better, but c'est la vie.

At any rate, I like the costume. I don't think it's a complete fuck-up: The make-up is a little bit sloppy, but frankly I like it being a bit different as this is a different look at Batman. Think about Scarecrow: They only gave him a mask, but can you honestly say they "completely fucked him up"? For the style of film they are doing, where they are putting a more realistic version of Batman out there (I believe you called it "EDGY!"), I think it's fine. Him having perfect makeup wouldn't fit the universe he's in (though his clothing, in my opinion, is absolutely fantastic).

For the style of film they are doing, where they are putting a more realistic version of Batman out there (I believe you called it "EDGY!"), I think it's fine. Him having perfect makeup wouldn't fit the universe he's in (though his clothing, in my opinion, is absolutely fantastic).

I think that point is being overlooked. They're trying to make these films seem darker, closer to reality. Hence, Joker should be mesed up a bit.

Ledger looks great for this. Hopefully he acts well in this (I have alot of faith in him being able to pull this off).

Am I the only one who thinks if he was painted green with white hair he would look like Ledger dressed up as Yoda?

I dunno, maybe it's just the wrinkles.

Wow. A week or so ago, I decided to try out that Tip website that the paper gives you? Gave my email and my phone number.

Well, today, while I'm napping after class, I got a call on my cell. Basically I got a 3-minute verbal threat about why I shouldn't be harassing the police that are out there, risking their lives. It was easily the most surreal thing because I didn't look at the number and realize it was unknown number and suddenly someone was bitching me out and threatening me.

It also talked about some evidence, but I can't remember the evidence number offhand (the reception in my room was miserable). It probably relates to what Rando found.

Agreed, I like the Joker looking all messed up and demented. Not neat and tidy

Agreed. He fell into a vat of chemicals. Of course, his face should be messed up from the chemical burns. Although I believe IIRC, the original Batman film got around this issue by explaining that Joker had some plastic surgery to fix most of the damage.

Jack Nicholson is one of the greatest actors of all-time so anybody who got casted for the role of The Joker would have gotten the same flack as Ledger has. However having seen most of his work, Heath is a really good actor and I know he will do great in The Dark Knight.

I'm really glad that, even in the case of these leaked photos, they haven't revealed his giant grin yet. I hope that's the first thing we see upon his first entrance into the movie, kinda like The Laughing Fish (or any other Joker story), where a man in purple walks through public until someone looks at him in shock, and boom-there's the Joker, nothing but smiles.

I didn't know the Crow was in this movie. But seriously, those pics of Ledger look great. I agree with some that the make up and hair could be tidied up and still not lose any of the insanity vital to the character. The pics where he's looking up with a cold stare are very effective. The one's of him smiling, not so much. Looks drunk in those.

I'm still not fawning over these movies like the rest of the internet is. And the batsuit looks even worse than it did in Begins.

Those photos have re-installed my faith.

But the Batsuit looks naff, but it's always looked pretty naff. Unless Adam West is wearing it.

Taken from another forum, and it worked:

1877 530 CABS (From the Cab Website, http://www.gothamcab.com/)

then press star (*)

and type in 6773 to get something.

Edit: Go here to find a dedicated group of guys unearthing things about the dozen or so websites that are currently up. Damn, this is a fun marketing campaign! :D