TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

The Punisher is more underrated than Daredevil. I don't think DD is as terrible as everyone thought but I'll always defend Punisher over it as Tom Jane made a damn good Frank Castle.

I was gonna put that instead of DareDevil..

But I always thought that the Punisher was the most underrated Marvel movie.

No responses to X2 being the best Marvel movie?

Eh, I'd say it lacks the cohesion and character depth that Spider-Man 2 had. X-Men is another hard movie concept because there are so damn many of them, all with their own little side-stories, you end up ignoring or dishonoring some characters to look at others (Wolverine and Rogue compared to Cyclops or Storm, for example). It was certainly a great movie, but I'm not sure that even makes my Top 5 of Best Superhero movies.

Mine own list...

5) Batman

4) Spider-Man 2

3) Superman

2) Superman 2

1) Batman Begins

Perhaps we should create a "General Comic Book Movie" Thread to discuss such things?

Perhaps we should create a "General Comic Book Movie" Thread to discuss such things?

Probably a good idea. But what the heck are we gonna talk about in this thread for the next several grueling months waiting for this movie?

I WANT IT NOWii!

Wouldn't V for Vendetta be 1 or 2? In terms of Super Hero movies?

Sweet Jesus no. It's easily in my bottom five for raping the entire story. Read the Watchmen Movie thread for more on that one.

I knew Raimi didn't like Venom and yeah it sucks that Marvel practically forced him to include the character into the movie, but that doesn't give Sam the right to creatively fuck the character over. If it wasn't for Venom, Sony wouldn't have made all that fucking money for Spider-Man 3. Half way through it was getting good then right in the middle towards the end, it became a complete clusterfuck.

I would've been so much happier if Evil Spider-Man killed Sandman in the sewer (no surviving bullshit), went over to Harry's house right after killed him with the bomb, and then Peter feeling remouseful at the funeral. for killing his best friend accidentally went over to the church and took the suit off. Brock gets it. Camera zooms in the mouth. To Be Continued.

Yeah sure fans would've been pissed at a cliffhanger, but it would've been worth it than the bullshit we got in the final cut. I was always interested in how Spider-Man 3 would've been without Venom.

Maybe I misinterpreted the ending of Spiderman 3, but I never got the impression that Venom was "dead."

Well, they could always find a way to bring the Venom character back, but yeah Eddie Brock clearly got vaporized in the bomb explosion. You can even see his skeleton disintegrate.

Comic Book Superhero movies:

1) Batman Begins

2) Spiderman 2

3) Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

4) X-men 2

5) TIE: The Crow & Swamp Thing

Non-Superhero comic book movies:

1) AKIRA

2) Sin City

3) American Splendor

4) Ichi the Killer

5) Oldboy

The ONE thing I liked about the way they handled Venom was how Brock acted when Spiderman pulled him out of the symbiote. He wasn't all "omigod the alien goo made me evil, my bad!" It doesn't begin to make up for the rest of it, but that one tiny part I liked.

You know I will never get the love of AKIRA, yeah it looks awesome and everything. But isn't just a little overrated?

A little. It is one of a very few animes that I like.

I also didn't know that Ichi the Killer and Oldboy were based on comics. I'll have to look into that.

1.) Spider-Man 2

2.) Batman Begins

3.) X-Men

4.) Superman

5.) Blade II

6.) Daredevil - Screw the haters. I thought this film was great after watching the DC.

7.) Hulk

8.) The Punisher

9.) Fantastic Four - This would've been higher on the list if the final battle was longer.

10.) Ghost Rider - This could've been one of the best Marvel movies had they followed the source material. ARGH!

To make the list fair, I only picked what I thought was the best of the movie if it was in a trilogy. The Punisher and Fantastic Four are better films after viewing the Extended Cut versions. Also, I prefer the "dark" story over the family-oriented ones so my list is biased.

Just top Marvel though:

1.) Spider-Man 2

2.) X-Men

3.) Blade II

4.) Daredevil

5.) Hulk

Why not, my comic book list, not just super heroes

1. Spiderman 2

2. The Crow

3. Batman Begins

4. V for Vendetta

5. X2

6. Superman

7. Sin City

8. Spiderman

9. Superman II

10. Batman (1989)

I still don't get the love for Spidey 2. I fucking hated that movie for its entire 2-hour run. I agree with the casting choices - even Dunst - but the movie was...meh. I actually felt like the Goblin had a chance at ending Spidey in the first one, and Doc Oc deserved so much more than just a small fight here and there before dying while doing a face-turn.

My top 10 comic flicks...

1. The Crow

2. Batman Begins

3. X2: X-Men United

4. Sin City

5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

6. Batman ('89)

7. Blade II

8. Spider-Man

9. Hellboy

10. The Punisher

A little. It is one of a very few animes that I like.

I also didn't know that Ichi the Killer and Oldboy were based on comics. I'll have to look into that.

The 3-disc edition of Oldboy in the tin box comes with vol. 1 of the manga.

You know I will never get the love of AKIRA, yeah it looks awesome and everything. But isn't just a little overrated?

Overrated in what sense? It's not my number one favourite, but it is a pretty revolutionary piece of animation for it's time. I think the story just has this very epic feel to it, and the acting (Japanese) is just top-notch when it comes to voiceover work, it actually rivals a lot of live action performances. Plus, tons of people have cited it as their inspiration for other works that were hugely successful (movies, books, etc).

Oh, and here's my list of comic flix:

1. ICHI the Killer

2. Batman Begins

3. Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis

4. Hellboy

5. Katsuhiro Otomo's AKIRA

6. Spider-man

7. Oldboy

8. Sin City

9. The Crow

10. Death Note (it's a two-parter, but it helps to think of them as one long movie)

Now Sin City I do find overrated. I like it, but it's overkill. Everything that was wrong with 300 was also wrong with Sin City. (Oddly, I know a lot of people who really like 300. Apparently not so here, as nobody is talking about it much.) I think both movies are watchable, but wouldn't be in a top ten.

I won't make a top ten, as there wouldn't be much new to note, but I'll say that I like Batman Returns better than Batman 89.

Oh, and thanks for the tip re: Oldboy dvd.

Agreed with the Batman Returns > Batman 89. Hands down Returns is the best movie of the first major franchise of Batman movies.

As for Sin City.. it's okay.. I mostly like it for it's style though. 300, I hated. That movie can fuck right off. :)

Agreed with the Batman Returns > Batman 89. Hands down Returns is the best movie of the first major franchise of Batman movies.

As for Sin City.. it's okay.. I mostly like it for it's style though. 300, I hated. That movie can fuck right off. :)

300 is so overrated. Sin City is overrated too, but it's probably a better movie.

What about the old Punisher? I don't remember much of it, except the last scene where he killed a bunch of Japanese guys.

Overrated in what sense? It's not my number one favourite, but it is a pretty revolutionary piece of animation for it's time. I think the story just has this very epic feel to it, and the acting (Japanese) is just top-notch when it comes to voiceover work, it actually rivals a lot of live action performances. Plus, tons of people have cited it as their inspiration for other works that were hugely successful (movies, books, etc).

The storyline is pretty epic, but thats because it's something stupid like 15 years worth of manga wrapped up into one movie. I've watched it once (after being told how great it is) and have no desire to watch it again. I just don't think it's as good as a lot of people make it out to be. But I will agree that the animation is top notch.

As for Sin City, I'd actually say it's one of the better comic book movies as it sticks so closely to the source material.

My main problem with Spider-Man 3 is that it is basically two films crammed into one. One about Sandman, Parker gaining the symbiote and Venom and a second about the fall and redemption of Harry Osborne and the two are only merged (sloppily) at the very end of the film and it doesn't work. The second Green Goblin should have been its own movie.

Count me as someone who thought Batman Returns was better than Batman. I also liked Superman II a lot better than the first. And LOL to whoever said V for Vendetta was either 1 or 2.

1. Batman: Mask of The Phantasm (excellent film noir, and I believe TAS is the definitive interpretation of Batman)

2. Batman Begins

3. Superman II

4. The Crow

5. Sin City

6. Batman Returns

7. Batman

8. Superman

9. X-Men 2

10. Blade

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, and I thought it was a pretty cool touch, so I'll share it. I was at the movies and saw the poster with The Joker writing Why So Serious? for the first time in person, and I also noticed that it had something smaller written under the web address in font that looked like it had been written in jagged, bloody letters. But these letters were written upside down, backwards, and whatnot, so it was tough to make it out at a glance.

Today I got the other Why So Serious poster in the mail (I ordered it, it's not viral marketing) and noticed the same writing. Looking at it for the first time, I thought the letters were scrambled, but when I got it on my wall, I sat down and figured out that it spelled ATASTEFORTHETHEATRICAL. I know that's the site for the trailer, but I was just impressed that they made it just a little harder to find.

Oh, and this is definitely one of the coolest posters I've ever had.

So, how is today's event going to effect the post production, release, and marketing of the film?