TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

I'm just wondering how many more millions of dollars that the movie will make now that Ledger is dead.

well win lose or draw, his performance is going to immortalized and become famous (or infamous). I think the trailer alone showed enough manic energy in him to make people take notice, but now? Now EVERYBODY is going to be seeing this and paying particular attention to it.

That's the problem. People will try to make comparisons to the character and Heath Ledger, the person. "The signs were there", is something you can expect to read on various message boards and such.

I'm sure Heath may have had some ADR work to do on the film, May be a little Pick-Up Filming as well

But they should be able to work around that...

I was pretty hyped for the movie anyways but I'm positive i can watch it objectively given today's events I still think it will be good...

I loved Aaliyah but I can admit Queen of the Damned was a horrible movie eventhough she was pretty hot in it....

I know there is a thread about Heath's death, but this is what Jack said:

Jack Nicholson has hinted he warned tragic Heath Ledger against taking on the role of The Joker in the new Batman film. Ledger, 28 - who was declared dead at 3:30pm at his Manhattan apartment on Tuesday - publicly declared himself exhausted and sleep deprived in November following the grueling shoot for The Dark Knight. He also revealed in an interview with the New York Times he'd resorted to taking sleeping pills - an overdose of which is believed to be the cause of his death - in a desperate bid to catch up on rest. And Nicholson, who famously portrayed the menacing Joker in Tim Burton's 1989 movie Batman, implied to the waiting crowd outside plush London restaurant The Wolesley on Tuesday night he spoke to Ledger about his role in The Dark Knight - and warned him about the pitfalls of taking on such a demanding challenge. When asked by the London crowds for his reaction to Ledger's untimely demise, a defeated Nicholson simply replied, "I told him so." Batman Begins prequel The Dark Knight is due to be released in July.

Is this a prequel? Or is that just a typo?

Jack Nicholson has hinted he warned tragic Heath Ledger against taking on the role of The Joker in the new Batman film. Ledger, 28 - who was declared dead at 3:30pm at his Manhattan apartment on Tuesday - publicly declared himself exhausted and sleep deprived in November following the grueling shoot for The Dark Knight. He also revealed in an interview with the New York Times he'd resorted to taking sleeping pills - an overdose of which is believed to be the cause of his death - in a desperate bid to catch up on rest. And Nicholson, who famously portrayed the menacing Joker in Tim Burton's 1989 movie Batman, implied to the waiting crowd outside plush London restaurant The Wolesley on Tuesday night he spoke to Ledger about his role in The Dark Knight - and warned him about the pitfalls of taking on such a demanding challenge. When asked by the London crowds for his reaction to Ledger's untimely demise, a defeated Nicholson simply replied, "I told him so." Batman Begins prequel The Dark Knight is due to be released in July.

Is this a prequel? Or is that just a typo?

It's actually the sequel to BB, not a prequel.

What I wrote on my Myspace page:

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a huge comic book geek and the Joker is my favorite comic book character (more than Batman even). When I heard Heath Ledger was going to play my favorite comic book character, I spent the next few weeks renting movies that he played in from 10 Things I Hate About You to Brokeback Mountain so I could get familiar with his work. I find it ironic that he was reluctant to play the Joker at first, but as time went on he loved playing the character. He even locked himself in a hotel room for a month by himself, wrote the Joker's thoughts in a diary, and even lost massive amounts of sleep just to get into character. He was an impressive actor and it will be a honor to see to him play my favorite comic character in his last role.

And then I put this pic under it:

1201107962ftm3.jpg

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is still in production, Ledger was in London last weekend working on it.

He's been working on it since December, thus making it his last role.

TDK is in post-production.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is still in production, Ledger was in London last weekend working on it.

It's been scrapped, though, with no plans to ever finish or release it.

It's been scrapped, though, with no plans to ever finish or release it.

Ok, so it's all erased from memory and never happened.

Each and every one of you guys are absolutely correct.

The sad things is, even if people don't like his performance, they won't really be alowed to point it out because most net nerds will be like" HAV SUM RESPEKT 4 THE DED!!12"

Jack Nicholson has hinted he warned tragic Heath Ledger against taking on the role of The Joker in the new Batman film. Ledger, 28 - who was declared dead at 3:30pm at his Manhattan apartment on Tuesday - publicly declared himself exhausted and sleep deprived in November following the grueling shoot for The Dark Knight. He also revealed in an interview with the New York Times he'd resorted to taking sleeping pills - an overdose of which is believed to be the cause of his death - in a desperate bid to catch up on rest. And Nicholson, who famously portrayed the menacing Joker in Tim Burton's 1989 movie Batman, implied to the waiting crowd outside plush London restaurant The Wolesley on Tuesday night he spoke to Ledger about his role in The Dark Knight - and warned him about the pitfalls of taking on such a demanding challenge. When asked by the London crowds for his reaction to Ledger's untimely demise, a defeated Nicholson simply replied, "I told him so."

Nobody else finds like a little eerie? I got chills when I read that.

Did seem threatening.

Ah, who knows? The whole situation and the scenario's surrounding it are very odd.

As an actor, I can't see how one character can get under your skin so bad, that you

never recover.

It's weird that in ten years, people are going to be saying he died because of

"The Joker" character. And it seems as if Hollywood will push that down our

throats until it becomes a fact.

And the thing that bothers me, is that we will never know what actually

happened.

Did seem threatening.

Ah, who knows? The whole situation and the scenario's surrounding it are very odd.

As an actor, I can't see how one character can get under your skin so bad, that you

never recover.

Apparently Andy Griffith said he never wanted to play any really dark characters again since Lonesome Rhodes in A Face in the Crowd got into him so badly.

Jack Nicholson has hinted he warned tragic Heath Ledger against taking on the role of The Joker in the new Batman film. Ledger, 28 - who was declared dead at 3:30pm at his Manhattan apartment on Tuesday - publicly declared himself exhausted and sleep deprived in November following the grueling shoot for The Dark Knight. He also revealed in an interview with the New York Times he'd resorted to taking sleeping pills - an overdose of which is believed to be the cause of his death - in a desperate bid to catch up on rest. And Nicholson, who famously portrayed the menacing Joker in Tim Burton's 1989 movie Batman, implied to the waiting crowd outside plush London restaurant The Wolesley on Tuesday night he spoke to Ledger about his role in The Dark Knight - and warned him about the pitfalls of taking on such a demanding challenge. When asked by the London crowds for his reaction to Ledger's untimely demise, a defeated Nicholson simply replied, "I told him so."

Nobody else finds like a little eerie? I got chills when I read that.

this is dumb. if ledger died because he got addicted to sleeping pills, then he died because of an addiction to sleeping pills, not because of a role he took on. otherwise, the chain of causation could go on forever.

It seems like he was talking about the sleeping pills.

Yeah, he's already came out and clarified that the warning pertained to Ambien:

Later, at the premiere of his new film "The Bucket List," Nicholson reportedly said he "warns people about Ambien."

“I almost drove off a cliff once. I don’t take sleeping pills but somebody said ‘take this, it’s mild.'

Yeah, I saw the clip people are talking about. The reporters asked Jack for his reaction to Heath's death and Jack asked what happened and they told him it was drugs. Jack simply said "I warned him".