TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Oh.my.god.

Just when I think I can't get more amped for this movie, I see something like that trailer. What a bittersweet experience this movie's going to be for me.

Wow... I like the casualness that Ledger brought to his version of Joker.

Agreed. He makes it seem so seemless.

Yeah, that looked great. I wasn't as big a fan of Batman Begins as everyone else here -- I feel it was vastly overrated, in fact -- but I can safely say I'm really looking forward to this one.

I loved Batman Begins... but then I ignore the ending and stop paying attention just after Ra's leaves Wayne's house.

Up until then it's my favorite comic book movie ever.

Their need to put some kind of actiony ending on it hurt what they had built IMO.

But this movie looks absolutely incredible.

I'll be honest, at first, I really did not want Batman (1989) to be re-done and yeah while The Dark Knight isn't really a re-make, I really did not want to see a new Joker as I've always felt Jack Nicolson played the part extremely well, however after seeing everything for The Dark Knight now, I've changed my mind and I really want to see The Dark Knight. I've competely been sucked in.

I'll be honest, at first, I really did not want Batman (1989) to be re-done and yeah while The Dark Knight isn't really a re-make, I really did not want to see a new Joker as I've always felt Jack Nicolson played the part extremely well, however after seeing everything for The Dark Knight now, I've changed my mind and I really want to see The Dark Knight. I've competely been sucked in.

Difference is Ledger is playing the original Joker while Nicholson's Joker was a version that resulted in revised countless times over the decades resulting in him being more of a campy villain.

or

Ledger = scary crazy / Nicholson = funny crazy

Or...

Ledger = Joker / Nicholson = bad Cesar Romero impression

But I do love "Jacker"... "Hubba, hubba hubba, money, money, money, who do ya trust! Me? I'm givin' away free money! And where is the Batman? He's at home! Washin' his tights!" I quote his stuff all the time. But it's not the Joker.

Probably the closest Jack came to the real Joker was the joy buzzer scene, and the "I'm glad you're dead." business... that was actually kinda creepy.

I agree with you on the Joker teaser assessment. I was fascinated by the image of Batman looking down on the city.

I looked at it as Gotham City being a prison for Batman and him being stuck inside the cell. It seems that way with the way the windows appear.

We may have been on to something, pal...

batmanbreakskj2.th.jpg

Hong Kong theatrical banner

Nicholson = bad Cesar Romero impression

The difference is Nicholson was actually funny.

That trailer is pretty "meh". It's the first one that hasn't left me pumped for the film.

The flying at the end is pretty lame.

At first, I wasnt really supportive of the Joker dying, but now that Ledger's dead, I almost hope that something happens.

Indeed, I don't think I'd want it recast if they choose to use the character again down the road

Man, I don't even want them to use the character again, even if he didn't die. Joker is... a single arc type of guy, for film.

Only reason I'd ever want the Joker back was if they decided to bring in Harley, and now that Heath is dead, not even for that.

I wouldn't really care, personally. Regardless of Ledger, his supposed great performance and his death, Joker is Joker. He was around long before and will be around long after and nothing should take away from the option of using him. I'm optimistic that Ledger wouldn't want Nolan, etc., to change what was set here or planned for the future in regards to the Joker and I would hope others would see it the same way. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have picked up with Joker right away, anyway, allowing time for separation. If there were any plans in the future, just give it some time for things to pass, pick a good actor later, maybe one close to Ledger, and play it with respect. My ideal ending before and after Ledger's demise would be to see Batman sparing him and Joker in Arkham, as it's only appropriate. If we never see him again, fine, we know where he is. If we do, we have our tease, making it somewhat easier to adjust to the possibility, and enough time for Ledger's death to pass somewhat.

The threat of The Joker has to perpetually loom over Gotham, whether he's in Arkham or out on the streets. They're nailing every other aspect of The Joker, it looks like, so I think they'll do something like CBright said.