TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

I just thought The New Batman Adventures was a huge step down in quality. The animation sucked, didn't like Tim Drake as Robin, and some of the character's new looks were awful. The Penguin and Scarecrow were the only ones helped by the new look. None of the episodes were as good as the old series either. I mean Batman: The Animated Series was just awesome. It had terrific episodes like "Heart of Ice", "Robin's Reckoning", "The Laughing Fish", etc.

I just thought The New Batman Adventures was a huge step down in quality. The animation sucked, didn't like Tim Drake as Robin, and some of the character's new looks were awful. The Penguin and Scarecrow were the only ones helped by the new look. None of the episodes were as good as the old series either. I mean Batman: The Animated Series was just awesome. It had terrific episodes like "Heart of Ice", "Robin's Reckoning", "The Laughing Fish", etc.

You must not have seen episodes like "Legend of the Dark Knight", "Over the Edge", and "Mad Love"

I mostly didn't like the new design of the Joker.

Yeah, Joker's redesign was a little too out there.

Thankfully they changed back for "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" and "Justice League"

You must not have seen episodes like "Legend of the Dark Knight", "Over the Edge", and "Mad Love"

I found "Legends of the Dark Knight" to be pointless, and "Over the Edge" was cool for a while until I realized that the events in the episode really couldn't be happening, and then it turned out to be a dream. Sort of like "Perchance to Dream". I haven't seen "Mad Love", but I've heard its great, as it explains how Harley Quinn falls in love with the Joker. There was one hideous episode called "Critters" I think. I don't remember any episodes in Batman: The Animated Series being as bad as that one. Maybe "I've Got Batman in my Basement".

Agree on the Joker redesign. That was probably the only one I really didn't like. Also - Over the Edge was all kinds of awesome.

I need to go back and watch "What Is Reality", and see if I like it any better. I thought it was just too bizarre or something. Does anyone else think that Catwoman wasn't in very good episodes? The only one she was in that I thought was good was "Catwalk". I might need to go back and watch "The Demon's Quest" too, to see if I like it any better.

I need to go back and watch "What Is Reality", and see if I like it any better. I thought it was just too bizarre or something. Does anyone else think that Catwoman wasn't in very good episodes? The only one she was in that I thought was good was "Catwalk". I might need to go back and watch "The Demon's Quest" too, to see if I like it any better.

Catwoman had some pretty good eps later in the series IMO.

There's "Almost Go Him"...but that was a collection of villains there.

There's the two eps where she doesn't team with Batman..."Batgirl Returns" from the first run, and then in New Batman Adventures there's a team-up she has with Nightwing.

And there's also an ep which I can't remember the name of where she's hired and double crossed by The Ventriliquist.

Didn't know about this. Apparently now that The Batman (animated) is over, there's another animated series starting up for the Dark Knight. Batman: The Brave & The Bold starts this November.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php...news&id=213

July 25, 2008 by James Harvey

Cartoon Network has set a new November 2008 premiere date for Batman: The Brave and The Bold.

The World's Finest has learned that Cartoon Network has set a new premiere date for Batman: The Brave and The Bold. The new Batman animated series is now set to premiere Friday, November 14th, 2008. After being originally announced for a Fall 2008 premiere, the network pushed the series back to March 2009. Now, the series is moving forward to November 2008. The series will feature Batman teaming up with Blue Beetle, Black Canary, The Flash, Metamorpho, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, and many others.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Preview video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpXSPJZr65s

Interesting animation style. Reminds me a bit of Venture Brothers.

Don't really like that they're using the classic style for characters, but Jaime Reyes (Blue Beetle) in a cartoon = Cool.

And there's also an ep which I can't remember the name of where she's hired and double crossed by The Ventriliquist.

That would be "Catwalk". That episode was awesome. I really don't like the idea of Jolie as Catwoman though. Like someone else said, the lips are too distracting.

I just have the feeling that Jolie would take away from the movie just given how she's viewed in the media. The less "Hollywood Darlings" in this series, the better, IMO. It's kind of like how Katie Homes entire Tom Cruise fiasco kind of messed with the press for the first movie.

just have the feeling that Jolie would take away from the movie just given how she's viewed in the media. The less "Hollywood Darlings" in this series, the better, IMO. It's kind of like how Katie Homes entire Tom Cruise fiasco kind of messed with the press for the first movie.

Yeah, I agree.

Saw it again, kind of wanted to walk out after the scene on the rooftop...

Agreed. I saw it again this week and after the Joker got his screen time I thought about taking off myself. It's a shame they took a serious Batman bad guy like Two Face (who could carry an entire movie as a main bad guy) and just used him for like the last 1/4 of the movie

While Heath was the best, naw, I wouldn't take off after his time.

He actually overshadowed everyone else, but after a few viewings, I'm really appreciating a lot of the supporting roles. Eric Roberts is fuckin' great as Maroni, I honestly didn't even pick up on it until the third viewing.

Ok, this made me laugh:

Edge will reportedly play bad guy Egghead in the next Batman movie. Filming is set to start in February of 2004, which would be right around the time he’d be cleared to return to the ring. The tie-in is that the screenwriter is David Goyer, who is friends with Hunter and helped land him the role in the Blade movie he’s currently filming.

I think I remember hearing this bogus rumour before, but it was funny to hear again.

They should make a movie about that guy from the BTAS episode "Prophecy of Doom" (apparently that's Bruce Timm's least favourite episode of anything in the entire DCAU).

Oh god, NO! I can understand why he hates that episode, it was HORRIBLE. Even though I love Batman:The Animated Series, there were some really awful episodes in that series, such as "The Underdwellers", "I've Got Batman in my Basement","Eternal Youth","Cat Scratch Fever", and others.

Saw it again, kind of wanted to walk out after the scene on the rooftop...

Agreed. I saw it again this week and after the Joker got his screen time I thought about taking off myself. It's a shame they took a serious Batman bad guy like Two Face (who could carry an entire movie as a main bad guy) and just used him for like the last 1/4 of the movie

It's a shame people still don't get why they did it that way...

Prophecy of Doom was one of the weaker episodes, IMO. I wouldn't call it the worst episode, though.

I don't know if I would call it the worst episode either. But, yeah, its definitely in the top 3 or so. I think "The Underdwellers" was worst, but not by much.

All this talk of the animated series.. anyone picking up the complete collection this fall? I think I may, for the packaging and artbook, and just sell off the separate sets.

I already downloaded and burend all of the seasons a while back. Still have to go through most of the episodes, though- I've only watched season 4, since I never saw it on tv.

Yes, it comes in a big box and comes with a booklet. Plus it's cheaper than the 4 sets would be individually (though as I mentioned earlier, Amazon is having a sale on those so that's not true at the moment).

I'm hoping that it gets a Blu Ray release as well, as I would love to have the series in High Def. I figure I am only "double-dipping" for things I already have if it's a movie or series that I'm really into, and Batman is definitely one of them. ;)