TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

I saw the film on Imax last week. I enjoyed it, but liked Batman Begins more. An issue I had was that the sound was too damn loud. Granted, that is really a problem with the industry itself, but it was so loud that it detracted from the experience. Dialogue during action scenes was particularly hard to make out due to the distortion. Sod the loudness wars.

I don't think I've ever heard this reasoning for liking one movie in a series over the other ever in my life.

My above post wasn't very clear. The loud sound wasn't much of a factor in my liking the first film more than the new one. It was more of a general issue I had with watching the film in the theater. Strictly speaking about the film itself, I just enjoyed the story, action, and atmosphere of Batman Begins a bit more.

How would you describe their seemingly instinctual tendency to automatically go against whatever the mainstream happens to think, then?

How would you describe their seemingly instinctual tendency to automatically go against whatever the mainstream happens to think, then?

That's not really being a hipster. That's just being a contrarian. Anarchist punk bands automatically go against the mainstream but I'd never consider them hipsters!

Jesus almighty, that's just terrible. She spends half the review babbling about how the visual storytelling is supposedly nonexistant, which is just a blatant lie. Then the guy says that he wishes the movie was less comic bookish and more realistic; odd, considering this is about the least fantastical comic book movie ever made. And then finally they both spend some time talking about how you can apparently see how the Joker is really so lonely and tormented down deep inside and how they felt sorry for him... what?! The only time the Joker ever shows any vulnerability whatsoever is when he's explaining how he got his scars, and since he tells multiple contradictory versions of that story, I tend to think he's just being manipulative.

Maybe they were disappointed that the movie wasn't more like Darren Aronofsky's unpublished screenplay where Bruce Wayne was homeless and Alfred was an overweight African American mechanic named Big Al.

Haha, that Aronofsky script sounds like an Iron Man storyline I read about where Tony Stark lost his fortune or something and ended up as a homeless bum for a while until Jim Rhodes helped him out.

Well, maybe cut down on the 'omg his face is rotting off!' look.

That's all there is to it... Other than that, it's just a guy in a suit.

Looks like Psycho Mantis.

"She's the most beautiful woman in the world, but she wears glasses, because she's the smartest too."

"She's the most beautiful woman in the world, but she wears glasses, because she's the smartest too." might be my favorite quote in the script but I also really liked "Every time BATMAN is about to crash into a civilian, the camera enters ultra slow motion and we see him barely squeeze by, frame by frame. This happens seventeen times."

Guest Vitamin X

It's also got to be 100% fake, if no one caught on already. Bay's never even written a script before, just directed and produced, and even if he did he would know a lot of that is totally incorrect scriptwriting (particularly the descriptive stuff in the narrative sections, that's NEVER done in actual scripts).

Funny stuff though, still.

The only time the Joker ever shows any vulnerability whatsoever is when he's explaining how he got his scars, and since he tells multiple contradictory versions of that story, I tend to think he's just being manipulative.

Oh by the way, he tells two versions, not that many. I would have preferred more, but I guess they didn't want to make a gag of it.

But I do find the Joker a sympathetic character, as, you know, he doesn't have to be vulnerable to be lonely and tormented.

It's also got to be 100% fake, if no one caught on already. Bay's never even written a script before, just directed and produced, and even if he did he would know a lot of that is totally incorrect scriptwriting (particularly the descriptive stuff in the narrative sections, that's NEVER done in actual scripts).

Funny stuff though, still.

Well, duh.

TDK is probably going to win again this weekend. First movie to do 4 in a row since Return of the King

The only time the Joker ever shows any vulnerability whatsoever is when he's explaining how he got his scars, and since he tells multiple contradictory versions of that story, I tend to think he's just being manipulative.

Oh by the way, he tells two versions, not that many. I would have preferred more, but I guess they didn't want to make a gag of it.

But I do find the Joker a sympathetic character, as, you know, he doesn't have to be vulnerable to be lonely and tormented.

He was going to tell a third to Batman.

I saw DK yesterday. I thought it was an excellent film but the last 30 minutes or so dragged a bit. I also think Batman Begins was better. Heath definartely gave ab Oscar worthy performance.