TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

holy fuck incredible. Felt like I seen three movies in this bitch. The part where Joker makes his escape and flees in the cop car felt like it could have been the ending and the beginning to a trilogy.

Loved it.

Jesus almighty, that's just terrible. She spends half the review babbling about how the visual storytelling is supposedly nonexistant, which is just a blatant lie. Then the guy says that he wishes the movie was less comic bookish and more realistic; odd, considering this is about the least fantastical comic book movie ever made. And then finally they both spend some time talking about how you can apparently see how the Joker is really so lonely and tormented down deep inside and how they felt sorry for him... what?! The only time the Joker ever shows any vulnerability whatsoever is when he's explaining how he got his scars, and since he tells multiple contradictory versions of that story, I tend to think he's just being manipulative.

I know I'm a bit late with this, but I just watched this video and the two people in the video made me believe that they're either two community theater actors who think they know everything there is to know about acting and directing or making a movie/play/performance piece or they're a couple of acting coaches that take themselves way to seriously.

Jesus almighty, that's just terrible. She spends half the review babbling about how the visual storytelling is supposedly nonexistant, which is just a blatant lie. Then the guy says that he wishes the movie was less comic bookish and more realistic; odd, considering this is about the least fantastical comic book movie ever made. And then finally they both spend some time talking about how you can apparently see how the Joker is really so lonely and tormented down deep inside and how they felt sorry for him... what?! The only time the Joker ever shows any vulnerability whatsoever is when he's explaining how he got his scars, and since he tells multiple contradictory versions of that story, I tend to think he's just being manipulative.

I know I'm a bit late with this, but I just watched this video and the two people in the video made me believe that they're either two community theater actors who think they know everything there is to know about acting and directing or making a movie/play/performance piece or they're a couple of acting coaches that take themselves way to seriously.

Or they're just idiots.

Or they're just idiots.

I believe all of his scenarios incorporate this theory.

Not necessarily. I've done community theater. I certainly act like I know everything there is to know about acting and directing or making a movie/play/performance piece. Yet even I'm nowhere near as idiotic or pretentious as those tards. They weren't just misinterpreting the movie or going against the critical consensus, they were absolutely making shit up and fabricating things out of thin air.

I love when she is talking about comic books fans should demand more visually with shots of the diesel flipping, Joker hanging out of the cop car (my favorite visual in the whole movie, if you care to know), and Batman standing on a bunch of rubble. All of which are great visuals.

She's just being contrarian for the sake of being different.

Edit: Dialogue telling a story is lazy? Yeah, now I want to find these people and beat them to death with a lead pipe or some other rusty blunt object.

"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from
-Robert Downey Jr.

Guest Smues
"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from
-Robert Downey Jr.

Awesome.

...only decidedly less cool, considering he needs a suit of armor to keep him, y'know, ALIVE, whereas Batman uses some gadgets but usually fights with just his hands...

Really...fuck DC Comics because a director decided to make a psychologically intense drama out of a man who dresses up like a bat to fight criminals? Well, then fuck Downey Jr. for US Marshalls.

You can practically see the jealousy dripping off his words. He's an intelligent guy, he memorizes entire scripts for his movies, there's more going on there than just "not getting it."

Yeah, probably the fact that the Ironman franchise he'll be apart of will be the perfect example of the fun comic book movie standard, while this reboot will be the one that transcends it. But why care, Rob? Ironman is gonna launch your career to Depp levels.

You can practically see the jealousy dripping off his words. He's an intelligent guy, he memorizes entire scripts for his movies, there's more going on there than just "not getting it."

Of course he gets it. The movie is not that smart is what he is getting at. Sure its smart to the normal hollywood comic book movie fan but there are much deeper movies out there that don't get as much credit as Dark knight.

Hm, I don't know. I think it's super smart. I relate to the Joker so much that it actually freaks me out somewhat, and I really don't understand myself at all, and it's like "Yeah... that's it." Haven't really felt like that since Tyler Durden. I think it really portrays a self described "agent of chaos" in a way that few movies do.

Yeah, Joker was a cool character, but the underlying themes of the movie are basically spelled out for you. Perfect for the audience for this movie (regular assholes, makes them feel smart that they "figured it out" and gives them something to talk about and relate to others with), but anyone that has to see this movie more than once to understand it is clealy retarded.

I'm not going to read these past pages but...

Did Harvey Dent actually die? All we know is that Gordon and Batman said "no one needs to know". Yes I know there was a memorial speech for him, but that doesn't mean Dent was actually there.

I'm sure I'm over-analyzing it.

I'm not going to read these past pages but...

Did Harvey Dent actually die? All we know is that Gordon and Batman said "no one needs to know". Yes I know there was a memorial speech for him, but that doesn't mean Dent was actually there.

I'm sure I'm over-analyzing it.

Yeah, we talked about it a whole bunch. General consensus is

he's probably really dead

but there were a few who disagreed.

...do we really need the spoiler tags anymore? I mean, if you're in this thread and haven't seen it by now...

-Robert Downey Jr.

1:20-1:39