TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Guest Smues
I think whether or not Batman knew is one of the more ambiguous calls to make. I don't think he was in on it. Unless crashing and nearly getting killed by the Joker was all part of the plan.

www.the-editing-room.com has been one of my favorite sites for years. He finally got around to The Dark Knight. Check it out.

By the way, the first few pages of this thread are really funny in hindsight.

It's possibly my favorite script he's done so far, maybe 2nd to Star Wars Episode 3 or Transformers. The comments section for the Dark Knight script is pretty funny too.

Johnny Depp Talks Riddler

Johnny Depp has been out talking about the fake rumors pegging him as the new Riddler in the sequel to The Dark Knight.

DarkHorizons caught him talking to a radio show, where he confirmed again what we already know but nobody seems to be able to get through their heads. There is no sequel yet folks. When asked if the movie is being cast yet Depp says, “Not that I know of.” It isn’t being cast, it doesn’t have a director, and Johnny Depp hasn’t been hired or talked to about being in it. It seems like I can’t say that enough, since people keep insisting that the contrary is true.

However, Johnny Depp as the Riddler is at least actually a good idea, unlike some of the other false casting rumors which have been floating around. Example: Mickey Rooney as Riddler. No really, people actually believed that. If they do make a sequel to The Dark Knight and if that sequel does indeed include the Riddler, I can’t think of anyone better for the role than Depp. Johnny’s interest in doing it though, is hard to gauge. When asked if he’d be up for it he said, “It seems like it'd be a fun gig for a while, yeah.”

Embed of interview provided:

Depp's open to playing the Ridder? That is SO awesome.

Edit: Great to hear about Two-Face. Time for some other villains to be used.

I don't know why people thougth Two-Face would have been alive, since they would have shown him in Arkham or something if he lived. I mean, I thought it was pretty clear that he died at the end, at least for me. Depp as the Riddler can be pretty good, as I think he would put an interesting spin on the role.

Yeah, Two-Face seemed pretty dead to me.

I hate the fact that they took one of the top 3 or 4 Batman baddies and used him for the last 1/4 of the movie and killed him off though. Two Face could have carried his own movie as the man bad guy

I hate the fact that they took one of the top 3 or 4 Batman baddies and used him for the last 1/4 of the movie and killed him off though. Two Face could have carried his own movie as the man bad guy

Eh, I don't know about that. I thought all that needed to be told about Two-Face was done in that movie, like Harvey Dent's fight against crime, and then his tragic downfall after a horrible disfigurement, and going insane, becoming the very thing he fought against.

Yeah...it annoys me a little when people (and this isn't really directed at you YNA, I have friends that do this too) say they "wasted" Two Face...or he could have had his own movie.

I don't get it.

Anything that they change would take away from the last movie...which I wouldn't want to see since it was the most f'ing awesome Batman movie ever.

And Two Face pretty much had his own movie. It was callled The Dark Knight. His was the main storyline in the movie...and the fall of Harvey Dent is far more interesting than watching him flip a coin for 2 hours while pulling off capers.

"Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it's the chilling sound of your doom."

Cringe-inducing.

No line in Batman & Robin is as bad as Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever saying "Nothing like a bad case of gas!"

"You're skating on thin ice... my passion thaws for my bride alone."

I watched the Rifftrax for B&R a couple weeks ago and I have to say, awful as the movie is, I actually enjoyed Ahnold serving up large slices of delicious ham, which were actually quite amusing and the best thing (well, least offensive thing) about the movie.

Uma Thurman's awful rendition of Mae West, however, is still cringe-inducing

Thats the funniest thing about that movie. People make fun of Arnold, saying he killed the movie, yet he's the only thing watchable about it. For example: There was a really boring middle part of the movie, where Freeze is locked up at Arkham, and the movie's pace is stopped dead in its tracks, and has a lot of boring scenes.

Well, talking about the Schumacher movies does make for great comedy. Count me in as well thinking that Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face being the worst villain in the previous series.

Being the snarker I am, I have a harder time writing about movies I liked and enjoyed (such as TDK) than I do about those that are awful

I dunno if it's been said yet but I think that a beefed-up Javier Bardem could be an amazing Bane. Amazing Spanish actor who's already shown that he can play the calculating villain role with ease.