TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Yeah, Blue Ray players are supposed to upconvert regular DVDs, at least I know that occurs with the PS3....

Cool. There's some movies that I don't really think are needed for blu ray, so thats good to know.

Is this the previously talked about IMAX rerelease or are they putting it back on regular screens too?

They said they were doing this to keep it fresh in the academy voters minds (as if they'd somehow forget in the year of the batman) but something tells me it might have something to do with that money, money. ...yeah yeah.

Is this the previously talked about IMAX rerelease or are they putting it back on regular screens too?

They said they were doing this to keep it fresh in the academy voters minds (as if they'd somehow forget in the year of the batman) but something tells me it might have something to do with that money, money. ...yeah yeah.

Yes, it really does have to do with the money, as someone mentioned earlier, its just short of a billion dollars worldwide. I have to wonder, will the academy try to make up excuses to not nominate The Dark Knight for best picture?

They have the best excuse ever...it's a genre movie.

Anything more than Ledger getting a supporting nomination would just be gravy anyway. It's not going to win anything of importance.

I get the feeling that they're happy with their billion dollar boobyprize though...

They have the best excuse ever...it's a genre movie.

Anything more than Ledger getting a supporting nomination would just be gravy anyway. It's not going to win anything of importance.

I get the feeling that they're happy with their billion dollar boobyprize though...

Chicago was a women in prison movie with singing and dancing, and it won Best Picture.

Eh. I partially agree, but your last sentence is wrong. Ledger was getting buzz before he died. People were saying his performance was going to be incredible.

Musicals are nominated for and win lots of oscars. Comic book movies are currently sitting at 0.

I know, I'm just saying, their "genre picture" argument would be full of balognia.

Well, I think The Dark Knight is the first comic book movie to jump out of the genre, as the movie is more like a crime drama rather than a comic book superhero film. Thats the reason why the movie has probably been getting oscar buzz, not just for Ledger, but maybe even for best picture. I also agree that Eckhart deserves oscar worthy praise too, but that will be kind of hard since he's in the same film as Ledger's Joker.

Listen, call me crazy if you like, but Eckhart deserves the best supporting nod just as much as Ledger does. Maybe if he overdosed too, he'd have a better chance.

Fuck that, it's the Oscars and they like to look at impactful performances no matter how long the screen time. Give that Best Supporting nod to Tiny Lister.

Yeah Oldman was awesome as well, but Ledger and Eckhart carried the film. Eckhart moreso for the fact he had to play BOTH the perfect hero AND the perfect villain/anti-hero all in two hours and make it all work. It's, in my opinion, much easier to play the same sort of character all film long, even as chaotic as the role is.

I'm on the Eckhart was just as good as Ledger fence as well. He did a hell of a job in all of his scenes, if anything I'd say Bale was the underperformer in the movie. Even Michael Caine brought something to the table with his limited role.

Rare, but it happens... Amadeus, for example, had Tom Hulce and F. Murray Abraham both nominated for supporting actor.

F. Murray won Best Actor.

I think TDK will get a Best Picture nod. The ratings for the Oscars are plummetting, and they need a big movie to get nominated this year.

I'm on the Eckhart was just as good as Ledger fence as well. He did a hell of a job in all of his scenes, if anything I'd say Bale was the underperformer in the movie. Even Michael Caine brought something to the table with his limited role.

I didn't think Bale underperformed at all. If I had to pick the underperformer, it was probably Maggie Gyllenhaal. I wouldn't say its her fault, as I don't think Rachel was a very good character. She was better than Katie Holmes, but then again, that was expected.

Listen, call me crazy if you like, but Eckhart deserves the best supporting nod just as much as Ledger does. Maybe if he overdosed too, he'd have a better chance.

I've been saying since I saw the movie that if people were talking about Ledger as Oscar worthy, that Eckhart and Oldman should get just as much praise, as I thought they were just as good, if not better in some places than Ledger was.

I didn't think Bale underperformed at all. If I had to pick the underperformer, it was probably Maggie Gyllenhaal. I wouldn't say its her fault, as I don't think Rachel was a very good character. She was better than better than Katie Holmes, but then again, that was expected.

I'm sorry, but Bale as super raspy smokers voice Batman annoyed the hell out of me.

I didn't think Bale underperformed at all. If I had to pick the underperformer, it was probably Maggie Gyllenhaal. I wouldn't say its her fault, as I don't think Rachel was a very good character. She was better than better than Katie Holmes, but then again, that was expected.

I'm sorry, but Bale as super raspy smokers voice Batman annoyed the hell out of me.

"You hear that? *cough... cough... cough* That's this city.... *GAEEAGGGHHHH!* Sorry hairball... this city showing you what kind of people live here"

Yeah, I butchered the quote, but that's what I thought was going to happen during "Batman Talk" time.

I will concede that Maggie was probably the least strongest in the movie. It's not even that I think Bale did a bad job or phoned it in. I just think he was outclassed by the higher caliber of actors he was working with. He's definitely the best batman in my opinion. I guess it could be worse(even though I'm a huge fan of David Duchovny's work) they could have picked David Duchovny as Batman. He's a name that's been tossed around to play the character since before Batman and Robin and then again when Batman Begins was being cast according to a few movie sites.

Most of the time that you hear complaints about Bale's acting in this film, it's solely for his Batman voice. I think that the voice is 1) necessary for the character, as he had to disguise his voice and try to sound almost supernatural as he wanted to strike fear into the hearts of the criminals, and 2) a choice of the director. I think Bale did a wonderful job in this movie, but a lot of people just did not like the voice.

I didn't hear many complaints from Batman Begins when he yelled at Flass, "SWEAR TO ME!"

I just like that they bothered to use a different voice for Batman. In theory...Wayne is the most famous man in town. If he didn't disguise his voice...everyone would know who he is right away. They didn't do that in the last Batman series.