TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Also keep in mind that the scene that gets the most complaints-when Batman quotes Harvey's line about heroes and villains-he is short of breath and grunting because he just survived a three story fall.

(Psychology~! Selling~!)

Is this the previously talked about IMAX rerelease or are they putting it back on regular screens too?

They said they were doing this to keep it fresh in the academy voters minds (as if they'd somehow forget in the year of the batman) but something tells me it might have something to do with that money, money. ...yeah yeah.

It's too bad it isnt being re-released in the IMAX because I never got to seeing it there, and would gladly do so if it came back. In a regular theater though.....nah.

It's ironic they are talking of a re-release as well as its still playing on a good amount of screens nationwide, mostly in the discount second run ones. I think it was even still pulling about 200-300K a week as of a few weeks ago. Not quite sure how it can even be called a "re-release" in that case anyway.

Another idea that would really get them to justify a re-release....if they added addtional Heath Ledger scenes or even a quick 10-15 minute piece regarding him, although I'm sure we will see such in the DVD release anyway, in the special features, deleted scenes, etc.

One would think they would figure something special out to really get people back in the theaters again to see it one more time, hopefully passing the billion dollar mark in the process.

Guest Smues

I liked the Dark Knight. I thought it was a REALLY GOOD BUT NOT GREAT movie. And I understand why others think it is GREAT. But this dick sucking of everything that is DARK KNIGHT on the internet treating it like OMG BEST MOVIE EVER and ignoring ANY criticism of it makes me hope it stays #2 in domestic gross behind TITANIC. A movie I FUCKING HATED. Good job internet. Titanic was fucking awful.

*yes, I'm drunk. I'd feel the same sober, I just wouldn't bother to post it. OFFER BURNT SACRIFICES TO THE ALL MIgHTy DARK KnIGHT. HAIL DARK KnIGHT, HAIL DARK KNIGHT!

I liked the Dark Knight. I thought it was a REALLY GOOD BUT NOT GREAT movie. And I understand why others think it is GREAT. But this dick sucking of everything that is DARK KNIGHT on the internet treating it like OMG BEST MOVIE EVER and ignoring ANY criticism of it makes me hope it stays #2 in domestic gross behind TITANIC. A movie I FUCKING HATED. Good job internet. Titanic was fucking awful.

*yes, I'm drunk. I'd feel the same sober, I just wouldn't bother to post it. OFFER BURNT SACRIFICES TO THE ALL MIgHTy DARK KnIGHT. HAIL DARK KnIGHT, HAIL DARK KNIGHT!

I actually agree with you about it being really good but not great. I've stated before to people, and maybe on here when it first came out, that I saw TDK the same weekend as HELLBOY II and thought that HELLBOY was mch better. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did TDK. I don't hate on anyone for liking TDK, but as Smues stated, it's far from the best movie ever as some people like to make it out to be.

I think part of the reason, well at least my reasoning, as to why I like it maybe more than I should is because I liked Batman Beings so much. And to me, The Dark Knight was like a better Batman Begins. Add waiting for the movie to come out for a few years, reading each update on what's going on, how the Joker is going to look, etc. all that adds to anticipation, and when the movie turns out to be really good, it's going to be looked at a bit better than it would have if there was no buildup.

Again, I ask, what is it to you (or anyone else) if some people say that this is the best movie they've ever seen? Seriously, why do you give THAT much of a shit what someone else's "best movie ever" is?

Because it's not Ghostbusters, which IS the greatest fucking movie ever made.

Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins, & Frank Darabont say hello.

The Dark Knight is in my Top 5.

I think some people underestimate how long some of us have been waiting for this kind of Batman-Joker story on film, and how much love some people have for this Killing Joke esque dynamic between the two. This movie has everything I ever wanted out of a Joker story, it's fantastic. Its almost like an alternate version of TKJ, in which Joker targets Harvey instead of Gordon. I can't wait to get it on DVD today :headbang:

(Incidently that movie with Freeman, Robbins, and Darabont is my #1)

Picked up the 2 disc special edition, and I must say I am not impressed. 2 Featuretts, Gotham Tonight news blurgs, and all of the IMAX-filmed scenes presented in their correct display ratio, trailers, a free digital copy- and that's it. I remember reading that there were going to be a bunch more special features, and for twenty bucks... I'm seriously thinking about exchanging this for the one disc edition.

Picked up the 2 disc special edition, and I must say I am not impressed. 2 Featuretts, Gotham Tonight news blurgs, and all of the IMAX-filmed scenes presented in their correct display ratio, trailers, a free digital copy- and that's it. I remember reading that there were going to be a bunch more special features, and for twenty bucks... I'm seriously thinking about exchanging this for the one disc edition.

is the digital copy iPod compatible?

is the digital copy iPod compatible?

Yup. That's a plus, but at the same time I could have bought the one disc version, then ripped the movie to my iPod.

If the Digital copy is anything like how Disney does theirs, it's more of a voucher to DL from iTunes

Did Best Buy have anything good with their 2-disc, I didn't get my ad on Sunday?

I'll just wait and see if I get it for Christmas. The Batman Begins giftset was infinitely better than all the special sets released with TDK other than the Blu-ray Batpod or the FYE steelcase

Just picked up the two-disc set, and the ol' lady is about to make it home. Time to settle in and watch this thing on the new 65" TV!

The blu-ray edition is on it's way to my house. Are the special features the same as the standard 2-disc'r?

The Blue Ray disc also includes: Batman Tech - the incredible gadgets and tools Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of the Dark Knight - delve into the psyche of Bruce Wayne and the world of Batman througn real-world psychology. These two specials were on the History Channel when TDK first came out, and were pretty interesting. I was looking forward to getting these with the normal version... silly me.

Because it's not Ghostbusters, which IS the greatest fucking movie ever made.

Amen to that.

Anyway I'm sure we've all read about the poor transfer to standard DVD that was done (along with the missing extras that only Blu-Ray snobs get) just to ensure more Blu-Ray sales. Has anyone else noticed the transfer issues that were complained about, or we the people who got review copies just looking too hard?

I dunno but after managing to score my 1 disc copy from Best Buy today for $10 (Reward Certificate for $5 which brought it from $15) I'm not even gonna argue about it.

I never even bother with the extras for some reason.

I am watching it right now and the one thing that does stick out to me is Batman's grunt voice.

I know much was said of it during it's theatrical run, and honestly I don't remembering noticing/being that bothered by it watching the movie for the first time, but watching the movie now after kind of knowing to listen for it makes it really stick out and seem overbearingly annoying.