TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

I, for one, think it would be much better if Batman spoke in the same voice as Bruce Wayne. In fact, he should parade around with glow in the dark paint on his suit that says I AM BRUCE WAYNE. Disguising yourself is annoying.

And I say it's not... I can see why people WOULD find it annoying, but I don't mind it. It's not like Kevin Conroy didn't get all gruff with his voice in B:TAS. Sure, not THAT gruff, but still.

I had no complaints on the quality of the transfer. It looked amazing, even on the new TV, and the size of this TV would allow you to pick up on a poor picture.

Well that's good to know. I'm a bit concerned that the complaint I read was mostly about the way black turns up, and black often looks bad on my TV (it had bits of green in it on many SD broadcasts), but we'll see after Christmas.

Not long ago, Batman-On-Film reported that the buzz out of Chicago was that a production office for "BATMAN 3" would open in early 2009. Now, some scuttlebutt has shown up online via Ted Casablanca and E! that may support those rumors.

The next BATMAN installment is alive and kicking—definitely......Warners sources are leaking to us that Rachel Weisz is being considered for the Catwoman. But Warners officially isn't saying bubkes. But other insiders working on the next installment, to follow up where THE DARK KNIGHT left off, say it's all so a go.

Despite some recent interviews in which he down-played the possibility of returning as director again, Christopher Nolan will for sure be back directing the third flick, we're assured by a production mole. Christian Bale will obviously rejoin his director pal....

By the by, even though Warners did not comment on any of the above movie talk, additional studio sources did confirm it's certainly "expected" Bale and Nolan will be back, pending a script which is being written as we gossip.

All I'll say is this jibes big-time with what I've been hearing off the record -- remember those criptic "All's well with BATMAN 3" comments? Anyway...

We shall see.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN3_B3-a...n_12-11-08.html

Interesting stuff. Nothing too surprising, except for the Weisz rumor. BOF was nice enough to find a picture of her in a skintight black catsuit type of outfit, so check it out. And of course, Batman-on-Film is one of the more reliable websites when it comes to....Batman movies.

I still think that if they are going to have The Riddler, it shouldn't be Johnny Depp, but should be Crispin Clover.

Im not sure how big of a threat Catwomen could be compared with the likes of The Riddler, Bane, Hush, or Black Mask.

I think the biggest threat would be Batman against the police and Gotham itself. I imagine that they took that direction so they wouldn't have to get a villain to top the threat of The Joker.

One thing I'm really interested about after seeing the DVD is the direction the citizens of Gotham take. They think they saved themselves from The Joker, not the Batman who was going around killing people instead of helping them out.

A little intrigued by Weisz... didn't like her very much in The Mummy series run and thought she was adequate enough in Constantine. Not sure if she could carry a movie but could definitely be a solid enough part-time on screen role.

Chris Nolan said that he was looking to use some characters that haven't been used in movies. So I don't think we'll see Catwoman, even though it's rumored. If there needs to be a love interest, I could see Talia, and after that it's anyone's guess. I'd like to see his version of the Mad Hatter though.

I'd like to see his version of the Mad Hatter though.

Only if Tom Petty plays him

Not sure if she could carry a movie

Bear in mind that I would have said even worse of Heath Ledger.

(Did you see A Knight's Tale?)

Chris Nolan said that he was looking to use some characters that haven't been used in movies. So I don't think we'll see Catwoman, even though it's rumored. If there needs to be a love interest, I could see Talia, and after that it's anyone's guess. I'd like to see his version of the Mad Hatter though.

The thing is, I can't think of any lesser known villains that Nolan could sell the studio on. I can't really imagine Warner Bros. being excited about Black Mask after a movie with the Joker. The studio would probably want a well known classic villain.

Just a hunch, but I bet they wouldn't give a flying fuck who Nolan put in the film if he had an awesome story lined up. People are going to see the third film if all the players are back. Nolan won't want to make a shit movie, and if he is involved, he will have a huge say in who gets put in the film.

I actually thought Ledger would do fairly well after seeing his turn in Brokeback Mountain and seeing him in Candy (An indie drug movie. He was great as usual). I haven't seen that same acting ability out of Weisz to make me think she could do really well if given a lot of screen time.

I must be the only person that half-way liked A Knight's Tale.

I must be the only person that half-way liked A Knight's Tale.

My girlfriend enjoyed Knight's Tale. The only experience I've had watching it is the Best Buy Blu-Ray demo kiosk where they show a Half DVD/Half Blu-Ray scene from the film to show the added detail of HD.

A Knight's Tale wasn't good or bad...it was alright

Yeah, I don't really remember having any kind of opinion of it really. It was an ok fun kind of movie.

It was what it was. Nothing else to really say.