TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

We may have just set an internet record for Most Consecutively Ambivalent Posts Regarding A Knight's Tale.

That's ok, I guess. Not great.

The thing thats scary is that it looks like The Sun was taking itself seriously while reporting that shit. Like they think anyone would really believe any of that. The very fact they even mention Robin screams fake.

I'm sorry, but I could believe that if Nolan opts out. Warner Brothers is still stupid and probably would believe that Batman name could sell. Right now Nolan has saved the franchise and both he and Bale has made it crystal clear that Robin will show up over their dead bodies. I don't see WB being stupid enough to fire them but if they opt out, I could see them being that stupid with Shia.

I was surprised to find that this is still playing at the IMAX in Boston and will be there for at least the rest of the month. Me and a couple of buds are going down there the week after Christmas and I'm going to try my damndest to convince them to go but for some reason one of 'em is intent on seeing Doubt even though it'll be playing here in Portland when we go.

It's not as if I don't want to see Doubt. It's just that it's playing in town. No need to go ninety minutes to see it. The Dark Knight isn't and it especially isn't in IMAX! I think I can convince him, his Batman instincts will override his theater major instincts!

I saw TDK again on an airplane.

Holy fucking shit. Still holds up

Did you think it got better the second time? When I first saw it in a regular theater, I thought it was great, but then the second time, I saw it in IMAX, and I loved it even better (not just because it was in IMAX either).

Because he's Robin.

One of the highest selling DC books of all time (A Death In The Family) features The Joker brutally beating Robin (Jason Todd) and then tying him up and leaving him to die in a explosion. Fans got to vote on if Robin survived, and they (although by a small margin) decided Jason Todd should hit the bricks.

That was Jason Todd, though. Dick Grayson was and remains very popular. Robin is a great character if written properly.

I think people who hate Robin just aren't looking at him the right way/haven't read good Robin stories.

Or they just prefer Batman going solo without a kid sidekick, like me. I've read plenty of good Robin stories, but I just like it better when Batman's out there by himself in a fight. I never really felt it was believable that this kind of dark loner character would take on a preteen partner in the first place.

Or they just prefer Batman going solo without a kid sidekick, like me. I've read plenty of good Robin stories, but I just like it better when Batman's out there by himself in a fight. I never really felt it was believable that this kind of dark loner character would take on a preteen partner in the first place.

I don't think he took Robin in to be his sidekick, at least to fight crime. There are other reasons why an older man would take in a preteen and have him dress in tights.