TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

The Gray Ghost is one of my favorite episodes as well. My personal top 5 episodes are as follows

1. Two Face part 1

2. Heart of Ice

3. Robin's Reckoning

4. Beware the Gray Ghost

5. Appointment in Crime Alley

Number 5 I think is wonderfully written and I find the ending extremely touching.

^^ Downey's face when Heath won was priceless. He was all, "FUCK DC COMICS MAN!!!" :lol:

downeyissadyj5.jpg

"I didn't get it and I still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so fucking smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? Fuck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from"

I still <3 RDJ though

You know, I think Robert Downey Jr is a great actor. I loved him in Iron Man, and I love almost every movie that he's appeared in. But seriously, he's being such a huge ego-prick making a comment like that and I seriously hope that he doesn't win shit at any award show this year, period. :)

I think he will win the Oscar. Unlike most years where the supporting actor category is usually packed with tons of big names and memorable performances...there wasn't a ton of those memorable supporting performances this year.

The only reason I could see Ledger not winning is because the Supporting Actor/Actress categories are where the Academy likes to fuck around the most and have an upset. (see Arkin over Eddie, Marisa Tomei, Juliett Binoche over Lauren Bacall)

I can understand where he's coming from, though. Let's face it: Iron Man would have been THE superhero movie of the year if the Dark Knight hadn't been released, and Downey fuckign owned in that movie.

Yes, it would've been.. but it wasn't. It wasn't like WB was going to be all "Oh, let's wait another year because Iron Man came out earlier this year". I just think that it's really immature of him to take the piss out of the movie (which includes, the cast, crew, writers, director) just because it won out at the box office, etc.

I think he will win the Oscar. Unlike most years where the supporting actor category is usually packed with tons of big names and memorable performances...there wasn't a ton of those memorable supporting performances this year.

The only reason I could see Ledger not winning is because the Supporting Actor/Actress categories are where the Academy likes to fuck around the most and have an upset. (see Arkin over Eddie, Marisa Tomei, Juliett Binoche over Lauren Bacall)

Yeah But I don't think they're going to let a movie that made a billion dollars go unrewarded in all the "major" categories. They can honor Ledger, his performance and the film in one shot.

Downey's most likely mad because he revived his career with Iron Man, and he was back in the spotlight, but then The Dark Knight comes out and becomes huge. I guess he feels Iron Man is ignored now or something? :huh:

I finally picked this up on Blu Ray this past Saturday. DAMN, the IMAX scenes look amazing. I didn't know it was possible for 1080p to look this good. The IMAX scenes make my TV do stuff I didn't know it was capable of.

I finally picked this up on Blu Ray this past Saturday. DAMN, the IMAX scenes look amazing. I didn't know it was possible for 1080p to look this good. The IMAX scenes make my TV do stuff I didn't know it was capable of.

Yeah, I thought the IMAX scenes were the best that my TV has looked also. I wish they had just filmed the whole movie in IMAX.

I found a KidsWB on demand section with episodes of The Batman and Batman of the Future. Its listed as Batman Beyond, but I have no idea why they're showing the British version instead of the American. Just something I found it interesting.

For a show that was only made to sell toys (according to Paul Dini), Batman Beyond (or Batman of the Future ^_^ ) was a pretty awesome show. It also brought us the best animated Batman/Joker story of all time and one of my all-time favorite Justice League Unlimited episodes ("Epilogue").

For a show that was only made to sell toys (according to Paul Dini), Batman Beyond (or Batman of the Future ^_^ ) was a pretty awesome show. It also brought us the best animated Batman/Joker story of all time and one of my all-time favorite Justice League Unlimited episodes ("Epilogue").

ROTJ wars within me against MASK OF THE PHANTASM, though I suppose PHANTASM isn't strictly a Joker story.

It's been a while since there was a post in this thread. Here is a VERY nice video compilation of Batman Begins I stumbled across on YouTube. The song seems to fit the mood of whatever video clip is being shown, perfectly.

I'm just wondering how overrated Ledger's performance will be.

I smell a posthumus Oscar nomination in 09.

I doubt he can win though.

Hey...Marvin was RIGHT about something! On the day Ledger died no less. Well...half right so far. I think he is going to win.

It's been a while since there was a post in this thread. Here is a VERY nice video compilation of Batman Begins I stumbled across on YouTube. The song seems to fit the mood of whatever video clip is being shown, perfectly.

Nice video.

Yeah, I think this thread is slowly but surely dying but it has had a helluva run. I never expected it to get to 74 pages.

But to keep the discussion alive, I will say that I have been watching a lot of DCAU stuff lately - especially Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and JLU (Cadmus arc). God, I love this stuff.