TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zaius

GA high school has its first racially integrated prom

one black man I'm fairly close with though not a good friend totally hates the NAACP, UNCF, any group that just divides as he calls it.

Six black men I'm fairly close with say you suck.

Guest Richard McBeef
Hey Mcbeef, so regardless of Madmans race what does being from Minnesota have to do with it? Are you saying there is no ghettos or whatever you want to call it in Minnesota?

I wasn't being entirely serious. I just sorta half-assed the second part of that post. The main intent was just to rip on all the people living vicariously through The Edgy HBO Show With Black People.

I didn't mean I thought all of that up until now was a good thing. I meant before blacks complain about this they should work on ending their own segregating groups and traditions. This sounds like the old "some of my best friends are" but one black man I'm fairly close with though not a good friend totally hates the NAACP, UNCF, any group that just divides as he calls it. He says there's millions out there like him, but they get no voice because of people like Jesse Jackson.

Yeah...fuck him for having a problem with the United Negro College Fund. And yeah all that stuff you just named is SO the same.

Shadup.

Integrated proms with black and white hicks is going to lead to the greatest emails featured bad prom outfits ever. GO FOR IT!!!

He feels money, even scholarship money, shouldn't be collected and distributed to a single race. Why "fuck him" for that?

Maybe because he is a moron. There are thousands of scholoarships for the children of alumni, which it was impossible for blacks to be because their parents weren't allowed in the schools. Yet he wants to complain about the ones there to help those that aren't able to collect on those. Alumni priviledge is a big thing in college and universities and it is simply not possible for alot of blacks because of the way society was when their parents were headed to college.

Basically what you and your friend are bitching about is this. Colleges weren't allowing black students to attend. ANd even when it was the law, they still weren't being accepted. So successful blacks formed colleges, schools and universities where race didn't matter in the acceptance policy, they got the best teachers they could so that the schools could have repectability and made it so that blacks also could have a chance at higher education. Thats why there are HISTORICALLY black colleges(not black only). So you have a whole generation of blacks and whites (yes, plenty of whites have gone and continue to go to "black" schools) that went to these institutions. for the next hundred years alumni have kids and they, like ALOT of americans followed their parents footsteps and went to the same school.

You and your friend are saying that now because blacks can get into regular colleges they should do away with all that history, fire everyone on staff and ignore the students that wanted to go there because by not doing so it is being segregationist. Clark Atlanta was founded in 1865. Morris Brown in 1881. Morehouse in 1867. But fuck that. Shut them all down and burn them to the ground because mostly blacks make up their student body which means blacks want to be segregationist.

While there are not "white" scholarships by name, there are scholarships that are literally impossible for any other race to get outside of whites. Basically I am saying your friend is a idiot.

Your last word explains why they're not different. I don't see how offering any kind of incentive to an individual race, any segregated housing or educating, should continue or why anyone who really cared about blacks would want that. Keeping the black victim mentality is what keeps the whole race behind. The things mentioned do so, they're saying blacks are owed.

Poor education? Poverty? Racial stereotyping? 400 years of oppression? No, the real thing that holds black people down is giving them extra help.

He grew up in a house with around 10 other kids, one parent, and he's making six figures. But he's an idiot. His point is the victim, we're owed because of the past, mentality keeps making generation after generation of underachieving blacks. There are poor students among all races, not just blacks, and most of them didn't have alumni parents. He says money set aside for black students should be set aside for students of any race that need it. Do any of you really think extra benefits based on race are a good idea? If so, there's no more point arguing it.

Guest Richard McBeef

There are kids in bad situations who are bright as hell and could make something of themselves in college, but wouldn't normally have the wherewithal to maximize their potential. There's scholarship money out there for all sorts of people. Why would anyone have a problem with the UNCF?

There are kids in bad situations who are bright as hell and could make something of themselves in college, but wouldn't normally have the wherewithal to maximize their potential. There's scholarship money out there for all sorts of people. Why would anyone have a problem with the UNCF?

Again, he says it shouldn't go specifically to one race. Things like that only keep the divide. And he also hates the term African-American. Yeah, he's a conservative, church-going type, I guess that makes him an idiot, too. Like I said I'm not a really good friend with him but we've discussed those types of things when out golfing, etc.

Hasbeen got bitchslapped by Ripper there.

I thought this was a good discussion by people with different views, not a contest to see who could impress the other posters. There's nothing wrong with not thinking alike.

Guest Richard McBeef
Hasbeen got bitchslapped by Ripper there.

I thought this was a good discussion by people with different views, not a contest to see who could impress the other posters. There's nothing wrong with not thinking alike.

Have you really been here for a year? The whole board is a contest to see who can impress the other posters.

Again, he says it shouldn't go specifically to one race. Things like that only keep the divide. And he also hates the term African-American. Yeah, he's a conservative, church-going type, I guess that makes him an idiot, too. Like I said I'm not a really good friend with him but we've discussed those types of things when out golfing, etc.

AGAIN. Your friend is a idiot. I don't care what he has done and what type of person he is. He is a idiot. I noticed you slid his dislike of historically black colleges out because really any argument against them is just plain retarded. Now you are going to point out funds that are are earmarked for EIGHT percent of the population? EIGHT PERCENT. The VAST majority of all scholarships are going to go to white students because they are the VAST majority in the population. Mathmatically, what your friend is suggesting is that scholarships shouldn't be marked for a race and that they should just be in the scholarship lottery I guess where by the numbers they are likely not to get any of the money. It doesn't create a divide, it provides a means for parity. Without things like this, there is a enormous advantage to not being black, or any other minority for that matter. The population disparity is always going to be there and removing things to even the playing field just a little is ridiculous.

And who the fuck cares what he thinks of African American. He has proved himself to be a idiot. Don't name other stuff he believes. You will be hurting all those other causes.

I don't know. I think the students taking advantage of those scholarships are probably the ones who are already motivated to succeed anyway, so I don't necessarily see what it's hurting. The stereotypical "dumb gansta black kid" isn't going to be applying for a scholarship or thinking about college, unless they're an athlete who gets an athletic scholarship.

Hasbeen's argument that racial segregation is no different than forming groups to help oppressed minorities, or that the help these groups are offering is what is holding them down (rather than the other social problems facing that community) can be pretty easily disproven without resorting to "I know more black people than you."