TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JPopStarKami

oAo ECW Thread for 4/24/07 (Non-spoiler)

Punk vs. Burke for leadership of the New Breed. CM Punk wins the match, and is "congratulated" by the rest of the New Breed but is then they turn on Punk and they beat him down by them, as Elijah Burke remains the leader.

Yeah, the odd man out right now is Burke in some aspects. Having seen his OVW work I can safely say he sucks ass as a face and is 100x better playing heel. If Punk supplants him in the New Breed then Burke almost has to turn face, or maybe be sent to Smackdown or something.

If rumors are right, shouldn't they be making advances to push Monty Brown?

Well they did name his move the Pounce and they didn't job him out last night so the rumors might be true.

Why did the ref stop RVD?

Was it only because Punk had to kick Burke?

The ref was adhering very strictly to the rules, and not allowing wrestlers to the outside of the ring as a weapon, which is why Cor Von was disqualified.

Incidently, did anyone else notice the boos when Cor Von was disqualified? I think he may be able to go tweener/face with Punk if they decide to split the new breed.

I don't see where a Monty push is in the works from the current storylines. It looks blatantly like they are going with Snitsky at some point, and won't that match just suck with Lashley? I'd just have Lashley go through him on TV or something, no need to waste PPV time with it.

I dunno, I think Cor Von may be getting over with the WWE audience as the heel you enjoy kicking peoples asses. Unlike Striker, Thorne and Burke, I can see him being turned face if needed.

I don't see where a Monty push is in the works from the current storylines. It looks blatantly like they are going with Snitsky at some point, and won't that match just suck with Lashley? I'd just have Lashley go through him on TV or something, no need to waste PPV time with it.

I am hoping that the Office does not think that a Snitsky - Lashley feud has long term potential. Snitsky just does not have the tools to pull it off. I think Snitsky will be fed to Lashley after a 3 or 4 week feud leading up to a PPV.

Monty on the other hand could sustain a feud with Lashley for a few months and is obviously being protected for something, just look at his weak sauce DQ loss from last night. Has he lost cleanly on television yet?

I am hoping that the Office does not think that a Snitsky - Lashley feud has long term potential. Snitsky just does not have the tools to pull it off. I think Snitsky will be fed to Lashley after a 3 or 4 week feud leading up to a PPV.

Monty on the other hand could sustain a feud with Lashley for a few months and is obviously being protected for something, just look at his weak sauce DQ loss from last night. Has he lost cleanly on television yet?

Snitsky could work...IF they gave him a good manager to act as a 'mouthpiece'. I can't see a good feud being built between them without it.

But most likely they'll just have Vince dump Umaga for Snitsky or something and have Lashley 'overcome the odds' again.

Snitsky is dead in the water. He's just not over. WWE has gone to the well with the psycho big guy gimmick too many times recently (Heidenreich, Mike Knox, etc). No one cares when he beats up some no name, and no one cares that he's stalking the New Nitro Girls. It's boring and been done to death.

Really, the only useful thing I could see doing with him would be giving him a manager and putting him in a heel stable where he can be the muscle. He shouldnt' be anywhere near the ECW Title, though.

Burke and Snitsky vs CM Punk and the New Breed could work.

Sure..if Monty, Striker, and Thorn turned on Punk. Otherwise you'll make Burke and Snitsky the only two heels on ECW.

Why would the rest of the New Breed want Revenge on Burke? Unless he had Snitsky destory all 4 ofn them.

Burke would be the one wanting revenge because nobody helped him when CM Punk interfered during his match. Take into consideration that CM Punk becomes the new leader of the New Breed. So Burke goes out to find some muscle and who better than the giant hairless sweaty mean gene snitchkey, nobody! CM Punk's master plan would be to destroy all by deception, double crossing, white lies, half truths, etc. in the end nobody is standing but CM Punk.

Burke = heel

Snitsky = heel

Striker = heel

Monty = heel

Vampire = heel

CM Punk = tweener

I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding you. Not saying your wrong or anything, I'm just not following you.

How would Striker, Monty, and Thorne be heel when they're teaming/siding with Punk who would be the face here?

Cm Punk is evil because of his intentions to destroy the New Breed from within. The vamp, teacher, patriot are heels because they are squashing the Originals b-team of Stevie Richards & Balls Mahoney every week. Burke & Snitsky are heels because they are stealing the divas shoes. CM Punk will be the anti-hero face tweener if you will but the New Breed won't know it until its too late.....because he's straight edge and better than them and stuff. Cm Punk's five star self-help inspiration speeches will convince them that he is the rightful leader of the New Breed. During every speech CM Punk will cross the 4th wall if you will doing the Zack Morris talking to the camera deal but the New Breed would be clueless to it. So when they do the big match Cm Punk will be on the sideline as the manager attacking both sides with their backs turned and CM Punk will be doing the sarcastic look that Jim does from the Office saying "It wasn't me". When it gets to the point where its CM Punk vs Burke the New Breed will be picking sides again eventually it would be the freaks (Snitsky & Thorn) on Burke's side and Striker & Monty on Punk's side. Which would lead to Burke/Thorn/Snitsky vs CM Punk/Striker/Monty in a no rules cage match with Thorn leaving Striker a bloody mess, Monty destroying Burke, and Punk walking out leaving Monty for dead against Snitsky. Burke will do the "I told you so" speech and CM Punk will do his "I'm better than you" speech.

I watched this episode of ECW with my cousin, and he hasn't watched a complete wrestling show since right before WM XX. He's still a fan of wrestling, sorta, but he got turned off back then after WWE blew the Invasion, nWo, Goldberg, and so on. Anyway, his thoughts on the show were pretty much what you would expect:

-He liked Umaga/Lashley, but hated the DQ finish.

-He hated Snitsky, and kept mentioning his acne.

-He was impressed that ECW gave the main event a good bit of time.

-Since he used to watch ECW on TNN, he loved seeing the originals, especially Sandman and Sabu.

-He was really impressed with CM Punk and Elijah Burke, and that entire feud (I explained it all to him) and the finish to the match.

-And finally, he really, really loved The Pounce, and said it's one of his favorite moves that he's seen in a good while.

Cm Punk is evil because of his intentions to destroy the New Breed from within. The vamp, teacher, patriot are heels because they are squashing the Originals b-team of Stevie Richards & Balls Mahoney every week. Burke & Snitsky are heels because they are stealing the divas shoes. CM Punk will be the anti-hero face tweener if you will but the New Breed won't know it until its too late.....because he's straight edge and better than them and stuff. Cm Punk's five star self-help inspiration speeches will convince them that he is the rightful leader of the New Breed. During every speech CM Punk will cross the 4th wall if you will doing the Zack Morris talking to the camera deal but the New Breed would be clueless to it. So when they do the big match Cm Punk will be on the sideline as the manager attacking both sides with their backs turned and CM Punk will be doing the sarcastic look that Jim does from the Office saying "It wasn't me". When it gets to the point where its CM Punk vs Burke the New Breed will be picking sides again eventually it would be the freaks (Snitsky & Thorn) on Burke's side and Striker & Monty on Punk's side. Which would lead to Burke/Thorn/Snitsky vs CM Punk/Striker/Monty in a no rules cage match with Thorn leaving Striker a bloody mess, Monty destroying Burke, and Punk walking out leaving Monty for dead against Snitsky. Burke will do the "I told you so" speech and CM Punk will do his "I'm better than you" speech.

.....wow....