TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

You Favorite Austin Memory

Seeing as Austin is now gone, still hard to believe if you want the truth. Well what was your favorite memory of the texas rattlesnake? I know he had a lot of great moments but pick one or a couple and post em.

- The night after Breakdown IYH 98 when Austin lost the WW(E) title and ruined McMahon's crowning of a new champ. I marked out soo much when austin drove that zambodie (sp?) in to the arena. Classic Austin.

- Forget which RAW it was but when Bret Hart had that "broken" leg and Austin got to bret in the ambulence and kicked his a--. Good stuff

- Austin attacking McMahon in the hospital. The bedpan hit to the head was great. Funny stuff.

Guest Anglesault

WM XIV, When he beat Michaels for the title.

Buried Alive '96, When he beat HHH clean.

Guest Brian

WM 13 watching him bleed. Lots of summer of 1997 memories. Austin counting his own pin. Stunner on Shane with the beer.

The Zamboni. Yes. That is really my first real memory of Austin after I started watching wrestling again after just stopping caring in mid-1995.

WM XIII match with Bret

Spraying Vince and Shane with beer

Singing with Angle

SS 96 match with Bret

Luring Bret out of retirement

Bret/Austin feud (his best feud)

I'll miss the old Austin.

Favorite in-ring moment would be Wrestlemania 13. Favorite non-ring moment would be him arguing with Angle over who loved Vince more.

Guest The Electrifyer

The Raw that you were talking about where Austin kicks Bret's ass is my favourite. It was funny how he was saying all this stuff like, "I said I was gonna beat Bret Harts ass all the way to Canada and thats just what I did." which was getting crazy pops while he added the line "And I did it all without the help of any of you fans", still trying to be heel.

Guest y2jailbait

When he jobbed to Brock les...............Oh wait, neva happened!

Besides that "incident", id say his royal ass kicking he gave to the Nation Of Domanation at IYH Degeneration X. STUNNER ON THE TRUCK YO!

Guest Cataclysm911

I think that my favorite Austin moment was his shoot interview in ECW where he made fun of Hulk Hogan & Dusty Rhodes amongst other people.

Match wise, it has to be his Wrestlemania match against Bret Hart because it was such a good match.

Guest areacode212

Favorite match: WM 13

Best non-wrestling moments: KOTR '96 acceptance speech, the Bret/Austin ambulance Raw, Austin/Spike Dudley confrontation from Smackdown

When he caused part of the roof to drop on X-Pac's head.

That was some funny shit.  Also, the time that him and Kane threw Paul Bearer into the sewer.

Guest Anglesault

Didn't he and Kane lock Taker in a meat locker and have him committed that night?

Didn't he and Kane lock Taker in a meat locker and have him committed that night?

Steve Austin was put in the freezer, but wasn't locked in.  Austin saved Kane from being thrown in a body bag, by knocking the Taker out with a shove, then he lokced the Undertaker in the freezer.  Then at the ned he threatens Paul with scissors, and decides to take him outside, where he throws him the sewer.

Kane was commited two weeks later by Vince.

Guest godthedog

i didn't become an adult wrestling fan till 2000 so i wasn't part of the whole austin craze, but his match with angle at summerslam '01 made a believer out of me.  austin's desperation was palatable, i don't know if he's ever been as good as he was that night.  i can still watch that match & never get sick of it.

Guest Anglesault

I distincly remember them putting the Kane mask on Undertaker and the ordelies carrying the undertaker out. Maybe I'm losing it.

Guest mickberna

My favorite moment was when Austin chaired the ever-lovin' shit out of the Rock to put him away at WM X-7.  

That and the Shane mouth-full-o'-beer stunner when he introduced Steve Blackman (!) as Austin's assailant.  That was awesome.

My favorite Austin moment would also be the Shane/Austin/Blackman incident from Unforgiven 2000. I was there that night when he returned and damn if the roof didn't come unglued when the glass shattered!

Guest DrEvil

- his KOTR acceptance speech "You're goin on about Matthew 4:12, John 3:16. Well Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass."

- the video promo he cut before the WM 13 match with Bret "Pink and Black, what the fuck is that, Austin 3:16 is gonna kick your pink and black ass.  You want mercy, you will beg for mercy.... ain't gonna get any."

- the crimson mask pass out in that match

- the skits with Vince and Angle

- his run as paranoid leader of the alliance (for the most part)

- singing "Margaritaville" with The Rock.  As much as I hate sports entertainment bullshit that was great because of how funny it was, and because of how there was no way to tell which one of them or when they would snap and hit their finisher out of nowhere.

Guest bob_barron

Where to begin??

The stuff he did with the DA.

V. Savio Vega Beware of Dog

Austin 3:16, slaughter of Jake Roberts

The whole Bret-Austin feud with all the matches and the moments- too many to list.

Austin giving JR, King, Sarge and Vince the stunner

Coming through the crowd at RR 98

Winning the belt at WMXIV

Coming out pretending to be a McMahon stooge

OTE98

v. Taker- Summ98

Zamboni, McMahon in the hospital

Coming back and giving Mankind the belt

St. Valentines Day Massacre- slaughtering Vince

BeerBath

the feud with Triple H in 99

Shane getting stunnered

Proving to everyone he was back v. Benoit

Any Austin/Angle match

Triple H-Austin feud 2001

My name is Stone Cold Steve Austin and I do not deserve this

the stuff with Angle and Austin and Vince

What was cool in the beginning

and just so much more

Guest Austin3164life

Favorite Austin Matches:

Austin vs. Hart (Survivor Series 96)

Austin vs. Hart (Wrestlemania 13)

Austin vs. Michaels (King of the Ring 97)

Austin/Michaels vs. Owen/Bulldog (May 31 1997)

Royal Rumble 1997 (HILARIOUS)

Austin vs. Owen (Summerslam 97, before injury)

Austin vs. Michaels (WM 14)

Austin vs. Rock (WM 17)

Austin vs. Angle (Summerslam 01)

Austin vs. Benoit (May 31 Smackdown in Edmonton)

Austin vs. Triple H (No Way Out 01)

Favorite Austin Moments:

-King of the Ring 1996 Crowning Ceremony (birth of 3:16)

-Video Montage of Austin vs. Bret at Survivor Series

-Austin getting thrown out by Bret at RR, and just coming back in to win (and getting a good pop for the heel act)

-Austin bleeding profusely and almost reversing the Sharpshooter at WM 13

-Austin on the Raw after the April ppv, where he was the entire focal point and he and Bret had a crazy street fight, ambulance segment

-Austin and HBK winning the Tag Titles

-Austin giving Pillman a swirly at KOTR 97

-Austin crawling over to pin Owen for the 3 at Summerslam 97

-Austin beating HBK for his first World Title at WM XIV

-The Raw after WM 14 when he Stunned Vinny Mac

-Austin/Vince/Angle cowboy hat segment

-Austin/Rocky sing-a-long segment

-Austin dousing Vince, Shane, and Rocky in beer

I can think of dozens more but these are the ones that completely stick out in my mind.  Arguably the most compelling career has probably come to an end.....

Guest BorneAgain

The 3:16 Pager incident w/ the Rock

The constant huggings of Vince McMahon

The Hero/Jackass argument with Kurt Angle

The gold medals/ bridge promo he did to Kurt Angle

and so many more...

I was there the night he came out with the beer truck and gave Vince, Shane, Rock, Etc, the beer bath.

Austin destroying Lita with a chair.

Anything between Him and Bret Hart.

Austin calling out Booker T. Tazz jumps in the ring. Austin looks at him and says, "Unless Booker T got real short and real fat, real fast, you don't need to be in here."

Alliance Austin talkin crap to Debra how if he sees Angle he's gonna do this and that, then Steph slams the door and he almost jumps out of his skin. "Damnit Steph! You scared Debra!"

The whole Hugging war was too damn funny. Get the "What?" Video to see "bloopers" of the skits. Funny shit seeing Austin & Vince cracking up laughing.

The first time he ever used the "What?" thing. Huge Morris did all he could from laughing.

Austin laughing, "I feel like CRAP!"

Austin trying not to laugh while Steph and the Alliance was singing to him.

Guest claydude14

dibease searching for months for the million dollar champion and bringing in the ringmaster

Oh Yeah, The Hero/Jackass Arguement in the ring. How they didn't crack up laughing is beyond me.

Vince Flirting with Torrie Wilson then Austin hugs Vince.

Austin kicking Cole's ass will always be one of my "Smark'ish" favorites.