TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

Spider-Man 3

Guest Smues

Saw it last night. Loved it. The Sandman owned, as did venom. And hell so did Harry.

I really liked happy go lucky DAR I GOT BUMPED ON DE HEAD Harry. I wish he'd stayed that way.

Yeah it sucks Venom died, but you know what? I don't mind. Venom is awesome, but if Rami doesn't care for him that much and doesn't wanna use him for a full movie so be it. He was great for an ending to Spidy 3, and there's plenty of other options for Spiderman 4 if it gets made.

I liked how all the citizen's finally like spidey and he gets respect. (No more HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM random New Yorker dude)

Bruce Campbell owned. Best part by him in the franchise yet.

The bridge scene made no sense, because it wasn't like Harry was pointing a gun at Mary Jane. Like has been said before, why didn't she say something to Pete? Oh wait, she probably tried but is such a terrible actress he didn't realize it. I really wish they had just killed off Mary Jane. Dunst is terrible. Awful. I was ok with her in the first two, but this was the breaking point.

Dunst was awful. Just terrible.

The dance scene was...wierd, but the music owned so I was ok with it. Was it better than Hey Pachuko in that Mask scene someone mentioned? Maybe not, but then again what is?

Great movie, and if it's the last one then it's a good ending. If not, please get rid of Dunst, please.

Oh yeah, I was in theatre 8 for the 8:50 showing. Theatre 9 was a 9:10 showing. Both theaters got out at the exact same time. GUESS WHICH THEATER GOT MORE COMMERCIALS? Damn movies.

Actually, while i think on, i got really shit trailers.

Surfs Up

Wedding Daze

28 Weeks Later (Which comes out NEXT week)

Oceans Thirteen...Twice.

Saw it yesterday, here is what I thought.

Venom felt like such an afterthought to the Sandman. He just comes in and leaves in the span of thirty minutes. And they never explained how the symbiote knew about Flint Marko and how Mary Jane was the right person to hold hostage. It would of been better if the movie just focused on the Sandman.

With that said, the Sandman is a B-Team jobber villain at best. Was having him become an important part of Peter's life as the guy who accidentally shot Uncle Ben necessary? This would be like making the Blob be Xavier's son or something in X-Men. Same with Peter forgiving him after all that, that was quite the sudden change of heart.

Other than Venom, I felt we could have seen a lot more of Gwen Stacey. She was everything Mary Jane wasn't. Plus shes hot.

Bruce Campbell and Stan Lee. 'Nuff Said.

It's a fun movie overall but it felt like it was rushed yet not rushed. I think if it cut out the unnecessary stuff that went nowhere like Peter dancing and scoping the ladies and added more stuff such as say character development to those that actually need more of it, the movie would have easily topped the first two.

Pretty disappointing. The first 30 minutes was insanely hyperkinetic and really fun, and all the Saturday Night Fever aping and big pimpin' Peter Parker stuff was hilarious. Also, the Sandman effects were fantastic, and the first scene with Sandman post-transformation was a great argument for the sort of thing fancy digital graphics can add to a movie beyond explosions and fight scenes. Overall though, it was Spiderman-by-the-numbers all crunched up way too much. Better than X3, which was atrocious, but suffered from the same problem--unsure if this is going to be the end of the franchise, the creators cram way too much in and can't really round things off properly.

Looking back on it... it is a good movie. The only problem is the first one was very good, and the second one was great. I'm still not down with the whole horrible MJ storyline and Parker acting like a bitch.

Well his girlfriend that he has loved for a good part of his life dumped him. I'd be prettty upset too.

I don't think Venom usage was the problem. Maybe a disappointment for the fanboys, but I don't think the Venom usage hurt the movie.

I would change the too long montage of Peter being a dick, and the dancing scene. The occasional shitty line as well, but I thought it was a decent flick.

I watched it earlier tonight and while I enjoyed it as I watched it, truth be told, I'm afraid to totally think about it, and completely gather my thoughts of the entire thing to totally form my opinion of the film. Off of the top of my head there's plenty about the movie that I hated, and I have a feeling that if I put too much thought into it, whatever I write about it will be nothing more than a complete and total bash of everything about the movie except the fight scenes, and the simple fact that it was indeed a "Spider-Man movie". I love Spider-Man (the movies, and a little bit of the cartoon - I know next to nothing about the comic), I love the universe and the characters, but as a film there is plenty about this movie to bash. Heck, as a Spider-Man fan there's plenty to bash it for.

Most (most, not all) of the problems of Spider-Man 3 are because of the simple fact that they tried to stuff so much into a single film. There's at least two movies crammed into this single flick, and possibly three depending on how you look at it. Even at almost two and a half hours they still didn't have time to explain everything that was happening throughout the movie, and most of what they did try to explain in the short time that they had was rushed in such a way that the explanation was almost always something incredibly simple, or a flat out deus ex machina in the worst way possible. On top of that, most of what happens in the movie, at least the major bits, is all just a stream of endless coincidences with no rhyme or reason to anything.

After looking forward to this film for so long and after totally loving the first two flicks so much, now that I've finally watched Spider-Man 3 I sit here let down, wishing that I could somehow press a reset button on the entire SP3 project.

Maybe I'll just leave it at that, for now.

Bruce Campbell's 3 minutes as the French guy recaught my interest in the film, other then that it was somewhat boring. The Sandman's speech at the end made the whole film seem pointless to me, why did he all of a sudden come out with 'Hey, I don't want to do this you know...". The Green Goblin story arch was completely washed over with a 'bump on the head'. Spiderman3 wasn't even near as emotional as the other films, there wasn't much to it at all apart from a few funny moments.

It was alright...it wasn't HORRIBLE or anything...just OKAY.

Pimpin' Peter Parker was hilarious.

Topher Grace was pretty good.

THC as Sandman was good and he was a good enough villian, there just wasn't enough of him and I didn't care for him

turning into King Kong at the end.

For people bitching about him as the main villian, remember, the Spider-Man MOVIES are pretty much focused on Peter Parker and how he copes with life as a superhero, the stories aren't driven by his villians. They're just plot points.

Bryce Dallas Howard is gorgeous, I must see more of that girl...well other than the Village.

JK Simmons, gold as usual. The bit at the end where he gets swindled out of 100 bucks is great!

When they revealed Sandman as Ben Parker's killer, it gave me the "Joker killed Batman's parents" crappy vibe.

as people have already mentioned, there's too much crammed into a 2 hour and 20 minute movie, things seemed rushed, forced. Needed much better pacing.

7/10

I think I'm more pissed by the inclusion of lame reasons for the guys to exist and it has a lot of band-aid on a gunshot wound plot fillers. To put the Harry wants to kill Peter storyline on hold, they slap on the band-aid of "His short term memory is gone from the bump on the head" and then it returns with a scene straight out of a lame romantic comedy.

Then to give Harry a reason to help Peter, we have the butler show up and go, "Oh by the way, I worked as a member of CSI and discovered the wounds matched the blades on your father's glider. Oh, I didn't tell you I knew how your dad really died and that I knew he was the Green Goblin all along? Slipped my mind."

Sandman is a fine villain on his own and being out of control to save his daughter should have been enough. But no, we have to apparently find a way to make Spidey mad at him (apparently the trying to kill everyone isn't a good enough reason) so they toss in the "oh by the way, he killed your Uncle Ben...oops, sorry we forgot to mention it". So how do they fix THAT stupid plot twist?

How about a Touched by an Angel type ending with the Sandman apologizing before floating away to a scene that needed some Tim McGraw song playing. I guess Peter needs time with Peter and isn't worried Sandman is going to go out and put more people's lives in danger to save his daughter. Nah, he's got relationship issues to work out.

I forgave the King Kong scene since it did kinda make sense with all the sand at the construction site. But his storyline ending up being so poorly put together it ruined what could have been an amazing villain in the vein of Doc Oct.

Venom storyline was fine, but it was obviously a tack on and shelved one of Spider-Man most awesome villains in like 25 minutes. That's bull, if they knew they didn't have time to use him then they shouldn't have used him.

At the end of the weekend, I am not sure who really directed this. Cause this film has the stink of Bret Ratner and Mark Steven Johnson all over it.

For people bitching about him as the main villian, remember, the Spider-Man MOVIES are pretty much focused on Peter Parker and how he copes with life as a superhero, the stories aren't driven by his villians. They're just plot points.

I completely agree on this. And the same can be said about the comics, for us who follow them.

I enjoyed this film more than the first two. Everything made sense to me. It didn't feel like a 2 and a half hour movie. Loved the Sandman storyline and the ending. Very emotional. Oh, and I hate MJ too. They should kill her off.

Everyone keeps talking about venom being shelved in 25 minutes, but during the entire movie I just figure they were planning on bringing him back in either the next movie or the planned final fifth movie. There was a wee bit of symbiote left after the explosion, and characters have been brought back from the dead from more dramatic deaths in the past in other movies. Not to mention the director teasing in an interview that someone who died may not be dead. It's either the goblin or venom, and I don't see whats left to do with Harry after the babyface turn.

I still hate the ending, Harry’s complete 360° change of heart towards Peter at the end was totally irealistic as so the forgiveness of Spidey towards the Sandman, it was too rushed, the dialogue were lame and i don't want to see Spiderman/Goblin fight like they were Batman and Robin

Everyone keeps talking about venom being shelved in 25 minutes, but during the entire movie I just figure they were planning on bringing him back in either the next movie or the planned final fifth movie. There was a wee bit of symbiote left after the explosion, and characters have been brought back from the dead from more dramatic deaths in the past in other movies. Not to mention the director teasing in an interview that someone who died may not be dead. It's either the goblin or venom, and I don't see whats left to do with Harry after the babyface turn.

I'm rooting for Topher Grace to make a comeback as Venom, and he may come back, but the rumor right now for the next movie is Carnage and Lizard being the villains. It would make sense to have Venom back too though, unless they plan on having Lizard helping Peter defeat Carnage.

Venom was way underutilized. Truth be told, he didn't come off as a very big threat. He alone should've too much for Parker to handle. Brock should've terrorized Peter throughout the film, playing mind games and such. I will say that he looked fantastic.

The action was great, but I couldn't have cared less about the story. Oh and Gwen Stacey was smoking hot in this movie.

Okay I finally saw the movie.....and I thought it was pretty good. Certainly better than the various reviews and people on here indicated. Thoughts:

I didn't really think that Venom was all that badly treated in this. For the most part the storyline was fairly similar to the comic and cartoon, though I don't know if Eddie Brock was an outright charlatan as photographer (he was mostly just inept). They did wait a bit long to finally put him in the suit though, but in the end he did get to whack Harry Osborn before getting blown up. No idea why Gwen Stacy was his girlfriend in this, or really why Gwen was even in the movie since she was more plot device to keep Peter and MJ apart rather than a full blown character.

Sandman on the other hand....the dude sucked. I'm sorry but the guy is a 2nd rate jobber heel and doesn't deserve to be this guy who kills Uncle Ben, etc. Also, they did a big no no in making him this indestructible villain who can't really be killed since he's just made of sand, which is always the mark of a scrub heel (as a general rule the biggest jobber heels are the ones made to look the most invincible....the artists figure they need the heat!).

I can't help but think Dunst has run her course as Mary Jane, or just the character has in general. It might be time to reduce the role a bit since she's too important to just phase out. In all honesty though how much more of "Peter and Mary Jane are dating, but circumstances split them apart, she gets kidnapped by a villain, he saves her" can we take? This is the 3rd movie where they fell back on the same plot device of the villain kidnapping MJ. In this she went from Broadway singer to waitressing and singing in a saloon. I guess by the next movie she'll be a stripper that gives blowjobs for crack money.

Harry Osborn....he was the man in this. I've thought James Franco was a future star for a while, maybe now that he's dead in this he can star in some movies of his own.

In the end there were a lot of things I enjoyed in the movie, but the script damn near collapses under the weight of so many characters and concepts. Some stuff like the symbiote struck me as odd, since they had the perfect explanation for it in the last movie (namely John Jameson bringing it back from space). The "Sandman killed Uncle Ben" retconning was goofy, as was the butler explaining to Harry about his dad's death. This is one of those movies where you'll enjoy it while watching it, but then just try explaining half of it to someone later.

Harry was buried and Eddie Brock blew up. Octavius is probably the best bet for a returning villian, since he just vanished into darkness w/o any real final trauma killing him.

Harry was buried and Eddie Brock blew up. Octavius is probably the best bet for a returning villian, since he just vanished into darkness w/o any real final trauma killing him.

I dunno dude, he looked pretty dead at the end of Spiderman 2.

I'd say Lizard's probably pretty easy to do considering Connors is already there. As far as strong top-tier villians left, its pretty much him, Electro, Mysterio, Hobgoblin, Chamelon, and possibily Carnage if they change his orgins. Rhino and Shocker are henchman at best. Kraven works fine by himself, but I doubt they'll let him carry an entire movie. Morbius is a maybe at best.

an easy idea i heard for hte next movie is that the lizard goes loose on the city and kraven comes to town to hunt the lizard, and of course spidey has to save doc conners from getting killed as the lizard by kraven.

For what it's worth, there were reports from the premiere that an actor whose identity had to be kept secret said that "just because it looks like I die in this doesn't mean that I won't come back''. I'm gonna try and dig up a link.

an easy idea i heard for hte next movie is that the lizard goes loose on the city and kraven comes to town to hunt the lizard, and of course spidey has to save doc conners from getting killed as the lizard by kraven.

I love that idea...I think Kraven would be an awesome movie villian.

Well, I don't think that was James Franco since he flat out dies in the movie and is buried and there's really no sensible way to bring him back. It can't be Thomas Haden Church who said this since Sandman doesn't even fit the description in any way. Gotta be Topher Grace as Venom, since the character's potential was only barely touched. If this actually is the only appearance of Venom then that's one of the most unbelievable examples of leaving money on the table that I can recall.

Harry's character arc is pretty much over now, the Sandman stuff was mostly resolved, but Venom is a character that they can bring back big time.

It's really funny, every review I read all said pretty much the same thing, "The movie was okay at best." (me paraphrasing) yet they gave the movie 3 1/2-4 stars. When was the last movie that came out that was considered "okay at best" yet it was 3 1/2-4 stars.

My friend called me today and game me his review for the film. He told me how much he hated this movie. And this is from some that LOVES pretty much all comic book movies. He had the same complaint that everyone seems to have. The story was lacking, not enough Venom and Kirtin Dunst was horrible.

I love that idea...I think Kraven would be an awesome movie villian.

That storyline is from the Spider-man 3 Game.

There are also a few "other" characters in the game, (much like Spider-man 2 had Mysterio) so I doubt we'd be seeing them in any future movies. At least movies by these same people.