TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact Spoilers

TNA Impact spoilers from Orlando

From Jason Christopher:

Sting comes to the ring to talk. Angle comes into the ring with a chair but Sting blocks it with his bat. Sting and Angle brawl, and Christian comes out. Christian makes a match for later tonight with a stipulation. It's Angle & Sting vs. Christian & Styles. If Angle makes the pin, he gets a title shot at Sacrifice, and same goes for Sting.

Team 3D is backstage with another repetitive promo, talking about their tag team title match.

Team 3D battled Samoa Joe & Rhino to a no contest to retain the tag team titles. Short match with Christopher Daniels doing a run-in. He attacked Rhino with the bat, and then the four faces worked together to clear house on Daniels.

Robert Roode comes out to fire Eric Young. Cornette comes out, but Roode shoves him out of the way. Young comes out, but gets beaten up by Roode. Roode vs. Jarrett is announced for Sacrifice.

Gail Kim defeated Jacqueline in a falls count anywhere match. Gail won with a dropkick to a chair that was by Jacqueline's face. Storm and Jacqueline attack Gail after the match and Harris comes out for the save.

Kurt Angle & Sting defeated Christian & A.J. Styles in a no DQ match. Angle & Sting made AJ tap out at the same time, so it's a triple threat match for the title at Sacrifice.

Homicide defeated Scott Steiner and Brother Devon in a triple threat match. When the ref wasn't looking, Hernandez hit Devon with the border toss and Homicide got the pin.

Christy Hemme came out, followed by VKM. VKM was going to the ring, and The Bashams came out and attacked them.

Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley defeated Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt when Shelley pinned Dutt. Backlund attacked Sabin after the match.

A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, & James Storm defeated Samoa Joe, Rhino, & Chris Harris when Storm pinned Harris with a roll-up.

Angle and Sting brawled in the back.

Robert Roode defeated Sonjay Dutt in an Xplosion match. Eric Young came out with a guitar after but Roode ran away.

Jay Lethal defeated Homicide in an Xplosion match with an elbow drop from the top rope.

Overall these tapings were far from great. It wasn't bad, but it shows TNA can't have a string of a lot of good shows in a row. Some stuff as usual wasn't shown including something with Mitchell talking about Abyss

Full spoilers, at least what happened in front of people, are now up.

Angle & Sting made AJ tap out at the same time, so it's a triple threat match for the title at Sacrifice.

Man, I hate this finish so much.

Nothing here really sounds all that impressive, booking-wise, although the first hour of the taping sounds like it might at least have some notable matches, with Jackie Moore apparently losing two teeth in the street fight match from a more detailed report I read on the tapings.

On paper it looks like a step down from the past few weeks, but we'll see. What surprised me was no JJ at all, and they are supposedly building to a Styles-Joe match at Sacrifice and these results give nothing in that direction.

Angle & Sting made AJ tap out at the same time, so it's a triple threat match for the title at Sacrifice.

So Sting had AJ in the Scorpion Deathlock whilst Angle had him in the Ankle Lock? Is that physically possible?

I can understand a face submission and a leg submission being applied at the same time, such as a Crossface and a Walls of Jerricho and a Crossface and a Ankle Lock or a Indian Deathlock and a Triangle Choke but not 2 face or 2 leg submissions.

Detailed spoilers from PWI, and some of it...

Impact 5/3

*Sting comes to the ring. Kurt Angle comes to the ring with a chair to confront Sting. Sting doesn't realize Angle is coming at him, so Angle tries to nail him with a chair. Sting blocks it with a bat. Security separates them. Sting demands to know what Angle's problem is. Angle blames Sting for him not getting a NWA title match against Christian Cage. Sting says that his problem should be with Cage, not him. Sting says that Angle interfered in his match last week and cost him his shot at the title. They fight and are separated. NWA champion Christian Cage comes out on the stage and asks why they can't all get along. He mocks them by saying they aren't being good role models. Cage suggests a way to settle their problems, saying Sting was handed a title shot by Jeff Jarrett, so he didn't really earn it. Cage tells Angle that he's an a***** but he has a point about the title situation. He then says that Angle ruined Sting's shot last week. He says to fair, they should have to team against he and AJ Styles tonight in a No DQ match. If they win the fall, whoever gets the pin gets a title match at Sacrifice but if Cage wins, no one gets a title shot. Sting says that he already has a title match. Angle says that if he's really an icon, he'd be willing to put the shot on the line.

*Backstage, Leticia interviewed NWA Tag Team champions Team 3D. Brother Ray says their legacy was fulfilled with the NWA Tag titles and it was their most important title win. He says they are going to have a long title run and discusses their non-title bout against Rhino and Samoa Joe tonight. He says that he knows how bad Rhino is and wants to see how tough Samoa Joe really is.

*NWA Tag Team champions Team 3D fought Samoa Joe and Rhino to a no contest when Christopher Daniels attacked Rhino and Devon with a bat in under four minutes. Match was mostly Joe and Brother Ray going back and forth. Daniels tries to leave so Joe grabs him and chokes him out, then tosses him back in the ring. The babyfaces lay Daniels out and they all "got the tables". They set a table in the corner. Joe nailed Daniels with an enziguiri and Rhino gored him through a table.

*Backstage, AJ Styles and Christian Cage were arguing about having to wrestle Sting and Kurt Angle as Styles was upset. Cage said that when they win, there would be no number one contender, leaving a shot open for Styles. Styles hugged Cage and left.

*Robert Roode and Traci Brooks came to the ring. Brooks was in a neck brace selling the guitar shot from the week before. Roode says he isn't a happy man and says he hates Eric Young's guts. He said that the only people he hates more than Young are the fans. Roode says that he knows Young is in the Impact Zone and demands he comes to the ring. Jim Cornette comes to the ring and says that he doesn't condone violence against women, but if anyone should be fired from TNA it's Roode and Brooks and she got what she deserved last week. Cornette points out that Young was signed to a personal services contract while he was still under a TNA contract. As a result, Young was in breach of contract, so Cornette could sue or fire him. He says that Young signed because Roode was "tampering with TNA's contracts" so Roode could be sued or fired. Roode says that if Cornette could have done something, he would have done it by now, then strikes Cornette. Young hit the ring for the save and they brawl. Young goes for a guitar under the ring but Roode avoids it, then DDTs Young. Roode stands over Eric with the guitar but Young lowblows him. Roode drops the guitar. Young goes to hit Brooks with the guitar, but Roode nails him from behind. Brooks and Roode handcuff Young in the corner. Roode says that "It pays to be Roode" and drills Young with the guitar. Security hits the ring. Cornette gets on the mic and asks Roode if he thinks he's so tough, he'll face Jeff Jarrett at the Sacrifice PPV.

*Gail Kim pinned Jackie Moore in a Street Fight. Each brought weapons to the ring. Moore grabs a chair but Kim dropkicked it into her for the pin. Good but short brawl. James Storm attacks Gail and DDTs her. Chris Harris makes the save when they tease hitting Kim with a glass bottle.

*In a match to determine the challenger for Christian Cage's NWA title at Sacrifice, Kurt Angle and Sting defeated NWA champion Christian Cage and AJ Styles in a No DQ match when Angle and Sting both made Styles tap out. A good match. It was ruled the Sacrifice PPV will be Cage vs. Angle vs. Sting.

*It was announced in the building that NWA Tag team champions Team 3D will defend at Sacrifice in a Three-Way match against LAX and the team of Tomko & Scott Steiner.

Impact 5/10

*Homicide defeated Scott Steiner and Team 3D's Brother Devon. Hernandez interfered and nailed Devon with the Border Toss to set up the pin.

*Christy Hemme comes to the ring. The Voodoo Kin Mafia followed her. The former Basham Brothers debuted, using their OVW names, Doug Basham and Damaja. Hemme told VKM that she had a surprise for them and that's who it was. It's VKM vs. Basham & Damaja at Sacrifice.

*TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley defeated Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt when Shelley pinned Dutt with the Air Raid Crash. Very good match for the short time (4 minutes). Bob Backlund came out and forced Sabin and Shelley back into the ring. Backlund nails Shelley then hit an atomic drop on Sabin.

*AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels & James Storm defeated Samoa Joe & Rhino & Chris Harris when Storm pinned Harris. Harris and Storm brawled into the bleachers and Storm took a bump off of them. Lots of brawling in the crowd.....and at the same time...

*Sting and Kurt Angle brawled into the Impact Zone. Security comes out to separate them. Christian Cage comes out on the stage watching them battle. Cage went to the back. Angle got on the mic and said that at Sacrifice, he was going to take down Sting.

Xplosion:

*Robert Roode pinned Sonjay Dutt. Eric Young came to the ring to save Dutt with a guitar.

*Jay Lethal defeated Homicide with a top rope elbowdrop.

Nothing here really sounds all that impressive, booking-wise, although the first hour of the taping sounds like it might at least have some notable matches, with Jackie Moore apparently losing two teeth in the street fight match from a more detailed report I read on the tapings.

On paper it looks like a step down from the past few weeks, but we'll see. What surprised me was no JJ at all, and they are supposedly building to a Styles-Joe match at Sacrifice and these results give nothing in that direction.

I read somewhere that the last tapings were done out of order so JJ could fly back home since his wife's condition worsened.

I read somewhere that the last tapings were done out of order so JJ could fly back home since his wife's condition worsened.

Yeah that was the tapings before these here - they did the Roode/Young/JJ angle that they aired last Thursday out of order so he could leave ASAP due to his wife's condition.

So Sting had AJ in the Scorpion Deathlock whilst Angle had him in the Ankle Lock? Is that physically possible?

I can understand a face submission and a leg submission being applied at the same time, such as a Crossface and a Walls of Jerricho and a Crossface and a Ankle Lock or a Indian Deathlock and a Triangle Choke but not 2 face or 2 leg submissions.

The thing that irks me about the finish is that it was a tag match. There's only one legal man. Therefore AJ's tapout either shouldn't count because BOTH of his opponents were in the ring and the ref should've been making one go back to the corner - OR since it was a no DQ match, then it should only count for whomever was the legal tagged-in man at the time.

Here is what I don't get about this main event angle. Why are we supposed to go along with this notion that Angle has been screwed out of a title shot in some way? He whines about it, Christian agrees with him, the announcers put this over. But why? Angle did jack shit at that PPV to earn a title shot. Sting and Jarrett were the only guys in the ring to win the match, while Angle was busy knocking Styles off the cage. My point is that I don't see where Angle has a beef, or why anyone should agree with him. If Angle had been in the ring, Jarrett uses the guitar, Angle goes for a cover, but then Sting tosses him and takes the pin...then Angle might have a point.

Angle is becoming almost Ortonesque in his ability to annoy everyone and place himself in main event angles where he isn't wanted.

In theory it's because Angle's the leader, he's the guy who got the team together, and he felt that he should have been taking the pinfall. It's stupid, but that's what I think they're trying to do.

I don't recall Angle ever getting the guys together and saying "Hey look, I'm the leader and best chance of unseating Christian, so let me take the pin." It's his own fault anyway. If he desperately wanted to win, why would he leave the cage and dick around with AJ on the top of the cage? He can't exactly win up there and there's a good chance a pin could occur while he's up there.

What IS Angle? Is TNA trying to invent some new type of character with him? He's not a face exactly, but he's feuding with the heels. And he's not really a tweener either.

I don't recall Angle ever getting the guys together and saying "Hey look, I'm the leader and best chance of unseating Christian, so let me take the pin." It's his own fault anyway. If he desperately wanted to win, why would he leave the cage and dick around with AJ on the top of the cage? He can't exactly win up there and there's a good chance a pin could occur while he's up there.

What IS Angle? Is TNA trying to invent some new type of character with him? He's not a face exactly, but he's feuding with the heels. And he's not really a tweener either.

As far as I can tell, he's just being himself. He thinks he's entitled to the belt and doesn't think anyone else is as good as he is. He'll talk them up and then he'll toss in his "but I wrestled with a broken neck" or "I'm a bigger champion than you ever were or will be" or whatever. It's just Kurt being crazy Kurt.

As for why go after AJ, he insulted Kurt and challenged his ego from what I saw. The one thing more important to the title to him is his ego.

It's actually the perfect character for him.

I don't have a problem with him fighting AJ on the cage, but why is anyone giving a damn about his whining afterwards? It's not like Angle won't be one of the umpteen guys in the KOTM match in June, so why does he need a shot RIGHT NOW? Even if he wins he'd be stuck in the KOTM next month and have no advantages, so why is Cornette acquiesing to his demands?

My frustration with the angle isn't so much that it makes no sense, since Angle would want a title shot and all. But it's more that I don't care what he thinks and don't wanna hear it. Let Sting have his 1 on 1 match, job out via nefarious means and the usual 15 ref bumps and run ins, and then Angle can have a shot along with everyone else at Slammiversary.

I don't have a problem with him fighting AJ on the cage, but why is anyone giving a damn about his whining afterwards? It's not like Angle won't be one of the umpteen guys in the KOTM match in June, so why does he need a shot RIGHT NOW? Even if he wins he'd be stuck in the KOTM next month and have no advantages, so why is Cornette acquiesing to his demands?

My frustration with the angle isn't so much that it makes no sense, since Angle would want a title shot and all. But it's more that I don't care what he thinks and don't wanna hear it. Let Sting have his 1 on 1 match, job out via nefarious means and the usual 15 ref bumps and run ins, and then Angle can have a shot along with everyone else at Slammiversary.

In kayfabe, Angle might not know there is going to be a KOTM next month. I'm not sure whether or not it has been mentioned so far this year.

In kayfabe, Angle might not know there is going to be a KOTM next month. I'm not sure whether or not it has been mentioned so far this year.

If the KOTM didn't happen, I'd be fine with it. That match is way too contrived and a cop-out for changing the belt. Anyway, I liked Impact this week. It wasn't as good as it had been last year at this time, but it's improving little-by-little. Still not nearly as good as Smackdown, but I greatly prefer it to Raw.

If Impact was a 2 hour show it'd be much better. It seems like a manic, truncated version of a 2 hour program that was squeezed into 1 hour.

I share the same disdain for the KOTM match, but since they are doing it next month Angle should just chill and get a shot then. There was no point in putting him in this match. As a rule if multiple paragraphs are needed to explain the rules of a match, it's a bit hard to pull off successfully.