TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Movies you like...

X-Men: The Last Stand. People hate this, largely because it's not like the comics. But the action is awesome and unrelenting, the story is there and quite good and the movie never strays into cheesiness (something Spiderman 3 is guilty of) and the 90 minutes flies by. Easily the best of the X-Men movies. Easily.

No one cares that it didn't have anything to do with the comics. It was the weakest script wise, the characters not named wolverine were just kinda there. It was a cool action movie, but the first two were good movies. Easily the worse of the three. It wasn't horrible, but no way it was better than the first two.

It's totally untrue to say that people didn't care that it wasn't like the comics, that was one of the biggest complaints it got. Whah, whah in the comics the Dark Phoniex was different. A lot happens in this movie and thats why I like it. The cure storyline goes into some interesting social commentary, as well as some interesting plotlines i.e. who leads the X-Men after Professor X dies, Logan still loves Jean Grey and overall the movie is climatic and ties up the loose ends. Its just awesome. In fact it may be my favorite super hero movie.

I don't understand the love for X2. It's boring and nothing happens.

I can't say that I saw many people thinking that the X-Men should have flown into space to help a alien empire and Jean should die saving everyone on the trip back and make a return as the phoenix. I don't quite remember that. Plus, the first two movies are nothing like the comic and people loved those, so the "It wasn't like the comic is the main complaint" thing just doesn't fly.

It was more story based than action while the third was "lets take a few seconds to have a plot....NOW FIGHT!!!!" You obviously wanted more action so yeah, i can see why you would like the 3rd one more.

But the first two were much better films. I guess you could say the third was a better action film. I mean do you realize last stand spent less than 5 minutes combined dealing with the death of Cyclops and Xavier? They looked sad for a few minutes and it was over. Thats just....sad. If the first two were all action and not much story, I think Last Stand would have gotten plenty of love. As of now, it just gets some love and a cool action move title from some people.

I need to toss some more movies on the pile. And they all star...AFFLECK.

Thats right goddamnit.

Reindeer Games, Pearl Harbor, Armmageddon, Paycheck (or whatever that fucking Woo movie was called) Dogma, Bounce, Chasing Amy, Phantoms, Daredevil directors cut...I own every single one of these movies and like all of them and downright love some of them. Yeah, I relize that reindeer games is kinda fucking ridiculous with the twist, and I also realize that I didn't give a shit about the love story in Pearl Harbor and Affleck should have died, and yeah, Paycheck doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. But fuck that. When you accept them for what they are, not masterpieces of cinema, they are alright to fucking good movies.

And I watched Armageddon again this weekend. Right in the eye for anyone that says this movie and its ridiculous plot sucks.

Gremlins 2 is so much better than Gremlins. The reel burning up and gremlins replacing it with a nudist video followed by Hulk Hogan (complete with Hulk Rules attire and championship belt) cutting a promo is one of the greatest things I've seen in a movie. I've never seen the John Wayne VHS version and I never want to - that's Hogan's scene. Robert Picardo and Christopher Lee are also great in the movie.

I had a Gremlins 2 novelization somewhere back in the day.

Ghostbusters is way better than GB2, but at the same time I don't really follow the hate it gets. "World of the Psychic", Ray and Winston doing parties ("my dad says you guys are full of crap", "He-Man!" chant), and pretty much anything Bill Murray says in the movie is great (I think my favourite part is when he tells Peter Mcnicol's character that he's going to paint Vigo a happy face).

Gremlins 2 is so much better than Gremlins. The reel burning up and gremlins replacing it with a nudist video followed by Hulk Hogan (complete with Hulk Rules attire and championship belt) cutting a promo is one of the greatest things I've seen in a movie. I've never seen the John Wayne VHS version and I never want to - that's Hogan's scene. Robert Picardo and Christopher Lee are also great in the movie.

I had a Gremlins 2 novelization somewhere back in the day.

Oh hells yeah. The second one was great. As was the whole concept of them getting ahold of a genetics lab and making really cool Gremlins. Always wondered why there wasn't a third one.

A Simple Plan - Gripping and well acted thriller with Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda. Good build and use of location.

Bottle Rocket - Owen Wilson's best role I think. Wes Anderson seems to have a real affection for his characters and it's wonderfully written and performed in such a modest and affable manner. Great soundtrack as well.

Grandma's Boy

Fast and the Furious 1 and 3. (2 just blew)

Jersey Girl

The Core

I marked out like a whore when I saw vin diesel at the end

He Got Game

How could anyone hate that? That one's Spike Lee's most underrated.

It's soundtrack is also the last good thing Public Enemy did.

I have to add "Land of the Dead" Is it as good as the previous three Dead films? No, but it's still great. It also has Dennis Hopper (what can I say, I'm a fan of the guy) and one of John Leguizomo's best performances.

Also, "Drop Dead Gorgeous" is pretty good. Well, the scenes without Will Sasso are.

Deep Rising. Sorry, any movie with a multi tentacled beast, Kevin Conroy, and some gore can't be all bad.

Tank Girl is pretty fucking awesome. Ice-T as a mutant Kangaroo, Lori Petty (she's funny and kind of hot in the movie), Naomi Watts before she was a star, and a musical number. Man, Lori Petty should have been a star.

Hell Comes to Frogtown. How can anybody hate this movie?

The Cable Guy is awesome.

Oh, I also love Ken Russell's movies, especially "Altered States" and "Lair of the White Worm". LOTWW is one of those movie's that pretty much defies any description.

He Got Game is very solid. The only thing that killed me about that movie were the college names: Big State and Tech U :lol:

Ray Allen's acting didn't kill it for you? I mean, it wasn't Penny Hardaway "If I leave will my mom lose her houseandjob?" Blue Chips bad, but it was pretty cringe worthy.

I kinda liked the movie but mostly because of Denzel and his throat choppin "You can't talk now? Hmmm?"

was He Got Game the one where Rick Fox hooks him up witha threesome with the two white girls?

and wasn't Rick Fox too old for college when that movie came out?

was He Got Game the one where Rick Fox hooks him up witha threesome with the two white girls?

and wasn't Rick Fox too old for college when that movie came out?

Way two old. And so was Chasey Lain and Jill Kelly to be the slutty college girls. Perfect opportunity to see Kim Director get all nekid in that movie and lee blows it with two people that I don't I have ever seen with clothes on. Thats why I hate spike lee. not one nude scene for Kim Director. YET. 5 goddamned movies Spike. Get the fuck on it.

wait....that was Chasey Lain and Jill Kelly? I've only seen that movie once, can't believe I didn't catch that.

Yeah, that was them. Jill isn't shocking to miss since she looks different in every damn movie I've seen her and Chasey was going by Tiffany Jones so you wouldn't have seen her name in the credits.

Chasey I can see passing for a college aged girl, like maybe a senior. Jill Kelly? No, I can't see it.

Oh and THE POSTMAN. I still don't know why exactly I like the film but I do.

I don't know why, but for some reason I never watch it when it's on...that and Enemy of the State...I mean, it's not like I hate Gene Hackman, I've just never been compelled to watch either movie, and I like Denzel and Will Smith.

He Got Game is very solid. The only thing that killed me about that movie were the college names: Big State and Tech U :lol:

Ray Allen's acting didn't kill it for you? I mean, it wasn't Penny Hardaway "If I leave will my mom lose her houseandjob?" Blue Chips bad, but it was pretty cringe worthy.

I kinda liked the movie but mostly because of Denzel and his throat choppin "You can't talk now? Hmmm?"

Ray was pretty wooden, but I actually thought that kinda added to his character of disillusioned and easily used high school kid.

A Simple Plan - Gripping and well acted thriller with Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda. Good build and use of location.

One of the most underrated movies of the 90's.

Two more:

A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints - Totally ignored when it came out last year but it's quite well done with great acting and Chazz Palminteri NOT playing a gangster for once.

State of Grace - My favorite Gary Oldman performance and solid support from Ed Harris and Sean Penn (even if he is technically the star) are nicely balanced with a good gangster story focusing on the Irish mob (15 years before Scorsese did it). One scene is particularly heart-breaking.

Scanners - ive never found anyone else to like this film

Robocop 2 - i think its pretty good.

Armageddon - I like it.

Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai - Whittikers best performance IMO and an awesome soundtrack

I got another one, Swimfan.

Yea, it's basically Fatal Attraction with teenagers and I don't know why I watch it whenever it's on but it sucks me in every time for some reason.