TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The Undertaker tears his bicep.

WWE World champion The Undertaker has suffered a torn bicep tendon and is scheduled to see a doctor (I'm guessing James Andrews, since they are in Birmingham, Alabama for TV tonight) today to have the injury examined. I was told by one person who has seen the injury that you can easily see where the torn muscle in his bicep has rolled up his arm towards his shoulder.

PWInsider

Okay, NOW where do you go? You got a hot feud with Taker and Batista probably leading to a Hell in a Cell match that has just been destroyed. You'll probably have to have the World title vacated and put up for grabs. So where does Batista go, and should he get the title back?

IMO, right now, this is the moment to put the belt on Kennedy. I really don't see anyone else on the brand right now that should hold the world title at this moment other than him. It be nice to see Finlay wear it, but that might be a reach.

He might be able to still work through it, at least through the ppv. Who knows though, I wont speculate what to do and how to do it until its determined he's gonna be sitting out for a bit.

I don't know if he's quite ready for the title yet...but I have to agree. And actually last night, I fully expected (Well not really) Kennedy to find John Cena laid out next in the locker room, only to use his money in the bank shot and win the title.

How great would that have been, after just having the speech about what Edge did was so cowardice, and announcing when he's going to use it...only to use it on the knocked out champ moments later. Would have been a great heel move. But yea, I really don't expect Cena to be the one Kennedy beats so yea...knew that plan was kind of bust.

Although they can still sort of do that with Taker (if he's able to compete at all) Have him and Batista on SD, with a rematch like Cena/HBK were supposed to have, and have them both knocked out again, only for Kennedy to come and take it.

Then they've got a few choices, as they can do the Finlay's "jealous" one on one feud, even though that's more like an upper mid feud, or they've got Finlay/Batista/Kennedy...so I'd say they still have a few choices.

oh this has got to suck.. I am really digging Taker right now. With Booker and Rey still out, who's left that isn't Batista or Kennedy? Benoit (HA)? MARK HENRY?!

Guest Queen Leelee

Taker won't make it to the PPV. You get surgery on tendons ASAP because if atrophy kicks in beforehand, you're really fucked.

Batista will probably take the belt from Taker now or Taker somehow manages to wrestle once a month. Henry is coming back but I think the WWE is smart enough to know hotshotting the belt on Henry won't work at all. Maybe it's time to elevate someone else to the main event like Matt Hardy? Or just put the belt on Benoit, why the hell not..

Guest Kesh

I'm betting they either send Umaga over to SD and he beats Taker, or they vacate the title and the finals is Henry vs Batista

I say, assuming Taker needs to leave for awhile, these are the three possibilities...

1) Kennedy did that promo last night completely as a swerve (company likely knew this news about Taker last night) and will somehow get the belt from Taker tonight at the SD tapings, it could easily be done, as Taker and Batista could both play off the LMS match and be all messed up, unable to compete, etc.

2) Batista gets it back, but in doing so, by taking Taker out, he should turn full heel, more than any reason because if he gets the belt back and keeps going as a face, who the fuck is he going to face? The only real choice there would be the returning Mark Henry, but that could just as easy be a more upper card major feud and not for the title itself.

3) They pull a "trade" or something and a guy like Edge, for example, jumps to SD immediately and beats Taker, maybe even tonight, or perhaps next week.

Keep in mind that they are putting Khali in the main event on Raw as well. I assumed that they would give him some sort of lame duck title match on PPV just to not give away further Cena/Michaels matches for a while, with the idea being that they would have UT vs. Batista HIAC to main event Judgment Day. Now they will have Khali main eventing and no HIAC it looks like.

I say, assuming Taker needs to leave for awhile, these are the three possibilities...

1) Kennedy did that promo last night completely as a swerve (company likely knew this news about Taker last night) and will somehow get the belt from Taker tonight at the SD tapings, it could easily be done, as Taker and Batista could both play off the LMS match and be all messed up, unable to compete, etc.

I'd probably go with Kennedy paying off Khali to lay out Taker, Kennedy would then cash in MitB and just make the cover to win the World title. Khali could then be presented as a bigger threat to Cena's WWE title.

Oh man, I've just had a terrifying thought.

You don't think they'd have Mark Henry take out Taker, 'putting him on the injury list' next week as his comeback do you? Because, that was Henry's last gimmick. Then, the tournament someone mentioned above, culminating in Batista/Henry. That, Cena vs. Khali and Vince McMahon as ECW Champion, the Unholy Trinity of crap... I've suddenly got a very bad feeling.

More from Meltzer:

Undertaker injury update

[email protected]

Mark "Undertaker" Calaway's expected long-term reign as World champion is in jeopardy, not because of a booking change, but because of a torn biceps suffered before Sunday's Backlash PPV match.

Calaway will be seeing Dr. James Andrews this afternoon, but is still scheduled to appear on tonight's television show which is conveniently in Birmingham, where Andrews' works out of.

He was in tremendous pain Monday morning after the match. Because of how the muscle has completely rolled up the air, the belief is he suffered a complete muscle tear off the bone, which will require surgery and he'll be out six to eight months.

The original booking plan was for a lengthy Undertaker title run this year, and him working far more house shows than in many years. That's one of the reason he trained himself into getting so lean, which gave him added stamina and quickness on this run.

If it is at all possible, Undertaker does want to drop the championship in the ring, but that decision won't be made until Andrews sees him today.

If Undertaker can somehow gut it out until the PPV, I can see him either dropping the belt to Batista or beating Batista and then Kennedy cashes in his MITB title shot and getting the belt instead. If Undertaker can't even drop the belt in the ring, it'll be interesting to see how they get the belt off him and who ends up getting it.

If it is at all possible, Undertaker does want to drop the championship in the ring

I've been liking the guy recently, but this totally surprises me not at all.

Edit: Ugh, misread that as "DOESN'T WANT". What a fine return to posting this was.

Taker did have a long reign in 1997.

If he can wrestle, I would have Batista defeat him at Judgement Day. Maybe even a beatdown the SD! beforehand to explain the short nature.

Then when Taker comes back, do Taker v. Batista IV.

Hey maybe Smackdown can have a battle royal and Kurt Angle can win it...

Sucks for Taker because him and Batista have had a couple of great matches. Booker is injured, right? So, can't put the belt on him.

Well, let's see:

Batista (most likely to win it)

Kennedy (has an outside chance)

Benoit (Current US champ, ain't going to happen)

Finlay (not going to happen)

Edge should move to Smackdown since the Khali/Cena program started. HBK and Orton can have a one sided feud.

Put Kane in a wig and make-up and give him the belt. Actually I don't think WHC Kane is that bad an idea since the guy is always over, but his matches with Batista always suck (if they intended on continuing the Taker/Batista feud with Taker's substitute).

I don't want to celebrate someone getting hurt, but it will be nice to not have Taker on SD! for a while.

Because it gives all those Smackdown main-eventers a chance to shine?

Oh... wait.

Wow, if they do go the Mark Henry route. I'am just gonna have to take a long hiatus from WWE because SmackDown is the only wrestling show I truly enjoy.

It fucking sucks ass that Taker has to get injured. his long anticipated Title reign has finally been given to him and now this has to happen. hopfully the WWE doesn't pull the trigger just yet. they could still keep the title on him and just have him make appearences and taped promos and such until he revovers from this injury. anything to keep the title on him.

Though it would probably be a horrible business decision, MVP somehow becoming world champion as the only way he can 'beat' Benoit would be a good storyline twist to that feud.

I just had a thought. I can't wait for the Undertaker to heal because when he comes back, he'll be Bikertaker part 2.

I had another really radical idea but somewhat practical idea. The WWE needs to lure Brock Lesnar back and he can wrestle Batista.

If it is at all possible, Undertaker does want to drop the championship in the ring

Your statement confuses me...

Because I'm reading it, as he DOES want to drop the title in the match, rather then just a forfeit. (The way yours is worded seems like you're saying that's a bad thing? and it seems you're reading it, as he just wants to drop it like Batista did..but I could be reading it wrong)

It fucking sucks ass that Taker has to get injured. his long anticipated Title reign has finally been given to him and now this has to happen. hopfully the WWE doesn't pull the trigger just yet. they could still keep the title on him and just have him make appearences and taped promos and such until he revovers from this injury. anything to keep the title on him.

Really good idea. We can have the champion not defend his title for 6-8 months. As for me, I'm glad this could mean Taker has to drop the belt soon, because I was not liking him as the champion. To me he's sorta passed to the category where he is better off as the novelty side act rather than the main act.

Your statement confuses me...

Because I'm reading it, as he DOES want to drop the title in the match, rather then just a forfeit. (The way yours is worded seems like you're saying that's a bad thing? and it seems you're reading it, as he just wants to drop it like Batista did..but I could be reading it wrong)

Nevermind, I'm retarded. Bit rusty at reading posts and replying to them, I guess. I was skimming it and, since most people right "wants" instead of "does want", I thought Meltzer wrote "doesn't want".

It's time to finally do Batista/Henry. Get that out of the way before Batista tears something and joins Taker.

Well, putting him with Mark Henry is kinda the antithesis to keeping him injury free, surely?