TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
humanoid92

Top 5 people in the wrestling world

If you could meet and spend a day with anyone that's ever been prominently involved in the wrestling industry, who would be your top five choices? The day could be anything you want it to be: you could interview them, pick their brain, follow them around before a show, take a tour of their house, train with them, or just plain hang out with them. They can be active or retired, they can be wrestlers, managers, refs, promoters, announcers, ring announcers, bookers, road agents, etc.

Only two rules:

1) No women. Not because I'm sexist, but because I don't want this to turn into a "who would you try to bang?" thread.

2) No dead people. Just because they're gone now and it wouldn't possible to spend any time with them under any circumstances.

If you want to do a separate list for either forbidden category, then go for it.

These are not necessarily my five favorite wrestling personalities of all time, just the ones I think it'd be most interesting to spend some time with...

My list:

1) Bobby Heenan

2) Bret Hart

3) Howard Finkel

4) Chris Jericho

5) Jim Cornette

Honorable mentions: Christian, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Shane McMahon

Really my top three are the only definites. I think Heenan is one of the funniest people on the planet. Bret is my favorite wrestler of all-time. And Finkel must have a million stories from being around for so long. With my last two choices, I wanted at least one other actual wrestler so I went with Jericho for more of a modern name. He seems to be a legit good guy and is probably a lot of fun to hang out with. He barely edged out Christian in that regard. Cornette was a toss-up. On one hand, it'd be really interesting to pick his brain and hear him rant about various people, but on the other hand he's kind of an asshole and I'd probably never get a word in.

Living:

1. Bobby Heenan

2. Jesse Ventura

3. Harley Race

4. William Regal

5. Chris Jericho

Not so much living:

1. Andre the Giant

2. Owen Hart

3. Brian Pillman

4. Gordon Solie

5. John Tenta

Guest BlueStang302

With the caveat that I don't really like hanging out with people... here is my list:

1. Bobby Heenan - a popular choice. My favorite wrestling personality of all time. Funny and a genuinely nice guy.

2. Vince McMahon - seems larger than life. I don't watch wrestling nowadays, but I think what he has done in his life is impressive and I'd like to have to him tell me anything he wants to about it.

3. Roddy Piper - seems to be very cynical about the wrestling business and i think he'd have interesting stories and insights. Plus, he's still Piper

4. Jake Roberts - interesting guy with a great mind for the business. Plus, i'd like some of his drugs. (not kidding)

5. Jim Cornette - i agree with the poster above me who said he can be asshole. But I'm not a big talker, so I'd just let him rant and enjoy it. And I'd take him to Dairy Queen.

honorable mentions to Mick Foley, Terry Funk, Undertaker, Gary Hart, Honky Tonk Man.

I wouldn't really choose to hang out with any of the women, because I'm not crazy enough to think they'd have much interest in me after what they've seen in the locker room. I've always found Lita attractive, but again, not sure I'd really want to hang out with her. As far as wrestlers who are gone, Andre the Giant seems fun to hang out in a bar with.

In no particular order;

Mick Foley

Jesse Ventura

Jim Ross

Jim Cornette

Bobby Heenan

Honorable mentions; Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, Pat Patterson (I'm sure he has a shitton of good stories about his decades as Vince's right hand man), Chris Jericho and Edge.

1. Bret Hart, after seeing his shoot interview where he discussed how to put a match together, I think I could learn so much more spending a day with him

2. RVD, we like comics...among other things.

3. New Jack, need I say more?

4. Mick Foley, nicest guy in wrestling and very intelligent...for a wrestler

5. Chris Jericho, see username...

1) Bret, just because I'm a mark for him.

2) Owen. I'm also a mark for him, but he also seemed like a unique combination of a practical joker and a classy guy.

3) Patterson, for reasons previously stated.

4) Jericho. Always struck me as being pretty down to earth, like a buddy you'd bring to a bar with you.

5) Tie between Edge and Christian. They both seem pretty similar to their characters from what I've seen.

I think Cornette would be fascinating, but anyone with that much energy would probably wear me out awfully quickly. Additional honourable mention to Foley and Jake Roberts.

1. The Rock - Just seems like it would be a blast to hang out with

2. Chris Jericho - One of my all time favorites, seems to have a personality easy to relate with

3. Mick Foley - Maybe the most interesting person I can think of in the biz

4. Vince McMahon - To see what a day in his life is like

5. Steve Austin - My favorite wrestler from years gone by

The idea is that if you're hanging around the guy, you'll be the one person on the planet he won't be violent towards, at least for a day. The dude's hilarious when he's not angry. We'd probably get hammered around two in the afternoon and spend the rest of the day with a blunt and him telling me all the people in the business who he doesn't give a fuck about. Heaven help anyone I mention who I don't like. I took the topic to mean that they'd be your bestest good friend for a day, and I can't imagine ANYONE who would want to fuck with me while I was hanging out with New Jack.

1) Bret Hart - Have been a fan of this guy for years. He was the first wrestler I was ever a fan of.

2) Chris Benoit - He's my favorite wrestler right now.

3) Homicide - I've met the guy a bunch of times at indy shows and he was really nice and had some great stories.

4) Chris Jericho - He's just the man, plus I would love to talk metal with the man.

5) Nova - He was always one of my faves in ECW. Met the guy a couple of times and he was really nice. Seems like it would be fun to hang with he and Jericho at the same time. Can talk music with both since they are both metal heads of the 80's.

Guest BlueStang302

New Jack is many things. Scary, fascinating, charasmatic, funny, intimidating, ill-tempered. I can certainly see the appeal. Watching him talk on some shoot interviews I've seen.... you can't take your eyes off him. He is funny and engaging, and will say ANYTHING. But he's crazy. I'd like to say I wouldn't be intimidated by him, but how could you not? I'd like to be his friend, but if this is just a random meeting I don't think I could relax.

But I can very much see his appeal... i considered listing him.

Jim Cornette

Paul Heyman

Ole Anderson

Bill Watts

Gabe Sapolsky

Interesting. Couple guys, outside of Cornette, I don't think we'll see listed, but all certainly worthy.

That being said, I don't know who Gabe Sapolsky is.

The idea is that if you're hanging around the guy, you'll be the one person on the planet he won't be violent towards, at least for a day. The dude's hilarious when he's not angry. We'd probably get hammered around two in the afternoon and spend the rest of the day with a blunt and him telling me all the people in the business who he doesn't give a fuck about. Heaven help anyone I mention who I don't like. I took the topic to mean that they'd be your bestest good friend for a day, and I can't imagine ANYONE who would want to fuck with me while I was hanging out with New Jack.

That's a fair reason. I'm scared of New Jack. Even if he was on my good side, seems like the type of person that would kick your ass because he felt like it.

In no order:

Raven - Fucking smart guy, and from his shoot interviews he seems cool aswell)

Paul Heyman Who wouldn't?

Shark Boy See above

Christian Cage Again, seems like a really cool guy to hang around with

Colt Cabana I can only imagine this guy would be hillarious to hang around

5) Chris Jericho: It would be fun to sit back and jam with the guy.

4) Arn Anderson: Always respected the guy and thought he deserved alot more than just a major run with the TV Title.

3) Hulk Hogan: Biggest icon in wrestling ever, chance to end up on VH1, 1 in a billion shot his daughter finds you attractive and you join the family.

2) Mick Foley: Many of the reasons why have already been listed. Nice, intelligent, genuine, and funny. I could see going to Chuck'E'Cheese's with him

1) Scott Hall: Been a huge fan of his way back to the days of The Diamond Stud. I think he'd be a pretty laid back guy too which is what I have come to be.

Honorable mention goes to Paul Wight since summer time is coming and he'd be a great source of shade.

If women were allowed then Tammy Sytch would be on the list. Not only because she'll always be my one female wrestler crush but more-so because I'm sure she has many more interesting stories than what she told in her Shoot Interview. Who cares if she's gotten a tad pudgey? She's still cool shit.