TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Storm Card - 5/9/2007

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation Presents...

SWF STORM!

Live, Wednesday, May 9th, from the Estadio Felix Capriles in Cochabamba, Bolivia!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

THE MAIN EVENT - PURE RULES MATCH
Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix vs. "The Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke

--> Johnsonosity, your checks are in the mail. Clearly, Tom Flesher does not enjoy his employees dictating booking decisions, especially not based on things like "what the fans want". Pshaw. So with La Cucharacha now clearly at less than 100%, we thought it would be a good time to bring in the Dean to clean up what's left of our World Champion. And if Jay Hawke is successful in his efforts tonight, next week on Storm he'll have earned himself a shot at the SWF World Heavyweight Championship!
Rules: Three rope breaks for each competitor - a closed fist costs you a rope break, and then leads to a DQ. 20-count on the outside.
Word Limit: 5500
Send to: Ace309

SWF CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Fabulous Jakey vs. Wildchild

--> Tha Fabulous Jakey continues to impress! Last show he brought Jimmy the Doom's Cruiserweight Championship reign to a screeching halt, and brought the first piece of gold home to Rev-0! Jakey's had a number of big wins in the past few weeks, but this time he faces his toughest challenge yet. The man who has, on numerous occasions, made the Cruiserweight division his bitch - the Wildchild. Can Jakey's momentum carry him on to yet another stunning victory?
Rules: Standard, with Cruiser addenda. Outside count to 20, no throwing over the top rope.
Word Limit: 5500
Send to: chirs3

SINGLES MATCH
"The Beast" Gabriel Drake vs. Edward James

--> After a temporary Leave of Absence, The Beast is back!
Rules: Standard singles.
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: chirs3

SINGLES MATCH
Johnny Dangerous vs. Jimmy the Doom

--> Their names both begin with J. Coincidence? I THINK NOT. The battle over alphabetical supremacy begins!
Rules: Standard singles.
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: Justice

TAG TEAM MATCH
Toxxic and Austin Sly vs. Insane Luchador and JRR

--> An ill conceived remark at the airport ("I'm the bomb!") caused the plane carrying Insane Luchador and Austin Sly to be delayed, killing their match on Storm. We've ordered them to wear duct-tape on their mouths until the next show, so hopefully this will not happen again. But a lot has happened between then and now - specifically, Austin Sly has joined the ranks of the newly-reformed Revolution-Zero! Tonight, he teams up with Fearless Leader Toxxic, who hopes for nothing more than to have a little fun at his opponents expense. And after the unfortunate ending to his fight with Zyon, I imagine Toxx will be having lots and lots of fun at his opponents' expense tonight.
Rules: Standard tag.
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: Muzz

PLUS: Some things may or may not be announced regarding possible matches that may or may not occur at some point in the near or distant future, involving people who might or might not be booked in those matches! STAY TUNED FOR PARTIAL EXCITEMENT~!

Nothing against soccer - I used to play, after all - but has no one in South America heard of Basketball? Hockey? Indoor concerts? Sheesh. :P

Any requests for matches, stips, or to lower word limits due to the delay, send 'em my way. :)

Also, I think I've got the Pure Rules down right, but if I'm missing anything feel free to write it on a piece of paper, wrap it around a rock, and chuck it through my window. Just don't aim for my laptop, plzkthnx. Edited by chirs3

Everybody in the world loves football, apart from Americans.

Nobody else cares about basketball, or hockey (Canada doesn't count), or baseball (except Japan I guess) or American football, apart from Americans.

Anyway, Pure Rules is pretty much correct. The DQ for a closed fist only comes when the puncher has no rope-breaks left, other than that looks about right.

Everybody in the world loves football, apart from Americans.

Nobody else cares about basketball, or hockey (Canada doesn't count), or baseball (except Japan I guess) or American football, apart from Americans.

And, by "nobody," clearly you must mean England, since the best basketball player to come out of the UK may be John F. Amechi... But basketball is pretty huge in the rest of Europe, particularly in Italy, Lithuania, Serbia and Germany. As well as Asia, as well as South America. Don't get it fucked up, now: it might not be as big as soccer, but basketball is big business worldwide.

Yeah. That's not entirely accurate. Soccer is first, something like rugby second, but basketball has to be top five due to the proliferation of foreign players and the growth of their countries' programs as a result. The only place it's not that popular is Western Europe, in particular the UK, much like how the only place soccer isn't popular is the US.

Meanwhile baseball is likely only second to soccer in Central and South America. I'll give you American football. The thing is soccer is so dominating that everything else is small in comparison. But the US doesn't care about hockey either despite the owners taking it from where it belongs and trying to move into the southern half of the country. I and everyone else blame Gary Bettman. Though it still has Russia, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia.

Now, soccer. I really don't get it. It's fun to play, but just so boring to watch.

Well, I watch the NBA myself, so I'm happy to concede. BALLIN'!

EDIT: This has the potential to become really long and boring. But, point is, American soccer is pretty bad. The pitches aren't maintained well enough, the players aren't top quality and the fans aren't as into it. If you watch a European football game with something riding on it like the Chelsea-Liverpool game the other day, the difference is huge.

As far as boring to watch, American Football strikes me as just that. I've only watched it twice, two Superbowls, both times I was really struck by how stop-start it all is. Maybe it's because I watch Rugby and see it in comparison. Still, that and baseball just seem to rely so much on razzmatazz.

End angry Englishman rant.

Guest AyYoJoe

Ay Yo Joe will be out for further notice. Hopefully the sumemr school has been riding up my ass. It's been hard to find time big thesis paper coming up

You can kill off JRR if you want HA

That sucks to hear, JRR, but it's cool- I'm still up for the match long as To-Sly's cool with that. * After this Storm I'll need an undetermined amount of shows off (hopefully only two or three). So. I suppose you could kill off IL and JRR, it's not like I can't pull some strings with Dace Night and get resurrected again.

Edit: * Actually, I guess it'd be pretty pointless to have the match, so yeah, still their call.

JRR just IM'd me and said he's found time to write after all. So Sly, get a-crackin'. And IL... um, do whatever you see fit.

I can raid his inbox, if need be.

Just a heads up: show and card are being assembled, but for some reason my Wireless adapter is being finicky tonight, turning on and off as it pleases. Gonna try and get out to Best Buy this weekend to pick up a new one, but whether or not the show and card goes up tonight or tomorrow morning is pretty much going to depend on whether this thing wants to keep working or not.

I can raid his inbox, if need be.

Just a heads up: show and card are being assembled, but for some reason my Wireless adapter is being finicky tonight, turning on and off as it pleases. Gonna try and get out to Best Buy this weekend to pick up a new one, but whether or not the show and card goes up tonight or tomorrow morning is pretty much going to depend on whether this thing wants to keep working or not.

Yeah, whatever.