TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Conference Semifinals

Guest Vitamin X
If we traded Odom to the Blazers, I don't know who would come back. We need players that can play now, not guys for 5 years from now.

Randolph and/or someone like Travis Outlaw? Raef LaFrentz? What do the Lakers need? I know that Smush Parker might be getting traded or released soon to the Clippers of all teams, and PG has been the position they've needed the most help at for a while now. I don't think Portland would want someone like a Kwame Brown, plus the salaries wouldn't match up.

My suggestion for Randolph would actually be ideal for what you want- He's Kobe's age or so, I think, maybe younger. He's playing at a very high level these days, and as Ripper mentioned, he's not winning a title with Portland anytime soon. He would be incredibly useful in L.A..

EDIT: To answer Ripper's question, the only trade rumor I've heard for Randolph so far has been a straight up trade with New Jersey for Richard Jefferson.

If I were the Lakers, i'd trade Odom for Randolph and sign and trade Bynum and filler for Rashard Lewis. There's your big three right there.

A 3 way deal would work best.

Us getting Odom to the Blazers for their young talent, and getting those guys over to a team with a star player, so that way we can keep Bynum. A guy like Pau Gasol. I would like Randolph, but we need someone that can do it on the defensive end.

I heard that Kobe wants Artest more than any other player, I'm not sure how I feel about that. This is going to be a big offseason for a lot of teams, probably the biggest since the Grant Hill and McGrady to Orlando year.

And I'd do that above scenario like, yesterday if it took that much to sign and trade for Lewis. I don't think that it would though, the Sonics have a shitload of project big men.

FLOP OFF~!

Maybe the refs felt bad about game 3 because they are calling alot of chippy bullshit on the spurs right now.

I can't be the only one that expected Finley to hit that.

No

Finley, Fisher and Cassell are on my short list of players who I expect to hit every shot they take in the 4th quarter

I have to admit. I never expect Duncan to miss. Fade away from out of bounds, I expect it to bank in.

Nash should be a wrestler after that bump. He got hit, and it was a flagrant two, but come on.

God...fucking...dammit.

Stoudimire did just come on the court. And honestly I think so did Diaw.

Nash should be a wrestler after that bump. He got hit, and it was a flagrant two, but come on.

Robert Horry gave one heck of a forearm shiver. Steve Nash should show up on ECW and sell a Pounce from Marcus CorVon, he seems to know his skills. Damn that looked nasty.

Marv said it before I could, Amare was coming into the game and just got caught in innocent bystander land.

Robert Horry gave one heck of a forearm shiver. Steve Nash should show up on ECW and sell a Pounce from Marcus CorVon, he seems to know his skills. Damn that looked nasty.

No way it knocked him that much though. I mean geez.

No way it knocked him that much though. I mean geez.

Oh I agree, he'll be a great wrestling sell artist. I honestly didn't see a way that Horry sent him flying that damn much.

Nice rally by the Suns, hopefully this ends that "ARE THE SPURS IN THE SUNS HEADS?!?!" crap I have heard this entire series. It's gotten really old.

That would be pathetic if the Sun ended up with guys suspended over this. I hate the Spurs now. I used to like them in the Robinson days but now they are just thugs and cheaters.

The worst was a couple of games ago where Ginobli fell down then fucking grabbed Stoudemire's legs in a deathgrip.

That would be pathetic if the Sun ended up with guys suspended over this. I hate the Spurs now. I used to like them in the Robinson days but now they are just thugs and cheaters.

Please, let's not get carried away.

This was one of those call us "dirty",let me show what dirty really is plays by Horry. Uncalled for, but I bet that was what he was thinking.

If we're going by the book, Amare really should be suspended. He wasn't just going to check in, that is a lame excuse, period. I've never seen someone go check in by dashing off the bench with their chest puffed out. Ron Artest got suspended for the same thing in '04, and Amare came off farther than he did. But pivotal game 5, I doubt he gets suspended.

Horry's obviously out, that was pretty much James Posey on Hinrich last year. But man, Raja Bell, I hate that fucker, have ever since he played for Dallas. Dude thinks he's the biggest fucking badass in the world.

Horry's obviously out, that was pretty much James Posey on Hinrich last year.

I said it before TNT!

Suns are screwed in Game 5, they are going to lose two guys when the reality is this is the NBA's fault. They let the Spurs hit below the belt, wipe out legs and get a Suns player cross checked. They are going to lose Diaw and Amare and the Spurs will probably run them over.

Ignore the rules were players safety is put in jeopardy with cheap shots but lock down on a guy stepping on the court. That's how it goes though, one is a rule and the other is nothing at all.

Holy fucking overreaction. That Horry shot was not that bad.

Sure it's suspension worthy, but you guys make it sound like Horry went Karl Malone on Isiah Thomas' head.

Ironically, the rule was influenced by a brawl the Suns had with the Knicks in the early 90's.

That pounce sequence was pretty sweet, as the Spurs and Suns are really starting to get nasty with each other now. Also, good job by the Suns hanging in there and stealing it in the final minutes. They were dominated most of the game, and I was quite surprised when they actually got the lead back. Game 5 should be pretty crazy.

I think the NBA will suspend Horry and Diaw to set an example, but I don't think they'll do anything to Amare. No way they want to kill any potential excitement from Game 5 by suspending a big gun like that.

A question for everyone, from someone who doesn't have cable anymore so I can only watch highlights: are the referees (and the NBA) showing favouritism toward San Antonio, and if so, why? Because that's what everyone is making this out to be.

watching that last play with vince carter, this guy never fails to live up to my preconception of him as "the most talented dumb player in the league". Great talent, he just has BAD decision making abilities, I've always thought he has no idea what's a good shot and what's a bad shot, and that decision making seems reflected in his inside or outside play.

I think the NBA will suspend Horry and Diaw to set an example, but I don't think they'll do anything to Amare. No way they want to kill any potential excitement from Game 5 by suspending a big gun like that.

Their intentions would be pretty obvious if they did that, though. I don't think they'd want that. You pretty much have to suspend both, or neither.